SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux PAC

BobIwabuchiFan

To all Sioux Fans,

It has become abundantly clear to me that even if the court case goes our way and even if a tribal council allows for the use of the name, we will constantly be harassed by the opposite side. To that extent, the best possible solution for UND and Fighting Sioux Fans is to create a law...Very much like the last house resolution sanctioning the NCAA. But since that resolution most likely ended with the 109th congress, we need to do more to make this a reality! Does anyone know of a good site or book on how to establish a PAC? I would like to see some pressure applied on our ND congressional delegation as well as any others that may need reminding that the small group of academic PCs and native americans worried about the nickname is significantly smaller than the majority of voters who helped them get elected last time! Any information would be greatly appreciated...

BobIwabuchiFan

To all Sioux Fans,

It has become abundantly clear to me that even if the court case goes our way and even if a tribal council allows for the use of the name, we will constantly be harassed by the opposite side. To that extent, the best possible solution for UND and Fighting Sioux Fans is to create a law...Very much like the last house resolution sanctioning the NCAA. But since that resolution most likely ended with the 109th congress, we need to do more to make this a reality! Does anyone know of a good site or book on how to establish a PAC? I would like to see some pressure applied on our ND congressional delegation as well as any others that may need reminding that the small group of academic PCs and native americans worried about the nickname is significantly smaller than the majority of voters who helped them get elected last time! Any information would be greatly appreciated...

BobIwabuchiFan

If you would like me to sign a petition or I guess send a letter to the nd trio I guess I could if more were going to do it. They will answer our letters. I was told by Conrad's aid last year that they read all of their mail.

To all Sioux Fans,

BobIwabuchiFan

I would be more than happy to participate in this. I have a friend who is pretty knowledgable about it. This is a really good idea.

I think it's time to give it up and change the name. There are going to be more and more people opposed to the Sioux name, and it's time to move on. It certainly isn't going to help get a D1 conference with this hanging over UND.

So UND should quit now and tell the NCAA that they were right in calling, not only our state, but our University hostile and abusive? Maybe the all of the athletic teams should just give up now and forget about the rest of their seasons. AND maybe since we're all going to die someday, we should just stop eating, because seriously-why?!

Quitting isn't the answer.

Maybe the United States should have given up when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor-or better yet maybe the United States should have just caved when Osama Bin Laden decided to attack our country.

So UND should quit now and tell the NCAA that they were right in calling, not only our state, but our University hostile and abusive? Maybe the all of the athletic teams should just give up now and forget about the rest of their seasons. AND maybe since we're all going to die someday, we should just stop eating, because seriously-why?!

Maybe the United States should have given up when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor-or better yet maybe the United States should have just caved when Osama Bin Laden decided to attack our country.

Hockey Mom I agree with you 100%. It's folks like that damn YANKEE who wouldn't know the truth even if he stood in a fresh pile of it. As for the PAC hey i'm all for it just have someone let me know hey I'll sign that petition in a heart beat. GO GATORS CHOMP ON OHIO STATE & FROM THE GATORNATION HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Thanks Rush! ???

"Political correctness is a doctrine, issued by the delusional,

illogical,

liberal bureaucrats, rabidly endorsed and spread by the unscrupulous

mainstream media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely

possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

I am not sure who the author is of the above statement but I thought it was worth sharing since I got a laugh out of it.

goon wrote that :huh:???

Although I agree with it I can't take credit for it. I did write this though over the NCAA blog.

When this is all said and done we will really find out that political correctness run amuck will be met with severe pushback from the rest of the non-liberal elites. The majority of people are sick of liberal social engineering. The Minnesota issue just proves how far out of touch with the rest of mainstream society the NCAA and hand wringing liberal elites are.

I thought the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor! :huh:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, issued by the delusional, illogical, liberal bureaucrats, rabidly endorsed and spread by the unscrupulous

mainstream media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

I am not sure who the author is of the above statement but I thought it was worth sharing since I got a laugh out of it.

Man I wish I could lay claim to that, that is in my opinion is beautiful. A master piece. All we need now is some flags and music. :huh:

I think it's time to give it up and change the name. There are going to be more and more people opposed to the Sioux name, and it's time to move on. It certainly isn't going to help get a D1 conference with this hanging over UND.

When He!! freezes over.

Correct!

But then history is re-written by the liberals College Professors and extreme left wing wackos, made politically correct and taught as fact at grade schools, junior highs, high schools and Universities all over the country. :huh:

I changed it a little.

Hey Goon you forgot & the devil goes ice skating.

I though you would like that bit. GO GATORS CHOMP ON SOME BUCKEYES.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

LOL, that is funny. You know what I kind of like the name Devils for a team name. We could be the NJ Devils of the West. Some have likened life here on the Prairie as being hell.

But I digress, then when the Looney Left Wing Professors, Myles Brand, social eliets (like my old professors at UND) are zinging UND with their propaganda it would be much of a stretch to call us the anti christ. They pretty much already say we sold our sole for an arena.