SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney news, thoughts, articles

AZSIOUX

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For people with Dish Network, you'll be able to watch USA vs Germany on 12/26 at 8:00 a.m. on channel 541.

Canada vs the USA will be on at noon on 12/27 on the same channel.

USA vs Slovakia will be on at 10:00a.m. on 12/30.

That's all that's listed so far on the Dish Network guide. Someone with Direct TV will have to supply that information.

As far as I know, these games are only available for those in the U.S. who have NHL Center Ice.

ISS PREVIEW PLAYERS TO WATCH WJT

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=9328

Jonathan Toews, C -- Canada

An incredible talent, Toews will be relied on heavily for his ability to contribute offensively and play in key situations. He is a strong skater blessed with incredible skill and gifted with brilliant on-ice vision. He has one of the highest hockey IQs in his age group. He has the ability to make the players around him better. It should be a given that he sees significant power play time as well as kill penalties. He leads by example and could wear a letter in order to utilize his leadership skills. Chicago's 1st round pick, 3rd overall in 2006.

This is so lame how every year we don't get shet for coverage. Yeah NHL center ice..Yeah cause WE ALL have that... :lol: I wonder what other way or what games will be available on other channels later on? Is Tsn on the satelite also? or is it only picked up in canada? Looks like Ill be at alot of restaurants this week watchin hockey :blush: If thats even an option.....sheesh

TSN not on Dish Network. Wish it was. Last year, I don't recall any games being televised on any channels outside of NHL Center Ice. That's half the reason I buy the package every year!!! :lol:

The NHL Center Ice Package is probably the best "extra" you can buy for your digital cable or dish IMO. With the lack of coverage overall of NHL hockey on TV, this package is amazing in that you get to watch a lot of teams that we wouldn't get to see at all. And with the World Jrs. on their pretty much every year, it's an added bonus and you don't have to lose additional NHL games because of the time difference of where the World Jrs. are held. And if you buy the NHL Center Ice package early enough, it's something like $125 or so. Best investment I ever made, TV-Wise.

The NHL Center Ice Package is probably the best "extra" you can buy for your digital cable or dish IMO. With the lack of coverage overall of NHL hockey on TV, this package is amazing in that you get to watch a lot of teams that we wouldn't get to see at all. And with the World Jrs. on their pretty much every year, it's an added bonus and you don't have to lose additional NHL games because of the time difference of where the World Jrs. are held. And if you buy the NHL Center Ice package early enough, it's something like $125 or so. Best investment I ever made, TV-Wise.

Only downfall.....it keeps me up too late some nights!!! :blush:

TVU feed is rather spotty for me. :huh:

Lots of problems with the feed.

Also, whomever is producing this webfeed isn't doing a very good job. Sounds of the ice is drowning out people commentating. I mean, they have mics right at their lips. Shouldn't we be able to hear them over the hockey game?