SiouxSports.com Forum

Joe Finley

bubble874

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie showed leadership he stopped Joe from pounding the crap out of one of

the Badgers who was just a little to close to P.L.

I still think Joe is learning. If I remember there was another like Joe.

Let me see red hair plays for Carolina oh what was his name. :)

I still have no idea why Hack doesn't park Joe in front of the goalie when we are on the

power play. ;) The guy is a truck! :blush:

Take a page from the SJ Sharks on the power play. Nothing but forwards!!

I say four forwards and Big Joe!! :(

So true. All the "he sucks" comments and BS about these guys not having the talent to play are laughable. Being frustrated on how the season is going is understandable, personally ripping players is bush league.

However, as a perk to all you die hard program supporters, I have set up a meet and greet with big Joe where you can all personally tell him how you feel, face to face. I booked a small room as I don't expect many attendees. :blush:

You're right. I would be really scared of the way he just stares down people that he is mad at. I mean the guy has been in zero real fights since coming to UND so for all we know, he could be a total wussy.

Actually, all I would have to do is dress up in a Badger uniform. That way I wouldn't have to worry about him hitting me.

I can't believe how some of the bootlickers in here protect Finley. Who cares how big the guy is? Is that all you see? He isn't playing well at all and hasn't all season. People aren't making this stuff up. Is your Finley jersey blocking your view of the game?

Bootlickers? Now your calling other members names because they don't agree with you? We're all entitled to our own opinions and because we're all sports fans we're not always or even most of the time going to agree. No need to jump down our throats because you don't like what we have to say about our hockey team/players.

Now, go grab yourself a beer and watch todays Pack's highlights. They were finally able to pull one out of their a$$ and win a game!! :blush:

Bootlickers? Now your calling other members names because they don't agree with you? We're all entitled to our own opinions and because we're all sports fans we're not always or even most of the time going to agree. No need to jump down our throats because you don't like what we have to say about our hockey team/players.

Now, go grab yourself a beer and watch todays Pack's highlights. They were finally able to pull one out of their a$$ and win a game!! :blush:

I guess I'm not seeing the correlation with the Packers. I realize they suck. I can rattle off several crappy Packer players if you like. Will I have to meet them in a room and tell them face to face that I think they suck?

I guess I'm not seeing the correlation with the Packers. I realize they suck. I can rattle off several crappy Packer players if you like. Will I have to meet them in a room and tell them face to face that I think they suck?

No correlation. I just wanted you to enjoy one of your teams winning this week end. I'm a born and bred Bears' fan. Until I moved to ND, the Pack was my most hated team (great rivalry). But since moving to ND, I will cheer for the Pack before I will cheer for the ViQueens. Not that cheer for the Pack often. ;)

I said nothing about meeting anyone in a room either. :(

I just think that you can vent about whoever you want without calling fellow members names, like

'bootlickers'. Leave that to the trolls. :blush:

You're right. I would be really scared of the way he just stares down people that he is mad at. I mean the guy has been in zero real fights since coming to UND so for all we know, he could be a total wussy.

Actually, all I would have to do is dress up in a Badger uniform. That way I wouldn't have to worry about him hitting me.

Gulp I hate to sound like PCM, :blush: What good would a fight have done?

Now before you type, how many D are taking off to the WJR's? :)

IMHO, I really didn't think Joe played very bad.

A player who IMHO did have a bad game was Taylor he just wasn't

on his game. ;)

No correlation. I just wanted you to enjoy one of your teams winning this week end. I'm a born and bred Bears' fan. Until I moved to ND, the Pack was my most hated team (great rivalry). But since moving to ND, I will cheer for the Pack before I will cheer for the ViQueens. Not that cheer for the Pack often. ;)

I said nothing about meeting anyone in a room either. :(

I just think that you can vent about whoever you want without calling fellow members names, like

'bootlickers'. Leave that to the trolls. :blush:

I've been a Packer fan since birth it seems. My family is all from Wisconsin and Dad was a huge Packer fan. Most people think Packer fans hate the Bears. Not me. I respect their blue-collar approach and tough football teams. Like you, I can't stand the Vikes. But that's a different topic for a football message board.

The bootlicker comment was a bit harsh. I realized that and changed it before you responded to the post. Here is my problem with Finley. I can point out several reasons why I don't think he is a good player. He doesn't hit anybody. He doesn't clear the puck. He stands around watching (See UW's winning goal last night). He doesn't clear out front of the net. He struggles clearing the puck out of the zone.

Most Finley supporters, formally known as bootlickers, talk about how big he is. I counter that with, "Who gives a flying ($&@?? Size is certainly an advantage, if you use it. Finley doesn't. What does Finley do that makes people support him, other than the jersey he wears?

So true. All the "he sucks" comments and BS about these guys not having the talent to play are laughable. Being frustrated on how the season is going is understandable, personally ripping players is bush league.

However, as a perk to all you die hard program supporters, I have set up a meet and greet with big Joe where you can all personally tell him how you feel, face to face. I booked a small room as I don't expect many attendees. :blush:

You have to be completely biased if you think Joe Finley is good. The difference is Finley has sucked ever since he laced up his skates last year. I'm not saying he won't get better, but lets get realistic, so far in his college career he hasn't been very good.

The bootlicker comment was a bit harsh. I realized that and changed it before you responded to the post. Here is my problem with Finley. I can point out several reasons why I don't think he is a good player. He doesn't hit anybody. He doesn't clear the puck. He stands around watching

:blush:

Sure glad Joe was the only player on the ice and that it's all his fault for the loss. ;)

Sure glad Joe was the only player on the ice and that it's all his fault for the loss. ;)

You're kidding me, right? Finley was standing around in front of net with his head up his arse while Ross Carlson got the puck and blasted it in the back of the net for the game winning goal.

Tell me something, anything, good that Finley does.

You have to be completely biased if you think Joe Finley is good. The difference is Finley has sucked ever since he laced up his skates last year. I'm not saying he won't get better, but lets get realistic, so far in his college career he hasn't been very good.

Sorry just not seeing it that way.

Here is my problem with Finley. I can point out several reasons why I don't think he is a good player. He doesn't hit anybody. He doesn't clear the puck. He stands around watching (See UW's winning goal last night). He doesn't clear out front of the net. He struggles clearing the puck out of the zone.

Most Finley supporters, formally known as bootlickers, talk about how big he is. I counter that with, "Who gives a flying ($&@?? Size is certainly an advantage, if you use it. Finley doesn't. What does Finley do that makes people support him, other than the jersey he wears?

I agree in most part with your assessment. I think Joe has to get mean! He has to use his size to his advantage, make people step aside when they see him coming. Since he's been with the Sioux, I wonder if his mindset needs readjusting.

I have a 'big' kid who played hockey for 13 years in school and is still playing hockey. Everytime he touched a guy, the guy went flying. I have an old film when he pushed, not checked, a guy off the puck and the kid slid down the ice about 20 feet. I think they were ten or eleven yrs old at the time. Even though his moves were usually clean hits/nudges/checks/pushes, 9/10 times my kid was sent to the box. Could be this is what Joe went through? He needs to get over that and start hurting people.

There have been a lot of defensemen that have come into our program that struggled at first and then 'blossomed'. I hope Joe blossoms soon!!! If not, he should sit.

Now, go grab yourself a beer and watch todays Pack's highlights. They were finally able to pull one out of their a$$ and win a game!! ;)

YEAH! Against MY team :blush:

I say cut him some slack. I recall that Smaby was still having his problems his first season and a half and fans were making these types of posts about him. I admit that I was even beginning to have my doubts then despite the deflection that went off him at the FF two years ago Smaby was pretty solid in the Sioux's playoff run that year and last year. The big ones always take longer to adjust.

How many fights did Matt Greene get into while he was wearing the green and white?

None. That's right. He didn't drop the gloves once. Yet for some reason, opposing teams were still scared of him. Hmmmm.

How many fights did Matt Greene get into while he was wearing the green and white?

None. That's right. He didn't drop the gloves once. Yet for some reason, opposing teams were still scared of him. Hmmmm.

Actually Matt Greene is an imposing figure in street cloths, not small if you get my drift.

At the same point in their careers, I would take where Matt Greene was at versus where Joe Finley is at now. You may be right about the fights, or lack of fights, but Matt Greene would take a guys head off if he came across the blue line with his head down. Sure he would take the occasional elbow penalty because of it, but it was intimidating. Finley doesn't seem to have this same fire. Being 6'7" and 250, this is what he MUST do since he obviously is not out there for his offense. UND already has enough Dmen that stand around in front of Lamourex playing patty cake with opposing forwards. Knock those opposing forwards on their butts Finley!

I'm not gonna sit here and try to defend Joe Finley simply for the fact that I will get blasted...But he's a lot better than anyone on this board thinks. I'm not saying he's a stud or a great player, but I see a lot of glimpses of potential coming from the guy. In Friday's game, did anyone see the hit he put on Skille right around center ice near the penalty box? It was a great open-ice hit and Skille was very slow to get up. Joe came all the way from across the ice and lined him up. A great play IMO. Now, once he starts doing that on a regular basis, players will get the hint more and more often.

I know everyone tends to focus on the negatives after dealing with a loss or losses, but watch him an entire game. He does a lot of the little things right IMO. A lot of those things go un-noticed. All anyone remembers is the mistakes and rightfully so, but take a look and watch him once in a while. Your opinion will change of him.

Lay off of him.

the DIFFERENCE is...this isn't the PRO'S and you don't kick a guy to the curb because he's underperforming while you stuff your face with Doritos watching the game on TV!

He made a decision to come to UND...he's part of our TEAM! You can't "fire" him so you have to live with him...maybe giving him a little encouragement would go farther than the "BURN HIM AT THE STAKE" arguement a lot of posters* seem to have! :blush:

(* - posters whose only experience with DI college hockey is trying to stay upright in the line outside the Ralph!)

I just have one question for the finley supporters out there. What is one thing that joe finley does right or good in a game? Because I have not seen one positive thing from him. And I notice the little things like not getting the puck out of the zone, or not making the first pass out of the zone. I haven't seen one little thing that he has done to be good.

the DIFFERENCE is...this isn't the PRO'S and you don't kick a guy to the curb because he's underperforming while you stuff your face with Doritos watching the game on TV!

He made a decision to come to UND...he's part of our TEAM! You can't "fire" him so you have to live with him...maybe giving him a little encouragement would go farther than the "BURN HIM AT THE STAKE" arguement a lot of posters* seem to have! :blush:

(* - posters whose only experience with DI college hockey is trying to stay upright in the line outside the Ralph!)

Actually, guys like Pat O'Leary and Marc Ranfranz would argue with you about guys never getting kicked to the curb in D1 college hockey. Others leave UND on their own when they realize that somewhere else may be better for them (Alexander, Possein, Yurecko, Byuglein, etc). Maybe Finley would do better in a different situation where he could better utilize his size, like joining a basketball team. (..........drum rim shot in background)