SiouxSports.com Forum

Lee

sprig

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked him when he was going to bulk up and hit someone... :lol:;):0

Question #2: Are the Senators happy with his progression, or lack there of it, as a number 6 overall pick. Lee is a good college player but has done nothing so far to indicate that he was worthy of that pick. Obviously things can change but I can't imagine him getting a chance to leave after this year.

Question #2: Are the Senators happy with his progression, or lack there of it, as a number 6 overall pick. Lee is a good college player but has done nothing so far to indicate that he was worthy of that pick. Obviously things can change but I can't imagine him getting a chance to leave after this year.

He was drafted with the 9th pick in 05, not the 6th. :lol:

My bad, although I still ask the question, happy with him as a 9th pick?

Yup, even though I thought he was taken a little too high (I thought he'd go 13-15th overall), but if Ottawa sees good in him, then so be it.

But, I'm not worried right now as to what Ottawa sees in him. I want him to do well here. IF that means Lee stays for 3 years, GREAT! We'll have to see how the rest of the season plays out before I talk about him being a bust.

Yup, even though I thought he was taken a little too high (I thought he'd go 13-15th overall), but if Ottawa sees good in him, then so be it.

Can you explain to me your credentials in making such a statement? Were you flying all over the country, watching players, talking with coaches, other scouts, evaluating the talent?

Can you explain to me your credentials in making such a statement? Were you flying all over the country, watching players, talking with coaches, other scouts, evaluating the talent?

Have to agree with Eskimo - The vast hockey knowledge on this board is amazing!! Lee has progressed quite nicely since last year and I would almost expect him to be gone at the end of this year. He is not Greener or Commey. I would compare Lee with Goligoski or Carle.

Have to agree with Eskimo - The vast hockey knowledge on this board is amazing!! Lee has progressed quite nicely since last year and I would almost expect him to be gone at the end of this year. He is not Greener or Commey. I would compare Lee with Goligoski or Carle.

dunno about where goligoski is nowadays, but Carle is doing magnificently in San Jose. he is definitely the high caliber they needed. putting lee up there with carle at the moment is still a little out of reach i'd say. but eventually. he just has to keep at it. remember: Carle won the HB last year....lee is definitely no candidate for it this year.

I still think Lee needs a lot of work to be ready for the NHL. He has had a decent year so far, nothing spectacular.

Lee still needs work and time to develop his game, but he is going to be a very solid player at the next level and the Senators saw that in him.

When a team drafts a guy 9th overall, they need him to be a standout, not just a solid player. Lee has a long way to go before he should be mentioned in the same breath as Matt Carle. It may possibly happen in the future, but not right now.

On the other hand, I think that the Oilers got a steal getting Chorney with the 36th overall pick. If I could only pick one of the current Sioux Dmen to come back next year it would be Chorney. The guy is just solid and he doesn't seem prone to turnovers and indecision like Finley or Lee.

If these really are serious questions ... why didn't you pose them directly to Lee? It is easy to throw them out here on the boards anonymously. I think Ottowa knows what they are doing and they see a lot of potential in him.

This wasn't serious was it? How is argueably the 5th or 6th best defenseman (behind Chorney, Jones, Radke, Bina, Genoway) on the Sioux in anyway comparable to Matt Carle a proven NHL player? Lee isn't even close to either of those players you named skill wise and it isn't like he makes great decisions. I guess I would just like an interpretation.

And what has lead you to believe he has progressed quite nicely? He will not be gone next year, and if he is he will have a long stint in the AHL.

When a team drafts a guy 9th overall, they need him to be a standout, not just a solid player. Lee has a long way to go before he should be mentioned in the same breath as Matt Carle. It may possibly happen in the future, but not right now.

On the other hand, I think that the Oilers got a steal getting Chorney with the 36th overall pick. If I could only pick one of the current Sioux Dmen to come back next year it would be Chorney. The guy is just solid and he doesn't seem prone to turnovers and indecision like Finley or Lee.

Finally, #9 picks are supposed to become stars in the nhl. Take 2002 #9 pick Defenseman Dion Phenouf, already a star in the NHL. Take last years #8 pick Peter Muehler, averaging 2 points a game in the WHL this year.

Finally, #9 picks are supposed to become stars in the nhl. Take 2002 #9 pick Defenseman Dion Phenouf, already a star in the NHL. Take last years #8 pick Peter Muehler, averaging 2 points a game in the WHL this year.

Your point is that #9 picks are supposed to become NHL stars, and as one of your examples you choose a guy who hasn't played in the NHL yet.

As for where Lee ranks in the list of current UND defensemen, thanks for the chuckle.

This wasn't serious was it? How is argueably the 5th or 6th best defenseman (behind Chorney, Jones, Radke, Bina, Genoway) on the Sioux in anyway comparable to Matt Carle a proven NHL player? Lee isn't even close to either of those players you named skill wise and it isn't like he makes great decisions. I guess I would just like an interpretation.

And what has lead you to believe he has progressed quite nicely? He will not be gone next year, and if he is he will have a long stint in the AHL.

Wow! I get to finally agree with lives-to-play....... :lol: I think the first few games this year it looked as if Lees game was 70% better but the past few series, I, myself, have seen basically a flatline(pursay)or decline in his game. Althought he will have his strong points from game to game, but then again, everyone does! In my opinion, he should stay and play at UND next year. Unless he very much hates trying to keep up grades and all that, I would see him doing so. But the talent is there!

Lee is easily the most skilled offensive d-man on the Sioux. He makes the best outlet passes and is solid on his feet. I am sure the coaches have tried to get him to bring the puck up more, which is going to cause more turnovers and cause him to be out of position at times.

Lee and Chorney stand out as the best two defensemen on the team. Both will likely play in the NHL.

If we were winning consistently and everything was going smooth, you wouldn't hear any rumblings about this stuff. It's unfair pointing a finger at Brian like this. He's not the only player on the team, there are six guys on the ice at any one time, the blame for this mess needs to be shared as far as I'm concerned. Someone lock this thread please.

If we were winning consistently and everything was going smooth, you wouldn't hear any rumblings about this stuff. It's unfair pointing a finger at Brian like this. He's not the only player on the team, there are six guys on the ice at any one time, the blame for this mess needs to be shared as far as I'm concerned. Someone lock this thread please.

note to self. Its a thread. Not the declaration of independence. For one. And most people who watch hockey can figure out when someone doesn't fill some aspect of hockey, win or lose, in an individual player. Im not saying lee sucks, obviously cause he'd be elsewhere, and yes hes not pro, so he will make mistakes. People, and I, are commenting on his play and his route to the NHL. Note, hes a defensemen and in 'my opionion' he should hit. Something he does not do. Sort of like finley but thats another topic as posted plenty of times. If Lee was on offense then I'd probably say/think differently.

Your point is that #9 picks are supposed to become NHL stars, and as one of your examples you choose a guy who hasn't played in the NHL yet.

As for where Lee ranks in the list of current UND defensemen, thanks for the chuckle.

You forget Lee and Finley are on his "disrespect list." I'm not sure being second on the team in points really makes Lee worth a damn to him.

He leads the team in assists as well, so he's quite poor at decision making as well. :lol:

You forget Lee and Finley are on his "disrespect list." I'm not sure being second on the team in points really makes Lee worth a damn to him.

He leads the team in assists as well, so he's quite poor at decision making as well. :lol:

Dmen are supposed to take care of the defensive side of the house first and foremost, any offense is a bonus. It doesn't matter if you average one or two points a game if your turnovers/misplays lead to one or two goals going into your own net.

note to self. Its a thread. Not the declaration of independence. For one. And most people who watch hockey can figure out when someone doesn't fill some aspect of hockey, win or lose, in an individual player. Im not saying lee sucks, obviously cause he'd be elsewhere, and yes hes not pro, so he will make mistakes. People, and I, are commenting on his play and his route to the NHL. Note, hes a defensemen and in 'my opionion' he should hit. Something he does not do. Sort of like finley but thats another topic as posted plenty of times. If Lee was on offense then I'd probably say/think differently.

Sorry folks, but this a classic example of people that have no clue. How long have you been watching Brian? Some on here have followed his career for a few years. If you had paid attention you would know what type of player he was. Commie, Greene, Smaby, and many others I'm sure I have omitted gave fans fits for the better part of two seasons. Those guys weren't really dominant until their third year. So, in the nicest, most respectful way that I can, I say you have no clue.