SiouxSports.com Forum

Not Sioux but still

siouxforeverbaby

here is a link I found on uscho.com about the Boston University team.

Makes you wonder what happened for this to happen.

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,13252/BUPlaye...ltercation.html

OMG!! What kind of animals would do something like that? Regardless of what happened before the attack, it was over when they all left. To come back armed as they were is premeditation and they belong in jail for a long time.

OMG!! What kind of animals would do something like that? Regardless of what happened before the attack, it was over when they all left. To come back armed as they were is premeditation and they belong in jail for a long time.

I'm not implying anything, but I'm just sayin'...I don't recall an incident like this before Phil Kessel got to Boston...hmnnnn...

I'm not implying anything, but I'm just sayin'...I don't recall an incident like this before Phil Kessel got to Boston...hmnnnn...

I'll play. phil who? The same guy from minny last year who still won't go into the corners and glides through the neutral zone? There, everybody happy? Lord knows I don't want to dissapoint.

Did I get this wrong? Was there a "party" involved? Despite the injuries, if I were Parker, I would be chewing some of my athletes a new one for even being close to the situation. No, I'm not saying any punishment should necessarily be meted out, but just because a person isn't doing anything wrong doesn't mean that bad things don't happen in these situations. And college parties are just ripe with the prospect of trouble. Whether it be this instance, Mn players in a bar, or ZPar in the bar, wouldn't you think there are enough examples out there for college athletes to realize that it's better to lay low and keep your nose clean?

Ok, back to the topic of the thread. I believe it was outside a bar that this happened. I couldn't exactly figure it out from the article. As for Phil's lower body injury, I highly doubt that, unless it is different from the one before the season when his eye happened. If he and Hak say lower leg, then I believe them. He is back and whatever happened is his own business.

I will look around and see what I can find about th BU incident further.

Ok, back to the topic of the thread. I believe it was outside a bar that this happened. I couldn't exactly figure it out from the article. As for Phil's lower body injury, I highly doubt that, unless it is different from the one before the season when his eye happened. If he and Hak say lower leg, then I believe them. He is back and whatever happened is his own business.

You're just trying to ruin a perfectly good thread that has been ruined by us bashing phil, I hope you are happy getting back to the topic of the thread. :lol::0

THETRIOUXPER- yes, I am very happy getting back to the topic of the thread, though if you want I will start a thread with Kessel news, so that you can bash him if you would like. :lol:

As promised here is some more links on the BU attack.

From the Daily Free Press, the student newspaper.

http://media.www.dailyfreepress.com/media/...gepublisher.com

From the Boston Herald.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional...rticleid=170515

and that is all i could find. If any of you have accounts with the Boston Globe online, they have an article on it as well. Oh yeah, and I was wrong before, it was outside of some apartments. My bad.

THETRIOUXPER- yes, I am very happy getting back to the topic of the thread, though if you want I will start a thread with Kessel news, so that you can bash him if you would like. :0

As promised here is some more links on the BU attack.

From the Daily Free Press, the student newspaper.

http://media.www.dailyfreepress.com/media/...gepublisher.com

From the Boston Herald.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional...rticleid=170515

and that is all i could find. If any of you have accounts with the Boston Globe online, they have an article on it as well. Oh yeah, and I was wrong before, it was outside of some apartments. My bad.

Thank you for that unselfish act of kindness (starting my very own kessel bashing thread, that is.) I'm going to send you tickets and an official t-shirt from my "Feel the Love Tour" 06-07. :lol:

Did I get this wrong? Was there a "party" involved? Despite the injuries, if I were Parker, I would be chewing some of my athletes a new one for even being close to the situation. No, I'm not saying any punishment should necessarily be meted out, but just because a person isn't doing anything wrong doesn't mean that bad things don't happen in these situations. And college parties are just ripe with the prospect of trouble. Whether it be this instance, Mn players in a bar, or ZPar in the bar, wouldn't you think there are enough examples out there for college athletes to realize that it's better to lay low and keep your nose clean?

OK, so what you're saying is college athletes should not go to parties? Yeah ... like that's going to happen! Try realism here. College is for young people, expanding their minds and horizons. They're going to go to parties. I want everyone here who did not party in college ... to go back and do it right this time!

Coach / Recruit conversation:

Stay out of situations that are obviously frought with bad vibes ... Yes, coach. Always go in a group, not alone ... Yes, coach. Leave if things get dicey ... Yes, coach. Use good judgment ... I'll try, coach. Don't go to any parties ... Uh, sure coach.

Oh ... and coach, what's the fastest way to Minneapolis, got an offer there, too!

OK, so what you're saying is college athletes should not go to parties? Yeah ... like that's going to happen! Try realism here. College is for young people, expanding their minds and horizons. They're going to go to parties. I want everyone here who did not party in college ... to go back and do it right this time!

Coach / Recruit conversation:

Stay out of situations that are obviously frought with bad vibes ... Yes, coach. Always go in a group, not alone ... Yes, coach. Leave if things get dicey ... Yes, coach. Use good judgment ... I'll try, coach. Don't go to any parties ... Uh, sure coach.

Oh ... and coach, what's the fastest way to Minneapolis, got an offer there, too!

BleedGrn-

You've got to be kidding me. D1 hockey players not going to a bar or party. After all these years I don't think Parker is too shocked that his seniors were out getting a bump or two, or three...

Have you ever been out with any of the hockey players on a Saturday after the game. Let's just say up in Duluth in the mid 90's there was a little steam being let off by the boys. I'm sure the UND players are locked in their dorms/houses drinking a O'Douls and playing yahtzee on a saturday night. :lol:

Miami football player murdered outside his apartment = typical renegade Hurricanes.

BU hockey players injured outside bar = find the culprits and bring them to justice.

Hmnnnn...

I'm a BU student, but definetly not a troll, so take my word on this . . .

They were not at a bar, they were at a house in a residential area popular with students just off of campus. In fact they were only a couple of blocks from Walter Brown Arena . . . although there may have been a fight previously, the four people attacked had nothing to do with it . . . they were attacked out of retaliation for an incident they were not involved in; they just happened to be there when the assailants returned with weapons. They broke no laws whether set forth by the state, city, university, or athletic department, and yes they deserve justice.

On a brighter note, I will be at the Devs - B's game on Saturday, and should be able to post some pictures of Parise, Zajac, and Hale for anyone interested, in the former players thread.

My kids at UND said Phil did get in a fight over a girl, but that was how he got the black eye. His eye is a long ways from his ankle, so I doubt they were related in any way. This is rumor, of course. :lol: