SiouxSports.com Forum

Not Sioux but still

siouxforeverbaby

My kids at UND said Phil did get in a fight over a girl, but that was how he got the black eye. His eye is a long ways from his ankle, so I doubt they were related in any way. This is rumor, of course. :0

Depends how badly he was beaten... ;)

Isn't rumor mongering fun? :lol:

BleedGrn-

You've got to be kidding me. D1 hockey players not going to a bar or party. After all these years I don't think Parker is too shocked that his seniors were out getting a bump or two, or three...

Have you ever been out with any of the hockey players on a Saturday after the game. Let's just say up in Duluth in the mid 90's there was a little steam being let off by the boys. I'm sure the UND players are locked in their dorms/houses drinking a O'Douls and playing yahtzee on a saturday night. :lol:

I'm not saying that they aren't going to drink and have a good time and party, etc., but if they are making bad judgement about the situations they are in off the ice, how do you expect them to make good decisions on the ice? All I'm talking about is a good butt-chewing...victims or not, they have to accept a little responsibility for what happens in these cases. There's a legal term for this that I can't think of right now...

Anyway, being a coach, I'd be quite ticked when a player's actions off the ice take him away from playing...

I'm a BU student, but definetly not a troll, so take my word on this . . .

They were not at a bar, they were at a house in a residential area popular with students just off of campus. In fact they were only a couple of blocks from Walter Brown Arena . . . although there may have been a fight previously, the four people attacked had nothing to do with it . . . they were attacked out of retaliation for an incident they were not involved in; they just happened to be there when the assailants returned with weapons. They broke no laws whether set forth by the state, city, university, or athletic department, and yes they deserve justice.

On a brighter note, I will be at the Devs - B's game on Saturday, and should be able to post some pictures of Parise, Zajac, and Hale for anyone interested, in the former players thread.

That would be awesome if you got pictures for our former players thread. And welcome, it is always nice to hear from other college hockey fans.

Any word on how the players are doing? How long are they all out for?

That would be awesome if you got pictures for our former players thread. And welcome, it is always nice to hear from other college hockey fans.

USCHO article I thought s aid that Schaeffer will miss considerable time but Curry's injuries won't make him miss any time at all. The other two, I don't know/remember.

On a brighter note, I will be at the Devs - B's game on Saturday, and should be able to post some pictures of Parise, Zajac, and Hale for anyone interested, in the former players thread.

Are you kidding!!!! Of course we're interested! Thanks in advance.

I hope your players have a full recovery and the attackers are convicted of assault and battery which is the crime they committed.

I talked with Curry today after practice. He was in full gear and took part. His face is much improved on what it looked just prior, but he doesn't know if he'll play Friday. I didn't keep him long since I had to go to a basketball game, but he was in good spirits.

Schaeffer's eye is still swollen shut, so he still doesn't know if he'll need surgery yet. Sullivan I haven't seen, but our backup goalie's face is a little messed up as well. I wouldn't bet on any of the players involved playing on Friday, but I suppose we'll see . . . we're planning a nice little quasi "we're glad you're not dead" ceremony for them.

And welcome, it is always nice to hear from other college hockey fans.

Well, technically I was a Sioux fan first, but sorry guys, now you come in a close 2nd. . . this is a great board though, I've been reading it for about four years, wish BU had an active one like it . . .

This is an absolute horrible story, the violence against these BU players is not good. So the players went to a party, it was after the weekend's games were over with; the players who were involved all are of age to drink. Coach Parker allows them to drink if they are of age, and it's allowed on Saturday nights. No players broke any team or legal laws, and they get beaten to a pulp. God-awfully wrong, and I want to see these thngs brought to justice.

Hope all the guys (and girl) heal well.

I can sympathize with Schaeffer. When I was in jr high, I was on 1st base and got hit with a line drive. Knocked out, broken orbit, eyes swollen shut for 2 weeks, un-stoppable bloddy nose. I was in the hospital for 1 week. Not fun, but I healed up.

Hope all of those that are involved, are brought to justice.