SiouxSports.com Forum

Dartmouth v Fighting Sioux

stickboy1956

In case you missed all this ...

1. UCHO Board - Dartmouth AD apologizes for hosting the sioux

(read it from the beginning)

2. UND's Response

I was on the fence of driving going to Dartmouth to see the tournament or stay here in Ottawa and watch Blake play against the Senators. This makes my decision easy, an ignorant school like Dartmouth will not be getting any of my money.

I was on the fence of driving going to Dartmouth to see the tournament or stay here in Ottawa and watch Blake play against the Senators. This makes my decision easy, an ignorant school like Dartmouth will not be getting any of my money.

Maybe you should let them know it! By email...exactly why! (and it wouldn't hurt to tell them "and I'll tell my friends to do the same!") Let us know what you get for a reply...

I, on the other hand, wanted to go up there and wear my Sioux jersey EVERYWHERE!!!

When we went to AK, I took a few extra Sioux jerseys with me. My son's girlfriend is going to grad school in Palmer and several of her friends came to the Friday game and wore the jerseys. I could do that in Dartmouth. BUT, I too don't want them getting my money.

Is there any concern that while the Sioux are there playing that there may be some negative acts visited upon the team? I wonder if the team is going to bring extra security, I hope that Dartmouth students show some respect to the individuals on the team.

President Kupchella addressed that issue in the letter that he wrote to Dartmouth's president. Personally, I wouldn't put it past the Dartmouth people- they seem like a A-1 class act already. :D

Is there any concern that while the Sioux are there playing that there may be some negative acts visited upon the team? I wonder if the team is going to bring extra security, I hope that Dartmouth students show some respect to the individuals on the team.

More than likely, given its timeframe, most of the Dartmouth student body will be skiing at Stowe or Vail, or spending trust fund money in Palm Springs. Besides, beating the shiat out of spoiled Ivy-leaguers might be a good warmup for the games. :D:)

I, on the other hand, wanted to go up there and wear my Sioux jersey EVERYWHERE!!!

When we went to AK, I took a few extra Sioux jerseys with me. My son's girlfriend is going to grad school in Palmer and several of her friends came to the Friday game and wore the jerseys. I could do that in Dartmouth. BUT, I too don't want them getting my money.

So the consensuses is F

is this strange that we are now calling the governor? I mean... anyone that is a major activist or protestor against the nickname is told to find better things to do, fight other fights... but while the Hoeven is trying to work, they are calling him to make statements about a nickname?

I dunno. It just isn't making sense at this moment. For me, Hoeven has a lot more to deal with on his plate than discussing the nickname.

is this strange that we are now calling the governor? I mean... anyone that is a major activist or protestor against the nickname is told to find better things to do, fight other fights... but while the Hoeven is trying to work, they are calling him to make statements about a nickname?

I dunno. It just isn't making sense at this moment. For me, Hoeven has a lot more to deal with on his plate than discussing the nickname.

He is involved because he is a Dartmouth Alum......apparently someone cares how he feels. I for one, don't. I voted for the girl. :lol:

Posted on US College Hockey Online:

COMMENTARY: Empty Cry Of Racism From The Big Green

About three weeks ago, Dartmouth director of athletics Josie Harper took time out of her busy schedule to do something utterly pointless and without consequence. On Nov. 21st, The Dartmouth published a letter from Harper in which she apologized for scheduling a men's hockey game against the University of North Dakota on December 29th.

The reason? North Dakota's team name: The Fighting Sioux.

The actions of Harper are nothing more than empty grandstanding, completely without weight or meaning. In a world growing more insufferably politically correct by the day, Harper decided to publicly insult another university, not in an attempt to affect any real change, but in an effort to boost her own reputation and standing. In her remarks, Harper conveys a simple message: She is not racist, but the people at UND are, and she should be commended for pointing that out.

• 3 months later...

IT SEEMS THAT THOSE BOZO'S FROM DARTMOUTH HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO IF YOU ASK ME. THEY NEED TO GET OUT MORE & BETTER YET THEY NEED TO GET A LIFE. FROM THE GATORNATION GO SIOUX IN THE FROZEN FOUR CHOMP ON B.C. WHILE I'M AT IT GO GATORS CHOMP ON UCLA.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.