SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs USA U18

AZSIOUX

nodak.gifVSusahockey_logo.jpg

i know we have cichy and kristo on the U17 team, without doing much research are there any future WCHA players on this team the sioux are playing. im assuming so....

MY THOUGHTS............stay HEALTHY and maybe walski gets a period of action :ohmy:

http://www.usahockey.com/ntdp/18u/main/060...7_u18_schedule/

they have beaten michigan state, alaska fairbanks, lost in ot to michigan and boston college, lost to uaa and new hampshire....something tells me these kids can play :silly:

http://www.usahockey.com/ntdp/18u/main/060..._ntdp_u18rost//

i think that the u18 team is somewhat cleaned up...in terms of good recruits. plus, UND appears to be full for 07 now. it would be wise for UND to keep cleaning the u17 team out though :silly: , since they are really going to need a number of 09 recruits(like 8-10 probably).

You know, I don't really care if UND wins this game or not. I want them to win, but it really doesn't matter if we win or lose. So here's what I think:

Grieco starts and plays periods 1 and 2. Walski plays period 3.

I think this is the game to test out our roster sans Toews, Lee, and Chorney. I'd try to get playing time for Foyt, Martens, Bishop, Forney, and Genoway (at D). Ok, more than likely this isn't going to be happening, but I think this is a GREAT opportunity to flesh out what this team is going to look like without Toews, Lee, and Chorney while still facing a decent opponent.

Truth be told, I think the U-18 team could beat most CIS teams (U Alberta may be the exception).

There are no stakes in this game. Might as well make some experimental moves during it.

while i was looking at the CSB site, i noticed that cj severyn is an uncommitted A list player...but i dont know if he would want to wait for 08 to come here(which would be the likely case). i also dont know if UND is even in the running for him either...just thought i would throw that out there.

You know, I don't really care if UND wins this game or not. I want them to win, but it really doesn't matter if we win or lose. So here's what I think:

Grieco starts and plays periods 1 and 2. Walski plays period 3.

I think this is the game to test out our roster sans Toews, Lee, and Chorney. I'd try to get playing time for Foyt, Martens, Bishop, Forney, and Genoway (at D). Ok, more than likely this isn't going to be happening, but I think this is a GREAT opportunity to flesh out what this team is going to look like without Toews, Lee, and Chorney while still facing a decent opponent.

Truth be told, I think the U-18 team could beat most CIS teams (U Alberta may be the exception).

There are no stakes in this game. Might as well make some experimental moves during it.

Actually, I was thinking more the other way. Hak has been tinkering with lines, and they need some quality time together to get on the same page. Would be a good opportunity to do that, although you do have to question whether the U-18 group will be up to providing an adequate challenge to determine much. But the lines do need to develop some familiarity with each other. Also might have to play Lammy one period to keep the rust off.

Actually, I was thinking more the other way. Hak has been tinkering with lines, and they need some quality time together to get on the same page. Would be a good opportunity to do that, although you do have to question whether the U-18 group will be up to providing an adequate challenge to determine much. But the lines do need to develop some familiarity with each other. Also might have to play Lammy one period to keep the rust off.

In my opinion, better keep the lines the same. The only alterations made should be in net. This is still a hockey game and still more than a perfect chance to keep, or try develop the chemistry between the lines. Serioulsy it would not be a good idea to adjust the lines in any way unless they plan on keeping them that way. And put lammy in the first, Greico in at the second and Walski for the third.

It seems like the U-18 team has some height to their team. :huh:

In my opinion, better keep the lines the same. The only alterations made should be in net. This is still a hockey game and still more than a perfect chance to keep, or try develop the chemistry between the lines. Serioulsy it would not be a good idea to adjust the lines in any way unless they plan on keeping them that way.

Exactly right, even though they're fairly young (althought not that much younger than the Sioux this year) you can't risk them carrying a bad game forward.

keep the same lines for sure, this is a college talent team and is very capable of winning as they have shown. this is a very good exh game before facing the badgers at the ralph!!

i bet phil and grieco split the game and foyt gets some ice time

I'm generally big on respecting opponents, and in this case I know the success the U18 team has had against good college teams, but really, UND should kick these 17-year olds all over the ice. I know the toddlers must be quite good to have had the results they've had, so I don't really expect UND to dominate them, but really ... they should.

I'm generally big on respecting opponents, and in this case I know the success the U18 team has had against good college teams, but really, UND should kick these 17-year olds all over the ice. I know the toddlers must be quite good to have had the results they've had, so I don't really expect UND to dominate them, but really ... they should.

Yes they should, especially when you look at the age and maturity factor. We shall see though. The Sioux need to use this as a tune-up for Wisconsin. We really need at least 3 points out of that series.

Yes they should, especially when you look at the age and maturity factor. We shall see though. The Sioux need to use this as a tune-up for Wisconsin. We really need at least 3 points out of that series.

They should dominate, but Hak will have them back off on the physical side as they have done in these games in the past. You really don't want anyone to get hurt, on either side. That will reduce the domination aspect.

They should dominate, but Hak will have them back off on the physical side as they have done in these games in the past. You really don't want anyone to get hurt, on either side. That will reduce the domination aspect.

IMHO if you expect the Sioux to dominate this game you will be disappointed. I say this for a couple of reasons:

1. Look at the U18's record against good college teams. They won't be intimidated.

2. This is a tough game for the Sioux to get up for. It's just an exhibition game and generally those that haven't received much ice time get their chance to shine.

I could be wrong, but I expect it to be close.

IMHO if you expect the Sioux to dominate this game you will be disappointed. I say this for a couple of reasons:

1. Look at the U18's record against good college teams. They won't be intimidated.

2. This is a tough game for the Sioux to get up for. It's just an exhibition game and generally those that haven't received much ice time get their chance to shine.

I could be wrong, but I expect it to be close.

i want a win, i dont care who it is, i want to win. and we will not dominate this team and if we do that will be a GREAT sign for the next weekend vs sconnie. just look at their track record this season. they are damn good. they have beaten or taken TOP ncaa teams into OT and have played very very well. this is a perfect game for the sioux. not a cake walk like the canada university teams that we play to begin the year.

i want a win, i dont care who it is, i want to win. and we will not dominate this team and if we do that will be a GREAT sign for the next weekend vs sconnie. just look at their track record this season. they are damn good. they have beaten or taken TOP ncaa teams into OT and have played very very well. this is a perfect game for the sioux. not a cake walk like the canada university teams that we play to begin the year.

the sioux will definitely be looking for a win. they also will get some fresh legs out on the ice too. i expect lammy to play and grieco to split time.

bottom line: sioux by 2 goals(no empty netter)

It will be a good opportunity to do and try many things in a game that is of no meaningful consequence.

I hope and expect that the coaches will dress and skate Scott Foyt. I like Foyt, and I recognize that Foyt cannot crack the line-up absent a run of injuries. He stepped in a few years back and contributed. He is a senior, and no doubt a solid team player in practice. I will be surprised if Foyt does not play.

It will be a good opportunity to do and try many things in a game that is of no meaningful consequence.

I hope and expect that the coaches will dress and skate Scott Foyt. I like Foyt, and I recognize that Foyt cannot crack the line-up absent a run of injuries. He stepped in a few years back and contributed. He is a senior, and no doubt a solid team player in practice. I will be surprised if Foyt does not play.

I would too, especially since Hakstol said he wanted to get Foyt in the lineup :huh:

Cool. Hadn't heard that. Nonetheless, I usually only believe about half of what Hak says.

He is, after all, a coach.

This is a problem the team has to work out. I mean, when a coach dips below 75% in believability during the coaches' show, I think they need to revisit their chatting strategy :huh:

I need some help here. A few weeks back it was posted on another thread that the Jets were playing the U17 team on the 2 of Dec. I'd like to check out our young studs as I'm in Fargo. I apologize for going off topic and for not digging back. Thanks, Siouxscore.

Right organization, wrong team. The Jets are playing the U18 team. I hope to be in attendance.

After watching the U18 game tonight, I think the Jets have slim to no chance of winning and Slim just left town.