SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews, Oshie, etc.

GBpakrzz

What are you smoking?

Stafford led the team in scoring last season (48 points and 24 goals...including 7 shorties) and you're trying to tell us that he only showed up against the lower teams? :silly:

VandeVelde may develop into a great player for the Sioux, and I have noticed that his play has improved greatly in the past few weeks, but he isn't at the level of Spirko...yet.

What he said :ohmy:

Yea Stafford was good against teams like Mankato or other perenially brutal teams. I mean seriously he was a no show against the top teams last year.

Zajac was the real deal, no surprise he is fitting in with the big boys.

I would take Vande velde over Spirko any day of the week and twice on sunday. Put Vande with the players Rasteslav played with and i think you'd see some fire works.

:silly: Put down the crack pipe!!

What are you smoking?

Stafford led the team in scoring last season (48 points and 24 goals...including 7 shorties) and you're trying to tell us that he only showed up against the lower teams? :silly:

VandeVelde may develop into a great player for the Sioux, and I have noticed that his play has improved greatly in the past few weeks, but he isn't at the level of Spirko...yet.

Did he score at all in the WCHA or NCAA tournament? The team played better with out him because he thought he should have been in the show.

Did he score at all in the WCHA or NCAA tournament? The team played better with out him because he thought he should have been in the show.

i think he had a shorty vs michigan if im not mistaken, 1 assist vs BC i know, both NC$$ games, also 2 assists vs holy fkn cross

i believe he missed the wcha tourney and final 5 due to injury

04/05 playoffs

final 5 - 1 assist vs uw and umtc

nc$$ games, 1 goal vs bu, 1 goal,1 assist vs bc. 2 assists vs umtc and 1 assist on only goal vs du

I don't agree with a lot of the comments here, but VV is turning out to be a heck of a player. I thought he had a great weekend against CC.

All that's missing is the offense. Half of that isn't his fault. I don't think you could make better passes to Kozek or Miller on Saturday.

All that's missing is the offense. Half of that isn't his fault. I don't think you could make better passes to Kozek or Miller on Saturday.

Yep, I think when he gets a bit more comfortable he'll also be able to throw the big check. (I think he's worrying more about filling in his assignment right now.)

Yep, I think when he gets a bit more comfortable he'll also be able to throw the big check. (I think he's worrying more about filling in his assignment right now.)

That and every time he has gone for the big check he's gotten called on a penalty, including a CFB Major.