SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC TIGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they were last night, and we were not very good last night

that's true, but if you're talking about being top 3 in the league, CC is not that caliber this year. I don't know where the Sioux will fall but CC won't be there in the end.

Great feed by TJ on Chorney's goal.

Kill IT!

Gophers really putting on a show. 3 shorthanded goals tonight and about 50 shots. They now lead 8-2. They are going to be a force to reckon with this year. Just watching that game since I don't have any Sioux tv to watch.

'yawns'

Oshie doing a great job trying to get someone, anyone, a goal by carrying the puck in the offensive zone, and finding an open man. Chorney almost rewards that effort by clanging one off the post. Great efforts by Oshie. He finished the shift by trying himself from the slot but too much traffic.

great win for the sioux. very balanced scoring. phil was solid but didnt face many shots. just a good all around win. we needed it and we got it. now rest up, have a injury free game vs USA_18 and go get those damn badgers..................good job sioux, way to stop the skid

Well it's 5-2 UND in the second period & that's good now let's go for the kill in the 3th period & take no prisonners. Please forgive for my lousy spelling.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

My mistake it was the 3th period & the game is now ended. Hey nobody's perfect folks.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

BRAD'S SCORING SUMMARY (THANKS BRAD FOR THE UP TO DATE BLOG)

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

First period

CC 1, UND 0 -- Brandon Polich (Jimmy Kilpatrick, Billy Sweatt) 8:16. Polich, charging hard to the net, tipped Kilpatrick's shot over Lamoureux's left shoulder.

CC 1, UND 1 -- Darcy Zajac (Michael Forney, Brian Lee) 9:35. Forney collided behind the net with a Tiger defenseman and Zaba, who attempted to play the puck. Zajac picked it up and scored on a wrap around as CC defenseman converged on the net.

UND 2, CC 1 -- Chay Genoway (Jonathan Toews, Ryan Duncan) 13:54. Duncan helped set up a scramble in front of the net. Genoway had a chance at it, then Toews, then Genoway scored with his backhand in the slot on his second chance.

UND 3, CC 1 -- Matt Watkins (Chris Porter, Zach Jones) 14:07. Seconds after Genoway's goal, Porter carried the puck in the zone and fired a shot that Zaba stopped with his pad. Watkins picked up the rebound and put it in for a two-goal sioux lead.

Second period

UND 4, CC 1 -- Andrew Kozek (unassisted) :32. Kozek picked off a clearing attempt and scored with his backhand from the slot.

Third period

UND 5, CC 1 -- Taylor Chorney (T.J. Oshie, Brian Lee) 9:29 (pp). Oshie dropped a pass to Chorney, who was pinching in behind Oshie. Chorney beat Zaba high to the glove side.

UND 5, CC 2 -- Chad Rau (Lee Sweatt, Derek Patrosso) 14:29. Rau scored on a deflection, beating Lamoureux between the pads.

BRAD'S SCORING SUMMARY (THANKS BRAD FOR THE UP TO DATE BLOG)

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

First period

CC 1, UND 0 -- Brandon Polich (Jimmy Kilpatrick, Billy Sweatt) 8:16. Polich, charging hard to the net, tipped Kilpatrick's shot over Lamoureux's left shoulder.

CC 1, UND 1 -- Darcy Zajac (Michael Forney, Brian Lee) 9:35. Forney collided behind the net with a Tiger defenseman and Zaba, who attempted to play the puck. Zajac picked it up and scored on a wrap around as CC defenseman converged on the net.

UND 2, CC 1 -- Chay Genoway (Jonathan Toews, Ryan Duncan) 13:54. Duncan helped set up a scramble in front of the net. Genoway had a chance at it, then Toews, then Genoway scored with his backhand in the slot on his second chance.

UND 3, CC 1 -- Matt Watkins (Chris Porter, Zach Jones) 14:07. Seconds after Genoway's goal, Porter carried the puck in the zone and fired a shot that Zaba stopped with his pad. Watkins picked up the rebound and put it in for a two-goal sioux lead.

Second period

UND 4, CC 1 -- Andrew Kozek (unassisted) :32. Kozek picked off a clearing attempt and scored with his backhand from the slot.

Third period

UND 5, CC 1 -- Taylor Chorney (T.J. Oshie, Brian Lee) 9:29 (pp). Oshie dropped a pass to Chorney, who was pinching in behind Oshie. Chorney beat Zaba high to the glove side.

UND 5, CC 2 -- Chad Rau (Lee Sweatt, Derek Patrosso) 14:29. Rau scored on a deflection, beating Lamoureux between the pads.

Points tonight for, going back to preseason and recent season poster comments, one player who doesn't belong on a scoring line (Porter), and three players who don't deserve ice time (Watkins, Kozek, and Lee).

Oh, and Finley sucks. :D Thank God Grieco wasn't in. If Grieco would have won this game a few posters here would have had strokes.

GOOD WIN BY THE SIOUX!

I was only able to watch very limited amounts of the game. I came in just in time to hear CC's first goal and then had to turn it off just after Zajac's goal. Then I returned right after CC and UND each sent two players to the box for something (I don't know what) and was able to catch the rest of the game.

UND played good D, evidentally (only allowing 17 shots or so?). They played 60 minutes of hockey, which is KEY.

Who looked good that didn't get any points tonight? My choice is Vandevelde. That guy should have 2 assists at least. Too bad Miller and Kozek couldn't finish.

UW wins via the shutout. WCHA is having an off year, but that's because HEA is having an up year. CCHA still sucks. Michigan was made to look like blue and gold skating nancy-boys by the Gophers. So, really, we have to be careful of Hockey East this year.

Damn, I've had a great day!! First a FB win in Omaha and now a 'new' hockey team wins at the Ralph.

I just have to add this, should have done it last night but better late than never.

Brian Lee is a great defense man, I don't care what anyone says. He's not flashy, he doesn't stand out but he does his job and he does it well. I don't know if there is such a thing but he's more of an offensive defense man. I'd pick him to be on my team every time!!!!

Just got back from the game... one of the most entertaining games (in my opinion) that I have been to this year. The three goals in the first period really got the fans going, and the makeshift student section was a blast!!! We had a little old guy right next to us on the glass listening to the radio so he'd update us when we couldn't hear... had some people that appeared to be a little under the influence behind us trying to start the wave (so not a hockey thing) and a fair amount of cheering, generally student led.

Great game, lots of strong performances, not too many times when I was nervous. Let's keep it up boys!!!