SiouxSports.com Forum

Beer Pong Table

mikeypat15

Just thought I would share with all of you the table that I have built over the past month, alot of money and time but it is so worth it.

BeerPong006.jpg

BeerPong017.jpg

BeerPong010.jpg

BeerPong007.jpg

If anyone ever wants to play beer pong on it we'll be happy to accomodate you, suitable for all ages over 21 of course

The only discrepancy (sp?) I found was on Saturday night at the hockey game, the center circle is actually blue, to late now, haha.

It took a while to do all the circles and lines and fun stuff like that

For the lines just tape it off and if u can get an idea on how thick each line should be, we made our center red line a little thicker than our blues just to give the added effect. frankly i was surpirsed at how nice the center line came out and think that is what really makes that table

The circles were without a doubt the hardest part, we searched and searched and searched for a circle of abput 15.5 inches, couldnt find it anywhere. We were hungry after our search and got a full sbarro pizza, low and behold the cooking sheet was not taken out from under the pizza and measured 16 inches, and we were sold. We traced a circle on tape with a pocket knife, we didnt use a razor cause we found it gouged the table. From here we free handed a smaller circle just inside it and painted from there.

The faceoff dots were also hard, we taped off the tickest part of the circle then sharpied with a red fine point sharpie the small lines in. Creases were also kinda touch, found a small plate gave the best arch at the top.

We wanted to throw in a WCHA and Rydell logo for fun but decided not to when we came to the conclusion, the more detailing you do the more mistakes you will have.

After that we did 6 coats of polyurethane, one a day for the first two days, then two the next two, it will yellow the table a tad, that just comes with the waterproofing. I'm happy to talk to anyone about it if they want some ideas. The people at the Valspar Corp were incredible at helping me out, had a guy customer service guy I called many times and he would always set things down to help me out with any paint ideas. If anyone wants to see i'll be happy to show it off. The cost of this table was $400

It took a while to do all the circles and lines and fun stuff like that

For the lines just tape it off and if u can get an idea on how thick each line should be, we made our center red line a little thicker than our blues just to give the added effect. frankly i was surpirsed at how nice the center line came out and think that is what really makes that table

The circles were without a doubt the hardest part, we searched and searched and searched for a circle of abput 15.5 inches, couldnt find it anywhere. We were hungry after our search and got a full sbarro pizza, low and behold the cooking sheet was not taken out from under the pizza and measured 16 inches, and we were sold. We traced a circle on tape with a pocket knife, we didnt use a razor cause we found it gouged the table. From here we free handed a smaller circle just inside it and painted from there.

The faceoff dots were also hard, we taped off the tickest part of the circle then sharpied with a red fine point sharpie the small lines in. Creases were also kinda touch, found a small plate gave the best arch at the top.

We wanted to throw in a WCHA and Rydell logo for fun but decided not to when we came to the conclusion, the more detailing you do the more mistakes you will have.

After that we did 6 coats of polyurethane, one a day for the first two days, then two the next two, it will yellow the table a tad, that just comes with the waterproofing. I'm happy to talk to anyone about it if they want some ideas. The people at the Valspar Corp were incredible at helping me out, had a guy customer service guy I called many times and he would always set things down to help me out with any paint ideas. If anyone wants to see i'll be happy to show it off. The cost of this table was $400

Ideas like this make people $$$$RICH$$$$

Very nice!

For those of you planning to make one. You can get a clear apoxy- I don't know if I spelled that correctly, that won't turn yellow. Not sure what it's called, but my bro does fine woodworking and we are going to use it on the top of our Sioux bar.

I would assume that you can find it at any place where you can get wood finishing products. He said that it was about $50 a gallon, so it's not cheap.

Very nice!

For those of you planning to make one. You can get a clear apoxy- I don't know if I spelled that correctly, that won't turn yellow. Not sure what it's called, but my bro does fine woodworking and we are going to use it on the top of our Sioux bar.

I would assume that you can find it at any place where you can get wood finishing products. He said that it was about $50 a gallon, so it's not cheap.

I'm a college student so we choose to take the slight yellowness and save the $25 bucks, the gentleman at Valspar made it very clear when putting on a coat like that use a water base and not an oil base, the oil base really turns things yellow he informed mean

Ideas like this make people $$$$RICH$$$$

how many of you would pay the $400 dollars though, plus I need to make the profit so it would be more. I'm guessing if I charged for labor it would be close to $600-$700

i'll make another and they cant put it next to the custom chopper, ha

how many of you would pay the $400 dollars though, plus I need to make the profit so it would be more. I'm guessing if I charged for labor it would be close to $600-$700

i'll make another and they cant put it next to the custom chopper, ha

I imagine over time you'd be able to streamline your process and perhaps cut your overall costs, thereby allowing you to charge a bit less.

I imagine over time you'd be able to streamline your process and perhaps cut your overall costs, thereby allowing you to charge a bit less.

lol, maybe one day, ill patent it tonight. I just want to have a good time with it, I wish it werent so big then i would take it outside the house and bring it to a pregame somewhere for play

HockeyMom Today, 03:52 PM Post #7

Very nice!

Go to Michael's craft store and they have stuff you mix up and pour down, it's like putting down 50 layers of varnish and will not yellow, looks fantastic when done right... Can't remeber the name for the life of me!

Stupid Question # 1:

What is beer pong, and what are the rules?

come over and we'll teach you, we play a more american form of beer pong called beirut, which involves the throwing of ping pong balls into cups filled with beer, if your opponent throws into your cup, you need to drink, we regularily play with 10 cups per team, but we opened the table with a massive 24 players, 288 cup game

come over and we'll teach you, we play a more american form of beer pong called beirut, which involves the throwing of ping pong balls into cups filled with beer, if your opponent throws into your cup, you need to drink, we regularily play with 10 cups per team, but we opened the table with a massive 24 players, 288 cup game

and what a game it is :blush: great times with a great invention!!

hell of a job on the table. my goal in the next couple years will be a superchexx bubble hockey game with sioux/gophers custom players just like the ones at the ralph. those are classic!!

AZSIOUX Posted Today, 05:47 PM

QUOTE(mikeypat15 @ Nov 6 2006, 04:29 PM)

QUOTE(BleedGrn @ Nov 6 2006, 05:15 PM)

Stupid Question # 1:

What is beer pong, and what are the rules?

and what a game it is great times with a great invention!!

hell of a job on the table. my goal in the next couple years will be a superchexx bubble hockey game with sioux/gophers custom players just like the ones at the ralph. those are classic!!

Just make sure it has a boo button... Super chexx isn't good unless it has a boo button...

Go to Michael's craft store and they have stuff you mix up and pour down, it's like putting down 50 layers of varnish and will not yellow, looks fantastic when done right... Can't remeber the name for the life of me!

I used some stuff on my pub table and bar I got from Home Depot called "Glaze Coat". Sounds the same as the stuff you used from Michael's. Comes in two bottles and you mix and pour on table, then spread around. I think a box was around $20 and it covered 9 sq. ft. It doesn't turn yellow. Tricky part is applying in a place that is dust free and making sure you get all the small bubbles out. Both of mine turned out great! I would post pic, but I don't think any of you would like the pub table with a huge maroon and gold "M" on it. :blush:

Easiest way to get the bubbles out is with a small propane torch (at least with the stuff I used, Dura coat maybe?) The bubbles will burst due to CO2, not heat, and the exhaust from your breath (this will make you lightheaded trying to blow them out) or the propane torch (so much easier and faster) will bring the bubbles right out.

I remember awhile back when somebody posted pictures of another table that had everything down to the last detail with advertising on the rink. Was that a beer pong table too, or was that something different?

Yup that was made for beer pong too.

The Original Thread

Sorry the pics in the first post don't work because I couldn't update my post and the pics expired on the webhosting over time. But I posted them again on the same thread here.

Where's the fun in that? Some people like challenges.

I wish it werent so big then i would take it outside the house and bring it to a pregame somewhere for play

Good thinking :lol: . My table has made it to numerous tailgating festivities and will likely be there this weekend. But you did excellent work mate.

This is what I used. Wouldn't have gone with anything less.

my goal in the next couple years will be a superchexx bubble hockey game with sioux/gophers custom players just like the ones at the ralph. those are classic!!

Lets just say my foosball players have Sioux jerseys on. :lol:

Yeah, I finished the basement last winter, with bar/projector/pub table, and left a perfect spot for a new super chexx game. Should be ordering soon! :lol: