SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Huskies

GBpakrzz

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCSU outplayed us in a lot of areas. I personally think the Toews goal should have counted, but I'm not the ref, and don't know the exact rule on that type of play. Should probably be happy with the 1 point.

The replay was very good on that one. Toews kicked the puck and never got his stick onto the puck before it went in.

This is a no goal unless thy name is Kris Chucko.

The replay was very good on that one. Toews kicked the puck and never got his stick onto the puck before it went in.

This is a no goal unless thy name is Kris Chucko.

But if it touched the goalie, or got pushed by something else after the skate then it's a goal, right? I figured it MUST have gone off of the goalie before going in. I didn't think it was clear in the net right off Toews's skate.

But if it touched the goalie, or got pushed by something else after the skate then it's a goal, right? I figured it MUST have gone off of the goalie before going in. I didn't think it was clear in the net right off Toews's skate.

That is what I was thinking. Looked to me like he ticked the puck into the goalie. Then pushed it in with his stick.

It clearly went into Goepfert, which is why I thought it should be allowed. All the pushing in front is what caused it to go in, not Toews actual kicking of the puck.

Not sure, but the replays, to me (armchair replay official) didn't show conclusive evidence that Goepfert got hit with the puck BEFORE the puck was across the goal line.

And Siouxdonym- UND didn't get outplayed tonight as much as you think. There were times where our aggressiveness got us in trouble, sure, but we did pretty good, especially in the third period and after Porter's goal in the 2nd.