SiouxSports.com Forum

Rutgers STILL unbeaten!

SiouxMeNow

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never in doubt ;)

One of our local sportswriters who always goes out of his way to be negative now says that we "are lightning in a bottle"--we now find ways to win games when we aren't having a good game instead of finding ways to lose like we would in the past. The Louisville game is going to be very tough,but I can't believe we are 8-0.

GO NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Never in doubt ;)

One of our local sportswriters who always goes out of his way to be negative now says that we "are lightning in a bottle"--we now find ways to win games when we aren't having a good game instead of finding ways to lose like we would in the past. The Louisville game is going to be very tough,but I can't believe we are 8-0.

GO NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo White Lightning!

Go Rutgers!

JFR- Watched some of the game. You guys best shore up that special teams play. UCONN got several great runbacks on the kickoffs (even though one was brought back on a holding call). Your D was very good. UCONN would move the ball ok and then 3rd down would come and they'd cough it up.

Nice.

Next up, Louisville. And Louisville isn't going to cough it up as much as UConn.

Good luck.

Rutgers is one of the reasons I would love to see a playoff system in I-A football. I don't think the Scarlet Knights would win the national title, but I think they could give some of the big boys a run for their money or even pull off an upset. But I've already ranted about this in another thread, so I will leave that whole topic alone. ;)

JFR- Watched some of the game. You guys best shore up that special teams play. UCONN got several great runbacks on the kickoffs (even though one was brought back on a holding call). Your D was very good. UCONN would move the ball ok and then 3rd down would come and they'd cough it up.

Nice.

Next up, Louisville. And Louisville isn't going to cough it up as much as UConn.

Good luck.

They did block a punt for a touchdown.

They did block a punt for a touchdown.

Hmmm... true... but They gave up considerable yardage on kickoff returns as well. I mean, don't get me wrong, kickoff returns only happen at the beginning of the game, the beginning of the 2nd half, and whenever a team scores, so as long as RU is scoring I guess it makes less difference (especially if RU gets the ball back on a turnover 3 downs later), but big special teams plays can make or break the team.

We have to play well in all aspects,including special teams, to beat Louisville. If we play like we did against Pittsburgh we have a very good chance at winning. If we play like we did against Connecticut, we will lose. All I can say is that we are light years from where the team was a few years ago. Just four seasons ago, we lost to West Virginia 80-7! The Mountaineers scored in every conceivable way that day,including numerous special teams debacles.

We have to play well in all aspects,including special teams, to beat Louisville. If we play like we did against Pittsburgh we have a very good chance at winning. If we play like we did against Connecticut, we will lose. All I can say is that we are light years from where the team was a few years ago. Just four seasons ago, we lost to West Virginia 80-7! The Mountaineers scored in every conceivable way that day,including numerous special teams debacles.

80-7 :whistling:

I haven't seen a score that bad since a tech school I was at lost 79-0! Rumor had it by the 4th Quarter, they were taking people out of the stands to play the game! :lol:

Louisville's offense looked GREAT! It is going to be very difficult to beat them. I was glad to see almost the entire halftime spent interviewing Coach Schiano. A university can rarely get this much exposure. One of the local papers estimated Rutgers has received about $16 million of free publicity since Labor Day and that was before this past week. November 9 will be the biggest crowd ever at Rutgers Stadium and another ESPN game--everyone around here is just counting down the days.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Redwing77, who were the teams? Just wondering, thanks.

Well, Louisville won tonight pretty convincingly. Next week should be a good game.

Gosh, it was a game that took place in 1997. I don't remember the opponent but the school I was at (the one that lost) was Northland Community and Technical College of Thief River Falls, MN.

No offense to those from TRF or Michael Forney, but living in TRF was 2 of the worst years of my life. :lol:

Louisville's offense looked GREAT! It is going to be very difficult to beat them. I was glad to see almost the entire halftime spent interviewing Coach Schiano. A university can rarely get this much exposure. One of the local papers estimated Rutgers has received about $16 million of free publicity since Labor Day and that was before this past week. November 9 will be the biggest crowd ever at Rutgers Stadium and another ESPN game--evryone around here is just counting down the days.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

JFR-

Louisville looked not just good, but dominant. It already is making me nervous for Rutgers.

JFR-

Louisville looked not just good, but dominant. It already is making me nervous for Rutgers.

Brian Brohm is certainly a force to be reckoned with. He seems to be one of those quarterbacks such as the Manning brothers who just absolutely pick defenses apart. It'll certainly be a spectacle to watch, that much is for sure.

In my 1 and only year, the 93-94 season at Mayville State, we lost to Wayne State (Div-II) in Mayville that year 94-12. It was 55-12 at half time, the only reason people were around at the end was to see if they'd hit 100. I remember coach talking about how we were the first team that year to put up 12 points on them in the 1st half, no one else had been able to get that many.

I believe they just missed the DII playoffs that year, not sure though.

Thanks Sioux fans! Tonight is the night--win or lose it has been a lot of fun around here this season. I never thought I would see New York City jumping on the Rutgers bandwagon. Check this out----My Webpage

If you click on the esb site at the bottom, and then the lighting schedule on the left side of that page, it has November 9, red, GO RUTGERS!!

Awesome, JFR.

My daughter has a basketball game at 6:30, but I will check on the football game afterwards. Maybe I can find it on Sirius (sp) radio, while I'm driving back to Thompson.

GO RUTGERS!!!