SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Help this Weekend

The Walrus

I know that Fridays Game is on Both Fox Sports Wisc. and CSTV..

On Saturday it is just on Fox Sports Wisc..

My Question is does Dish Network carry Fox Sports Wisc..? and What Channel is it..?

I already know that Direct TV is 642...but What is DISH NETWORK if they carry it..?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know if you can pickup this game on the fox sports package w/ digital cable in mpls? I have time warner (they switched to comcast, but nothing has really changed yet) digital cable and have the fox sports package. I know they game will be on fox sports north (wisc) but I'm wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to pick it up. The cable schedule says it's going to be college football on the fox sports channels, so that is my guess. Just wondering if anyone has heard differently?

Since I don't get any of those channels I have to rely on my usual "road game ritual" of watching the games at the Italian Moon. They always have the game on ( I made it a point to check with the folks over there and they assured me they get all those channels), not to mention the wings and queso are awesome. I'll be there indulging in hockey, food and beer both nights.

Im sure any of the places in town with dishes will have it . We always use to go to rumors for webcasts, but then we started going to the ground round. Im wondering if BW"s will have it on!? Can anyone help me out on that? (which restaurants other than the moon would for sure have it? THANK. Sioux win by at least 2 friday night and by one saturday! 8o) This is oshie weekend!

I haven't been in GF in a couple years during the UW series, but the Fox Sports Net in Grand Forks used to show the Wisconsin feed when UND was there.

They did it last year, I am hoping they do it again, I haven't seen anything as of yet.

I live in MPLS and I pay $4.95 a month extra for the sports package that does include both games this weekend. It will also include games later this year against denver and CC. So Erick to answer your question if you ask comcast for the digital sports package you can see both games. If you want you can cancel it on Monday and they only charge you $1.99 to cancel at anytime. I have the package from OCtober thru April I recommend it

May have to flex some muscle on the old man! It's late in the chase so he might put up a fight! :D

Too bad NBC Duluth pulled their translator station from Aitkin because we could get NBC crystal clear on the antenna. Now all we get is CBS & PBS on the antenna :D

Thank goodness for satellite (we have Dish at the lake). Might have to take the FTA box with me up there and find the feed ;)

They did it last year, I am hoping they do it again, I haven't seen anything as of yet.

If I remember right it is was a last minute thing....My guess if they provide the feed it will be announced on thursday and like the Denver series last year it will be on the FSSN channel.

If I remember right it is was a last minute thing....My guess if they provide the feed it will be announced on thursday and like the Denver series last year it will be on the FSSN channel.

Crossing my fingers and hoping it happens.

I live in MPLS and I pay $4.95 a month extra for the sports package that does include both games this weekend. It will also include games later this year against denver and CC. So Erick to answer your question if you ask comcast for the digital sports package you can see both games. If you want you can cancel it on Monday and they only charge you $1.99 to cancel at anytime. I have the package from OCtober thru April I recommend it

I do as well - what channel is the Saturday game on if you would. thanks

i just posted this in the restaurant thread, but it appears that midcontinent did indeed pick up the feed. hope this helps. i don't mean to double post, but some may not check other locations...

i just got this email from a relative that works for midcontinent and thought i would pass it on. it looks like the FSSN has picked up the games from the FSN feed for this weekend in selected areas.

Where: Grand Forks, GFAFB, Emerado, Grafton, Drayton, East Grand Forks, Crookston, Thompson, Buxton, Mayville, Portland, Hillsboro, Grandin, & Galesburg

What: Additional UND Hockey games (vs. Wisconsin Badgers) this weekend courtesy of FSN. The games will be shown on MC23. The Friday game is at 7:30 and Saturday is at 7:00.

i may be wrong, but it looks like this is just the gf midcontinent coverage area. it does not include the fargo cable one area, the rest of north dakota or the sioux falls/south dakota coverage area---why? i don't know.

i hope this helps some people out.

i just posted this in the restaurant thread, but it appears that midcontinent did indeed pick up the feed. hope this helps. i don't mean to double post, but some may not check other locations...

i just got this email from a relative that works for midcontinent and thought i would pass it on. it looks like the FSSN has picked up the games from the FSN feed for this weekend in selected areas.

Where: Grand Forks, GFAFB, Emerado, Grafton, Drayton, East Grand Forks, Crookston, Thompson, Buxton, Mayville, Portland, Hillsboro, Grandin, & Galesburg

What: Additional UND Hockey games (vs. Wisconsin Badgers) this weekend courtesy of FSN. The games will be shown on MC23. The Friday game is at 7:30 and Saturday is at 7:00.

i may be wrong, but it looks like this is just the gf midcontinent coverage area. it does not include the fargo cable one area, the rest of north dakota or the sioux falls/south dakota coverage area---why? i don't know.

i hope this helps some people out.

So the games are on channel 51 FSN or just 23? woohoo!

from what i understand, it is like year's past where FSSN (23) will pick up the feed from the opposing team's telecast (FSN local to Madison). if you are in GF or the other communities in the gf coverage area, you should get it on 23. i have another email in inquiring about the possibility of midcontinent distributing the games to all of the regular coverage areas that usually provide games on FSSN.

Thanks for the info. I have the standard cable package. When I called I found I would need to upgrade to the digital cable package first, which would add about $15/mo, then the Sports Pack for another $5/mo. I'm bummed, but that's the way it goes. Fortunately I have Senser's to fall back on. Thought I'd post this for anyone else who had the same curiousity I did.