SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Denver - Game 1

PCM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Game ends in a 3-3 tie. UND had the better chances in OT.

That was a hard-won point. Let's get 2 on Saturday.

Great comeback by the guys.

Big scrum at the end by the Sioux bench. Keep your heads, boys. We don't need anyone sitting out Saturday.

Ok I was wrong in OT but Sioux WILL win on Sat night and take 3 points in Denver.

I hope you're right. Taking 3 of 4 on the road would be great. Taking 1 of 4 wouldn't.

But this was a great character comeback and maybe just what the team needed to regain confidence.

They got it done in the third period. I take that as a very positive sign.

Hey, I didn't know you guys were over here! Parise must have had about five excellent chances that were all either saved or near misses. I predict that both Parise and Bochenski find the net tomorrow. Whether it will be enough to win, I don't know.

How about Connelly getting robbed in the first by Berkoel? He just can't buy a goal.

And so nice to hear Canady playing.

Good job, Sioux. I really thought they were going to pop one in in the OT.

Kudos to Brandt. He let in 3 goals. Not having seen them I couldn't say if any were soft or not. But giving credit where it is due he made some huge saves to keep UND in this game. Had he let in the wraparound chance when DU was up 3-1 IMO that would have been a backbreaker. Instead he makes the save and Spiewak leads the Sioux back.

Exciting game to listen to. Great comeback by the Sioux! Hopefully they will carry some of their 3rd period jump into tomorrow's game.

Go Sioux!

I'm not sure, but in the last period, it sounded as if Spiewak, Parise and Bochenski were playing together. Does that mean the experiment with Parise at wing is over? It seemed as if he was getting more chances in the third period. I didn't hear his name much in the first two periods.

It didn't sound as if the 4th line played very well or very much. I know it was on the ice when the first DU goal was scored. Fylling took a bad penalty in the third period.

Blais said in his pre-game comments that because of the thin air in Denver, the Sioux really need to be able to play all four lines.