SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Today

petey23

The only reason I even have Cableone is for the Fighting Sioux Sports Network and now I find out that instead of getting to watch my Nebraska Cornhuskers against USC from the comfort of my house I instead get forcefed NDSU against Rocky "The Redneck Harvey Hick" Hagers god awful Northeastern squad. Funny thing is that as I am typing this a Cableone commercial comes on about how they value my feedback, I am picking up the phone now. :hypocrite::p:crazy:

The only reason I even have Cableone is for the Fighting Sioux Sports Network and now I find out that instead of getting to watch my Nebraska Cornhuskers against USC from the comfort of my house I instead get forcefed NDSU against Rocky "The Redneck Harvey Hick" Hagers god awful Northeastern squad. Funny thing is that as I am typing this a Cableone commercial comes on about how they value my feedback, I am picking up the phone now. :hypocrite::p:crazy:

I don't think Northeastern is really that bad a football team.

The only reason I even have Cableone is for the Fighting Sioux Sports Network and now I find out that instead of getting to watch my Nebraska Cornhuskers against USC from the comfort of my house I instead get forcefed NDSU against Rocky "The Redneck Harvey Hick" Hagers god awful Northeastern squad. Funny thing is that as I am typing this a Cableone commercial comes on about how they value my feedback, I am picking up the phone now. :lol::angry::angry:

They will join the USC vs Nebraska in Progress following the NDSU Game...

Do Not under stand why they do not split WDAY / WDAZ they have before

The only reason I even have Cableone is for the Fighting Sioux Sports Network and now I find out that instead of getting to watch my Nebraska Cornhuskers against USC from the comfort of my house I instead get forcefed NDSU against Rocky "The Redneck Harvey Hick" Hagers god awful Northeastern squad. Funny thing is that as I am typing this a Cableone commercial comes on about how they value my feedback, I am picking up the phone now. :lol::angry::angry:

Here is tough one to watch who would you cheer for. I almost have to say the Bison. Or better yet just dont' watch.

Steve Hallstrom makes Pat Sweeney sound like Al Michaels.

I was able to pick up the feed for the game via the free to air system and that announcer was horrible.

Was there some issues the first 15 minutes of the game on the DAZ/DAY feed? There was no audio from the announceres (just the crowd noise), then a god awful test tone for 5 minutes, then they finally got it going but it was a6:35 before the audio was fixed)

I wasnt watching it, I was seeing how the signal was for the real reason that transponder is used

The FSSN :lol:

Wanted to make sure the dish was tweaked for hockey :angry:

The only reason I even have Cableone is for the Fighting Sioux Sports Network and now I find out that instead of getting to watch my Nebraska Cornhuskers against USC from the comfort of my house

What does the FSSN have to do with an ABC station other than the fact DAZ supplies the programming for it? The FSSN is for Sioux games and is a hard feed from the Ralph/Alerus Center.

What does the FSSN have to do with an ABC station other than the fact DAZ supplies the programming for it? The FSSN is for Sioux games and is a hard feed from the Ralph/Alerus Center.

Nothing. Was stating that the only reason I have cable instead of satellite is because of the Sioux network

I gotta say...for claiming to be the "Upper Midwest Sports Leader"....WDAY production SUCKS!! The graphics in the ndsu/ne game were VERY BAD (almost UNREADABLE!) From the fuzzy multi-station ID graphic at the right side of the "1980's" style scoreboard to the bad sponsor graphics - they really should be embarrassed! (Steve Hallstrom is more like the AL BERNSTEIN of football commentary:0 )

If I was a paying advertiser for that game - I'd ask for my money back! For all the crap they take...WDAZ does a hell of lot more professional job (graphics and camerawork) for UND Hockey than those jokers in Fargo produce for the "BIG TIME" di program down there...maybe they need to take a trip north and take a lesson?

For all the crap they take...WDAZ does a hell of lot more professional job (graphics and camerawork) for UND Hockey than those jokers in Fargo produce for the "BIG TIME" di program down there...maybe they need to take a trip north and take a lesson?

WDAZ gets alot more practice at doing live telecasts. It isn't very often that anything worth broadcasting originates from Fargo!

I was able to pick up the feed for the game via the free to air system and that announcer was horrible.

Was there some issues the first 15 minutes of the game on the DAZ/DAY feed? There was no audio from the announceres (just the crowd noise), then a god awful test tone for 5 minutes, then they finally got it going but it was a6:35 before the audio was fixed)

I wasnt watching it, I was seeing how the signal was for the real reason that transponder is used

The FSSN :lol:

Wanted to make sure the dish was tweaked for hockey :angry:

The Oregon-Oklahoma FB game was running late on ABC. I assume that is why there was no audio from the announcers, they knew the only person watching was Iceberg! :angry: As son as the National ABC game was over, the NDSU game came on and the announcers began to speak.

The Oregon-Oklahoma FB game was running late on ABC. I assume that is why there was no audio from the announcers, they knew the only person watching was Iceberg! ;) As son as the National ABC game was over, the NDSU game came on and the announcers began to speak.

oh ok :angry:

I didnt know. I figured they'd pre-empt the last little bit of the Oregon game because its the "local" team they were going to televise

So this game was on 89W (IA8)? Did you know ahead of time you would be able to find the game, or just happened to hit it by scanning? Wish I had known. I wondered if since the game was going to be broadcast across the state of ND if it would be up on FTA! I didn't realize it would be on the same satellite as FSSN.

Wanted to make sure the dish was tweaked for hockey :lol:

I like your thinking!!!! Waiting is almost over for hockey to start!!!!!

So this game was on 89W (IA8)? Did you know ahead of time you would be able to find the game, or just happened to hit it by scanning? Wish I had known. I wondered if since the game was going to be broadcast across the state of ND if it would be up on FTA! I didn't realize it would be on the same satellite as FSSN.

I should read the other new posts before I start responding. I see you posted the info on the feed over here:

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?sh...=6652&st=60

I would still like to know if you knew ahead of time, or just happened to pick it up on a blind scan.

I didnt know it was going to be on IA8. Honestly this one was "a stumble upon" game. I walked in the house at 5:35 and thought "god wouldnt it be funny if WDAY used the same transponder as the FSSN" so I scrolled to it. last week Montana had used the same transponder but different symbol rate (12044 V 6148) and when I selected it, the TP lit up. I was like "no way" and hit scan and it came up as "WDAY SNG". I rescanned to see if the symbol rate was different which it was (6111) but it was close enough to hit the first time.

Honestly it was a fluke. The first 15 minutes the only people who got to see the game on T were the FTA'ers since WDAY was still showing Oregon :D

Normally sporting events come up 15-30 minutes before game time.

Oh, Does Al Michaels pull for the Sioux on the air too?

considering when sioux hockey games are broadcast outside the gf area, it's on the FIGHTING SIOUX SPORTS NETWORK... a cable channel on cable systems throughout the state. i would expect sweeney to pull for the sioux on the air. it's a completely different situation than the ndsu games being broadcast on abc stations.

considering when sioux hockey games are broadcast outside the gf area, it's on the FIGHTING SIOUX SPORTS NETWORK... a cable channel on cable systems throughout the state. i would expect sweeney to pull for the sioux on the air. it's a completely different situation than the ndsu games being broadcast on abc stations.

How about on the Bison Sioux statewide football and basketball games. It was pretty clear where Mr. Sweeney's loyalties were, very exuberant after a big Sioux play, pretty somber after a big Bison play.