SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-Bison in 2008?

UND92,96

If the games are conference games there would be no payment.....just a home and home. If not conference games, Jim's scenario may work. I think one thing is for sure.......it is likely to happen and it seems that Bunning is a reasonable guy for NDSU to be working with......

Good point. If we join the same conference as NDSU, NDSU would undoubtedly be obligated to play rotating home/away games with UND by conference rules.

My scenario was if UND and NDSU are ready to begin playing when UND and NDSU aren't in the same conference, I wouldn't be at all upset to renew the rivalry with a guarantee game in Fargo. That would give us another year to come in on more even ground to begin a contractual rotation with the first game in Fargo.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor's demands are really poorly based in my opinion. The only way that they hold a ton of merit in a two for one situation is if the Bison leave the Great West. Homerstrom reported that this was a possibility but I'm not sure an NDSU-SDSU pairing is attractive to many conferences (thanks to SDSU).

This being said, when UND moves up to Iaa the Great West would be stupid to turn them down in their bid to get an atomatic bid to the playoffs. The Great West needs numbers and UND and anyone else that moves up helps them get to the magic number. If UND gets into the Great West they will have to play a rotating schedule.

Good point. If we join the same conference as NDSU, NDSU would undoubtedly be obligated to play rotating home/away games with UND by conference rules.

My scenario was if UND and NDSU are ready to begin playing when UND and NDSU aren't in the same conference, I wouldn't be at all upset to renew the rivalry with a guarantee game in Fargo. That would give us another year to come in on more even ground to begin a contractual rotation with the first game in Fargo.

There's the rub. Until UND has completed its transition, or NDSU is in an auto-bid conference, NDSU will not play a non-conference game at Alerus, or pay UND a dime to come to the FargoDome.

An interesting issue in this whole thing is that inorder for the GWFC to get an autobid we need a minimum of 6 post season eligible teams to play together for 2 years. UND does not help us with a solution to this in the near term as you guys are a long ways from that magical post season eligibility. IF the GWFC could steal a member that is already eligible from elsewhere, it would really speed along an autobid.

NDSU will be watching moves in the Gateway closely as WKU is bolting for D-IA. The million dollar question is will that generate interest from the Gateway in NDSU.......who knows. There are a lot of good arguments on either side of that one........