SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone know if NCAA hockey PS2 game in the works?

Brasco

I would love to see EA expand further into college athletics. Their NCAA football game is outstanding with good game play and the ability to follow athletes through college and into Madden. This year EA branched into NCAA baseball. I am hoping hockey will be next.

It seems like the game play would be very similar to the new rules and speed of the NHL game. The game could be released regionally in the midwest, eastcoast, and Colorado. Just a thought since NHL 2007 comes out this week.

I would love to see EA expand further into college athletics. Their NCAA football game is outstanding with good game play and the ability to follow athletes through college and into Madden. This year EA branched into NCAA baseball. I am hoping hockey will be next.

It seems like the game play would be very similar to the new rules and speed of the NHL game. The game could be released regionally in the midwest, eastcoast, and Colorado. Just a thought since NHL 2007 comes out this week.

This question gets asked a lot on PA and Dubay when they have the EA guy on to simulate the Vikes game. The reason baseball got made is that MLB signed an exclusive agreement with a different game maker. Unless this happens in hockey, the chances are unlikely of getting the game made. I guess you could keep bugging them.

On a side note, anybody know if EA is actually planning on releasing a version of NHL 07 that will utililze the PS3's capabilities? If the PS3 ever comes out. Last year, many of the sports games (except Madden) for the XBOX 360 were the same as the regular XBOX.

NHL 08 will be made for PS3, 07 will not. I'll be picking up 07 on Thursday, but it won't be much different unless you're rich and have a 360. Then you get Gary Thorne and Bill Clement instead of the clowns on the "current gen" consoles. Oh well, apparently the AI defense and goaltending will be MUCH improved.

never really post here but this caught my attention, i wrote EA about a year ago and i got the impression they were interested in the idea, especially since EA is a canadian company not to far from GM place in Vancouver (Been there) and with the increased exposure (ESPN) that college hockey is getting, plus the extremely good cali, texas, florida, texas high school and club teams coming of age, the market for the game is expanding. Maybe a NCAA hockey '09 or '10 game is a possibility.

i have been pitching this to EA for a while through many channels and they never seem to reply back negitively.

never really post here but this caught my attention, i wrote EA about a year ago and i got the impression they were interested in the idea, especially since EA is a canadian company not to far from GM place in Vancouver (Been there) and with the increased exposure (ESPN) that college hockey is getting, plus the extremely good cali, texas, florida, texas high school and club teams coming of age, the market for the game is expanding. Maybe a NCAA hockey '09 or '10 game is a possibility.

i have been pitching this to EA for a while through many channels and they never seem to reply back negitively.

Wait a minute... INcreased exposure on hockey? BY ESPN? Uh, no. The only exposure ESPN is giving is poker, world strongest man, and basketball. ESPN only cares about hockey when the playoffs come around and, with college hockey, only cares about it when the Frozen Four comes around. I don't recall seeing much advertising for the frozen four either.

As for EA's responses, what business would NOT want to keep all avenues open? Just because they respond positively, doesn't mean they'll actually do it.

Wait a minute... INcreased exposure on hockey? BY ESPN? Uh, no. The only exposure ESPN is giving is poker, world strongest man, and basketball. ESPN only cares about hockey when the playoffs come around and, with college hockey, only cares about it when the Frozen Four comes around. I don't recall seeing much advertising for the frozen four either.

As for EA's responses, what business would NOT want to keep all avenues open? Just because they respond positively, doesn't mean they'll actually do it.

what about ESPNU, i know it's not constant college hockey, but they have several games every weekend, and with CSTV having games every weekend...it's not college football or basketball like, but it's better than it was five years ago as far as exposure for the sport we love.

what about ESPNU, i know it's not constant college hockey, but they have several games every weekend, and with CSTV having games every weekend...it's not college football or basketball like, but it's better than it was five years ago as far as exposure for the sport we love.

ESPN U usually has 1 college hockey game on a weekend just like CSTV..its better than nothing and a start but unless you have a fox sports package or just a sports package on dish or direct tv like i have its tough to see any college hockey. just reality and its so regional it will take a LONG time for these to get on regular ESPN