SiouxSports.com Forum

How do you display you are a Sioux fan?

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread rocks! Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to post right now.......but I will say this: Last winter I was at my brother's house, and I was leaving to go pick up some food and he told me that the Sioux jacket, Sioux choppers and Sioux checkbook cover were too much.

I have also been asked by Mr. HockeyMom on more than one occasion to wear something that doesn't have a Sioux logo on it.........mostly funerals and weddings.

My favorite Sioux apparel: Sioux scrubs......you should have seen me when I saw them in Scheels.....

I think if I took a head-count of the items in my closet (no jokes, please), you'd probably find that easily 1/3 of my clothing says something in relation to North Dakota hockey.

This is not a lie, I have never EVER seen MM without some sort of article of clothing related to the Sioux, and he usually decks his son out as well.

Ok I only have 3 t-shirts and one polo and oc course the Sioux license plate frame and stickers in the windows. I even have a pennant in my back window. But damn I need more clothing. Maybe the wife will buy me some more.

Dude, your wife bought you tickets to the Frozen Four. Maybe YOU should buy HER some more... but not Denver stuff.

As for displaying I'm a 'Dogs fan... with my big fat mouth, of course.

The most unique items I have are my x-mas presents from my S-I-L (wife of UMDDogz): she knitted me 3 pillows, one that says Bulldog Hockey, one that says UMD, and one small maroon and gold one with tassels for my cat.

This is not a lie, I have never EVER seen MM without some sort of article of clothing related to the Sioux, and he usually decks his son out as well.

Dude, your wife bought you tickets to the Frozen Four. Maybe YOU should buy HER some more... but not Denver stuff.

As for displaying I'm a 'Dogs fan... with my big fat mouth, of course.

The most unique items I have are my x-mas presents from my S-I-L (wife of UMDDogz): she knitted me 3 pillows, one that says Bulldog Hockey, one that says UMD, and one small maroon and gold one with tassels for my cat.

Yes she bought my tickeys, but they were my b-day gift. but my kid is just cute soo he should be in Sioux gear.

For me, I have a Sioux white jersey, but I only wear that on game nights.

Usually, it will have to be my UND FIghting Sioux license plate holder on my car.

My father always wears the Sioux pullover I bought him in the winter (but he also teaches at the UND Med School every now and then so...)

My brother wears green scrubs (no Sioux logo, but we can pretend) and has a UND Med School t-shirt even though he attends Loyola Med School in Chicago. Does that count?

Several of my coworkers display Sioux (or similar) aparel. One 4th grade teacher I work with switches off between a black Sioux jersey and a Zach Parise NJ Devils jersey all the time.

Let's face it, I haven't the money to be like Mafiaman

Well I have my sioux tattoo, a couple of jerseys, numerous shirts, and hats. A couple of window stickers. I'm looking for a window sticker of Calvin pissing so I can put goldie underneath it. And a sioux hitch cover. Have a couple of posters, and title towels hanging up in my place including the year round sioux x-mas stocking.

Let's see I have a sioux head neon sign that I proudly display in my picture window on game days.I have a SIOUX golf bag with head covers.4 jerseys,5 t-shirts,3 hats,bumper stickers,SIOUX TERRITORY sign on my shed,and a SIOUX engraved mirror behind my bar.Oh can't forget my SIOUX leather jacket.There will be more as time goes.And there is a polo shirt and denim shirt also.

Nice thread :blush: ...

Several Sioux jerseys (including the authentic), sweatshirts, t-shirts, several caps... wear them to any of my kids' hockey practices/games, and to various OHL, CCHA (since I live in Michigan) and Red Wings games. I also wear the jerseys to work on Sioux game days.

Have bought the kids various Sioux apparel and hats, some pucks, pennants and banners. The boys wear their Sioux jerseys for hockey practices.

At work, I have the Fighting Sioux Hockey History magazine/book on my office table, autograph stick along with various Sioux photos and ticket stubs on the wall along with photographs of my kids in the Sioux jerseys.

Stickers and decals on the Suburban. Had a trailer hitch cover but it got busted up. CAN ANY ONE ASSIST ME IN WHERE I COULD GET ANOTHER (PREFERABLY NOT PLASTIC)?! I'VE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO FIND THEM ONLINE AT THE SIOUX SHOP AND THOSE ARE PLASTIC.

Need to get a liscene plate frame. Money seems to be the biggest obstacle to furthering my Sioux fixation.

Ahhh... Hockey will soon be here!

Forgot to mention my kids' Christmas stockings, Sioux Santa hats, Sioux Helmet hats, their jerseys, shirts, coats, etc. 2 years ago, when my daughter was in 2nd grade, she took Jake Brandt to school for show and tell. That day he read the book "Z is for Zamboni" and gave Beka his goalie stick signed by the coaches and team. He also brought a picture for each kid in her class. Great day for the 2nd graders, as they see every Sioux athlete as a celebrity. Plus...Jake is really good at doing the PR thing.

I have also made some Sioux stuff in stained glass, but gave it to my in-laws for christmas. :blush:

2 years ago, when my daughter was in 2nd grade, she took Jake Brandt to school for show and tell. That day he read the book "Z is for Zamboni" and gave Beka his goalie stick signed by the coaches and team. He also brought a picture for each kid in her class. Great day for the 2nd graders, as they see every Sioux athlete as a celebrity. Plus...Jake is really good at doing the PR thing.

THAT IS SO AMAZINGLY CUTE.

Runninwiththedogs, if you didn't spend all your money on beer, you could deck yourself out in UMD gear to your heart's content! Then again, it might mean a repeat visit to drunken dance mania at the 2007 Final Five, so nevermind...

Oh, believe me, it's on for FF07. You are going DOWN.

Also I am getting an awesome throwback this year, I think.

When you're in the Twin Cities, the obvious thing to do is make sure you wear GREEN Sioux t-shirts as opposed to white ones. They stick out more. I think if I took a head-count of the items in my closet (no jokes, please), you'd probably find that easily 1/3 of my clothing says something in relation to North Dakota hockey.

Vehicle-wise, the UND Fighting Sioux license plate frame is a must-have. I have mine on the BACK of my SUV since I'm typically passing Minnesota-born-and-road-schooled drivers in the right lane since they love the left lane here even when they're doing 10 mph's BELOW the posted speed limit. That way they can see the plate frame as I go by them. When it's game-day, it's always good to put the logo magnets on the side of the truck, too.

Heck, even if it's NOT game-day against the Gophers, it's always fun to razz the locals anyways. Hey, that reminds me...better get my Maine jersey cleaned up and ready for the season opener at the X coming up in October. :blush:

that may be a good game to wear a Holy Cross jersey to

I have Sioux jackets that I wear year round -spring,fall and winter - here in St. Paul. 3-4 Sioux jerseys that I wear to any hockey game I attend.

Sioux shorts and workout pants, Sioux shirts, Sioux socks and of course Sioux hats that I adorn prominatly whenever I can. I make some of these jokers here so angry sometimes- they just can't believe anybody who lives here isn't a stupid goofer fan. It's fun.

Truck - Sioux license plate holder, 1 bumper sticker and 2 window decals.

RV - 1 bumber sticker and 2 window decals

jackets, shirts, hats, underwear, pucks, window stickers on both cars and my 4-wheeler, shotgun and rifle cases, Fighting Sioux wallet, Fighting Sioux Zamboni on my desk, 2005 authentic game jersey autographed by the whole team in Columbus, and Sioux vs. Gophers on my SuperChex hockey game. But my favorite is a picture of the empty seats at REA vacated by the gopher fans after Holy Cross finished them off!