SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux on TV

BisonSuck

I have season tickets. And judging from the comments im getting people are misunderstanding some of my posts. I'm just really into hockey and Fighting Sioux hockey, I apologize if I stepped on anyones toes.

You can always come here on game nite and find Sioux fans posting updates to the game that night while listening to the game streaming audio (or while watching the game on TV if it's on).

I have season tickets. And judging from the comments im getting people are misunderstanding some of my posts. I'm just really into hockey and Fighting Sioux hockey, I apologize if I stepped on anyones toes.

You're ok...just having some fun...

Has anyone heard or found information as to which games will be televised on CSTV and ESPNU this year? I've searched their sites up and down and haven't been able to find hockey schedules! If they are going to be short on games this year on these two channels, I think I'll have to get one of those FTA dishes pretty darn quick.

I e-mailed Pat Sweeney last week at WDAZ (which does the FSSN broadcasts) about this year's schedule and he said that the away hockey games to be televised had not been set yet. (He did say the Oct. 28 and Nov. 11 FB games were to be on, however.)

So only 2 football games will be on TV this year? That kinda sucks. I wonder if this is a $$$ saving move or just trying to get more people to show up for the games.

So only 2 football games will be on TV this year? That kinda sucks. I wonder if this is a $$$ saving move or just trying to get more people to show up for the games.

only 2 reg. season fb game were televised last yr: st cloud and omaha...then they televised duluth and grand valley playoff games

They did 2 last year (plus playoffs) and one the year before (UMD) and playoffs so there may be more.

Can someone give me the best option as far as what to get to watch as much hockey as possible (NHL & NCAA). I don't really care if the home Sioux games are televised or not since I go to the games, but I would like to see road games. Would it be digital cable or Direct TV. Thanks!

Can someone give me the best option as far as what to get to watch as much hockey as possible (NHL & NCAA). I don't really care if the home Sioux games are televised or not since I go to the games, but I would like to see road games. Would it be digital cable or Direct TV. Thanks!

It depends Fox Sports Network shows mostly Gopher or Wild hockey. ESPN shows some games not too many. With Direct TV, you can order NHL Center Ice. right now you can get the early bird offer too. up to 40 regular season games a week and select first and second round Stanley Cup Playoffs. digital cable, I don't know a whole lot about.

Digital cable does have the NHL pack (most cable companies carrry it) but other than the Goofer games, there wont be much college hockey. Cable has "Fox College Sports" but they don't carry much live events (them dang restrictions)

Get DirecTV or Dish. You'll get ESPNU, CSTV, and add the multisports pack for the different FSN areas.

Digital cable does have the NHL pack (most cable companies carrry it) but other than the Goofer games, there wont be much college hockey. Cable has "Fox College Sports" but they don't carry much live events (them dang restrictions)

Get DirecTV or Dish. You'll get ESPNU, CSTV, and add the multisports pack for the different FSN areas.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure before I make the "investment".

You can add a sports pack on digital cable and get the 3 college sports combined stations that you were mentioning for cable. Normally Wisconsin is on and some Denver. Do get a CCHA once in a while along with some east coast. Most were live or like a half hour late. They would show other games on tape delay. Oh and CSTV is on that as well.