SiouxSports.com Forum

Potts blasts Chapman

PCM

Why would anyone who wants an education protest any institution providing courses/programs in their community? If NDSU wants to offer courses/programs that are not available at UND in the GF area, NO ONE except someone without a concept of the importance and worth of education is going to protest!

Nope. You're wrong. I was offered a job at NDSU but my dislike for NDSU is much more important than actually working so I told them to shove it.

At least in my mind that's what I told them. Where I currently work says differently though. :silly:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, let's just look at your post. Why do you object to UND having a 'permanent presence in Fargo otherwise'. Is NDSU offering the educators in the Fargo area the same courses/programs that UND is offering them in Fargo? What do you suggest those educators who need/want these courses/programs do? Commute? ND already has some ot the the lowest paid educators in the country, do you suggest they also be the least educated because you don't want UND offering them continued education that is NOT being offered by NDSU?

Why would anyone who wants an education protest any institution providing courses/programs in their community? If NDSU wants to offer courses/programs that are not available at UND in the GF area, NO ONE except someone without a concept of the importance and worth of education is going to protest!

How about giving the money to NDSU, which is already in Fargo, to provide those services? Why must the state spend money to setup a physical presence when they already have a University here that is more than capable of doing so. Give NDSU the money for the program, I'm sure we can provide it. We really don't need universities setting up other branches in cities where a current university already has a base of operations.

How about giving the money to NDSU, which is already in Fargo, to provide those services?

Why do you assume that NDSU wants to provide those services? If they did, don't you think the NDSU President would already have raised a stink about it? Don't you think that perhaps both Universities recognize that the most qualified persons are providing the services? NDSU isn't providing those courses/programs in the 'daytime' why should they get money to provide it in the evenings/weekends?

Why do you assume that NDSU wants to provide those services? If they did, don't you think the NDSU President would already have raised a stink about it? Don't you think that perhaps both Universities recognize that the most qualified persons are providing the services? NDSU isn't providing those courses/programs in the 'daytime' why should they get money to provide it in the evenings/weekends?

Why couldn't we provide both? I would imagine if there was enough need, it wouldn't be a problem.

Why couldn't we provide both?

Exactly, why couldn't you? If NDSU wanted to provide both, why don't they?

I think it's because they don't want to. Those courses/programs are pretty specialized and I don't believe the number of students wanting them would support two programs in the entire state.

Exactly, why couldn't you? If NDSU wanted to provide both, why don't they?

I think it's because they don't want to. Those courses/programs are pretty specialized and I don't believe the number of students wanting them would support two programs in the entire state.

It sounds like there is enough of a need for two.

There's a reason, very likely a very good reason that NDSU doesn't provide those programs and doesn't make a stink about UND providing them.

Your previous post about duplication of services isn't correct. Wanting UND out of Fargo is not something that NDSU has requested/demanded/complained about. Before asking that UND get out of Fargo, I would first look at need, availability of the services from NDSU and asking NDSU if they want to provide those services.

Potts needs to show some leadership in this situation. He needs to deal with it himself one on one with Chapman (which includes firing Chapman if he feels like he has to). If he doesn't have the authority to fire a president on his own, then apparently the Board is running the system and Potts position is not needed. We do really need some specifics on what Chapman did. Whatever it is, apparently the Board is not in full agreement with Potts, since at least one member wanted to accept Potts resignation right there at the Williston meeting.

Dirty, where do you work? :silly: I thought redwing77 said you were a shift supervisor at Burger King?

I could tell you, but then I'd have all these NDSU students visiting and begging me to teach them how to read and my time is much too valuable to do that.

Did you get your season tickets?

I don't know yet. I'm pretty sure I will, but they have to call me once they sort out all the people who renewed.

Yes NanoBison, exactly. Because I can seperate 10 slow fat guys, 5 tall fast guys, 2 short fast guys, 3 big guys and 1 guy with a strong arm running around on green carpet from the rest of my life. If they want to pay me money for doing something, I'm all for it. Sure it smelled pretty bad when I first started, but I've gotten used to it. Plus I think the smell has dissipated the "ladies" have gone home to graze for the summer.

Potts needs to show some leadership in this situation. He needs to deal with it himself one on one with Chapman (which includes firing Chapman if he feels like he has to). If he doesn't have the authority to fire a president on his own, then apparently the Board is running the system and Potts position is not needed. We do really need some specifics on what Chapman did. Whatever it is, apparently the Board is not in full agreement with Potts, since at least one member wanted to accept Potts resignation right there at the Williston meeting.

You have a good post and good points. I agree, but am not sure if Potts has issues with Chapman that could lead to him being fired, that he can share that with the public unless Chapman gives him permission. Maybe some of our legal experts can shed light. Either way it shouldn't be something that is aired in public. I am afraid that if there are those on the board who do not feel Chapman, Kupcella etc. answer to Potts.

All of you Sioux fans that are in favor of the D1 move have only one man to thank for the move, and you are all trashing him on this thread. It is Dr. Joseph Chapman. Without him NDSU doesn't make the move and without NDSU making the move, there is no way in he@@ UND goes. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

All of you Sioux fans that are in favor of the D1 move have only one man to thank for the move, and you are all trashing him on this thread. It is Dr. Joseph Chapman. Without him NDSU doesn't make the move and without NDSU making the move, there is no way in he@@ UND goes. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

In that case ndsu should be ever thankful of the man who created the impetus that led to ndsu's division I move and honor Roger Thomas for building the Sioux football teams that ruined ndsu's football dynasty by consistently beating their ass and turning them into the also- rans they were their last few years in D-II football.

We get it, you worship Chapman.

I will be the first one to admit that he has done good things for NDSU. I know many people that work for SU and they all think he is great. But if he isn't following orders from a superior, or following the chain of command, or if he is doing something else that is wrong then he should face the proper consequences. Whether he has done anything wrong or not has yet to be determined.

As far as the move to DI, if the SU's hadn't moved when they did then it is a strong possibility that UND wouldn't be going now. They would probably all still be in the NCC and DII. Or they may have been looking at all moving together. But you are correct, Chapman's decision several years ago was a factor in UND's decision this month. Only time will tell if this was really a good thing for either school.

Friday at 11am the Board is having a teleconference to determine Potts future as head of the Board. I think all the chapman blasting by some was misguided and Potts should have handeled all this in house. Now he maybe searching for a new job. Trying to strongarm the Board and Chapman may just have backfired on him.