SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie: Man of the Year nomination

PCM

A Washington newspaper makes T.J. Oshie one of four finalists for its Man of the Year in Sports honor.

Herald Man of the Year Finalist: T.J. Oshie

The Herald announces its first candidate for the 2005 Man of the Year in Sports. Over the next three days three more men will be revealed. The 2005 winners, who are selected in balloting by previous winners of the award, will be announced on Sunday.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Washington newspaper makes T.J. Oshie one of four finalists for its Man of the Year in Sports honor.

The Herald announces its first candidate for the 2005 Man of the Year in Sports. Over the next three days three more men will be revealed. The 2005 winners, who are selected in balloting by previous winners of the award, will be announced on Sunday.

"I never really thought I was going to (get) this far," Oshie said. "Up to my sophomore year of high school, I was just playing for fun."

Holy Smokes. Imagine if he actually TRIED. :ohmy:

Watching TJ on the ice after the HC win, showed me what a great kid he is. As they announced the games MVPs, etc., he was grinning ear to ear as the names were announced, he patted his teammates on the back, shoulder, etc. and acted as pleased for them as if he had won the award. If this is what the youngsters who see him as a role model to aspire to, there's no need to look further that TJ Oshie.

TJ is a great player and a great team player. His stats are proof of that.

Good luck, TJ.

There's no mistaking how great TJ is as a person. When we were at the autograph session at the Ralph after the Frozen Four, I asked him for a pic with my 10 year old....who stood about three feet away from TJ totally in awe of him. TJ put his arm around him and told him to come in closer......

Actions speak louder than words, and I thought that single action spoke volumes about what kind of person he is.

I agree, TJ is one heck of a guy. He has signed sticks and etc left and right. He's always honing over his little sister who is 2. Very family oriented man. Little kids in Washington have a new hero, it's so cute! :ohmy:

I remember one time, Brasky took his family to SeaWorld...They were watching Shamu the whale and Brasky got splashed.

So Brasky yells, 'I'm Bill Brasky and no one gets me wet!' So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, 'Now how do you like it?'

And then damn if Brasky didn't step in there and finish the show.

I remember one time, Brasky took his family to SeaWorld...They were watching Shamu the whale and Brasky got splashed.

So Brasky yells, 'I'm Bill Brasky and no one gets me wet!' So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, 'Now how do you like it?'

And then damn if Brasky didn't step in there and finish the show.

:D

It looks like Oshie has a legitimate shot at getting The Herald Man of the Year here in Everett, WA. They've featured all the candidates and it looks like it going down to Oshie and John Brockman, a local basketball prep athlete now a Washington Husky. If they consider what was done in 2005, Oshie solidified his case by leading Warroad HS to it's first undefeated season (29-0-2) in its storied history; capturing his 2nd of two MN State Class A championships, scored 37G+63A=100 points his senior year; played 11 games for the Sioux Falls Stampede in USHL; was the 24th Overall pick by the St. Louis Blues in NHL Entry Draft; represented Team USA in World Jr. Championships as was selected by head coach Walt Kyle as his MVP; and had a steller frosh season w/ UND.

If he doesn't get it, it sounds like another Phil Kessel situation where the kid has been under the radar again like usual. But if he does, finally he will get the recognition he deserves back home in Everett as one of it's native sons who has burst upon the sports scene nationally.

It looks like Oshie has a legitimate shot at getting The Herald Man of the Year here in Everett, WA. They've featured all the candidates and it looks like it going down to Oshie and John Brockman, a local basketball prep athlete now a Washington Husky. If they consider what was done in 2005, Oshie solidified his case by leading Warroad HS to it's first undefeated season (29-0-2) in its storied history; capturing his 2nd of two MN State Class A championships, scored 37G+63A=100 points his senior year; played 11 games for the Sioux Falls Stampede in USHL; was the 24th Overall pick by the St. Louis Blues in NHL Entry Draft; represented Team USA in World Jr. Championships as was selected by head coach Walt Kyle as his MVP; and had a steller frosh season w/ UND.

If he doesn't get it, it sounds like another Phil Kessel situation where the kid has been under the radar again like usual. But if he does, finally he will get the recognition he deserves back home in Everett as one of it's native sons who has burst upon the sports scene nationally.

Information filled post from a fan...are you his Mom or sister? :D

I agree, TJ is one heck of a guy. He has signed sticks and etc left and right. He's always honing over his little sister who is 2. Very family oriented man. Little kids in Washington have a new hero, it's so cute! :D

I went to a High School game over in Crookston when Warroad came down to play them last winter. Osh came to cheer on his old team and had kids coming up to him all game asking for autographs, and he signed one for everyone that asked for one