SiouxSports.com Forum

Dru trial

Greybeard

I guess everyone dies when their number is up. You certainly wouldn't die when your number wasn't up!

The trick here is to speed up the date when his number IS up.

I am amazed how quickly this is moving along once the initial trial started. Huge wait before, quick trial and deliberations, quick summaries. Now, unfortunately, with any appeals (of course) the wait may be much, much longer than the wait for the trial.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figure of speech, he'll be marinated then......

Yeah, but I'm confused as to the meaning of "original." I seem to recall that, before using the electric chair or lethal injection, they used a hanging. In the past people (not necessarily the US) used an executioner (either with a big axe or with a guillotine). So, if we speak of the "original recipe" will the jury have to consult history books? :silly:???

I just hate the thought of him getting Life - Be like sending him home (or go sit in the corner) :silly:

jloos is the ND pen easier time than many other places ? - I have a cousin that is a Gaurd there & I know it's old & over crowded - But I think they are treated pretty good & it is not as dangerous as many other places could be

I can't help but believe that Rodrig-ass' family has endured a tremendous amount of pain brought on by Rodrig-ass and while his death will be hard for them at first, it will also put an end to all the on going horror that he has perpetuated on them as well.

Please do not take this post as a whose family has been/will be hurt the most. I just feel sorry for Rodrig-ass' family as well. I don't know what I would do if one of my own was a 'non-human'.

http://www.startribune.com/10086/story/662155.html

For its part, the government is trying to block testimony from Rodriguez's relatives and friends that they love him or that his death would have negative impact on them. Such testimony would be irrelevant and not proper litigation, according to a government filing.

Yeah, but I'm confused as to the meaning of "original." I seem to recall that, before using the electric chair or lethal injection, they used a hanging. In the past people (not necessarily the US) used an executioner (either with a big axe or with a guillotine). So, if we speak of the "original recipe" will the jury have to consult history books? :silly:???

I guess I don't care as long as he is sentenced to death. Or dies at the hands of another prisoner with nothing to lose. Maybe choking on something that was put in his throat by taking the long way there.

I'm all for the deterrance created when someone dies by lethal injection. Sentencing someone to die could actually save someone else's life-if the person thinking about committing the crime doesn't do it, because they see they could end up dying for it. If that makes any sense.

jloos is the ND pen easier time than many other places ?

I doubt very much that Rodriguez will ever do any time in the ND penitentiary. As jloos said, if he gets the death sentence, he'll be at the federal prison in Terra Haute, IN.

The (Federal) Bureau (of Prisons) is also responsible for carrying out all judicially mandated federal executions (other than those carried out under military law) in the United States, and maintains the federal lethal injection chamber in Terra Haute, Indiana.

If he gets life, he'll either be in a federal facility or some far-off state pen where nobody's likely to know him.

I doubt very much that Rodriguez will ever do any time in the ND penitentiary. As jloos said, if he gets the death sentence, he'll be at the federal prison in Terra Haute, IN.

If he gets life, he'll either be in a federal facility or some far-off state pen where nobody's likely to know him.

Yep - he will not see the inside of the State Pen. I have only been to the ND State Pen a few times. It is unlike other prisons I have worked with in that it has different "levels" within the prison. The highest security part is no picnic, the lowest is like a college dorm.

It looks like the jury is going to give him the needle, which means Indiana. If he was sentenced to life, chances are he would end up in Leavenworth Kansas, or the supermax federal prison in Colorado.

I guess I don't care as long as he is sentenced to death. Or dies at the hands of another prisoner with nothing to lose. Maybe choking on something that was put in his throat by taking the long way there.

I'm all for the deterrance created when someone dies by lethal injection. Sentencing someone to die could actually save someone else's life-if the person thinking about committing the crime doesn't do it, because they see they could end up dying for it. If that makes any sense.

I don

On tonights news when discussing the penalty phase, they mentioned that rodrigass agreed to plead guilty last March and agreed not to appeal his sentence. They didn't come out and say it but I think it was contingent on his not getting the death penalty.

They showed a picture of him and eerily went from a far shot to close up of it. His face filled the televison screen. He looked so frighteningly evil that I had to shut off the television.

Today I heard that the defense was going to bring up the arguement that the farm chemicals that AR was exposed to as a young child/man, may have caused brain damage. They will use this to argue against him getting the death penalty.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/i...mp;property_id=

They started the farm chemicals argument yesterday in court.

Today I heard that the defense was going to bring up the arguement that the farm chemicals that AR was exposed to as a young child/man, may have caused brain damage. They will use this to argue against him getting the death penalty.

According to this article in the Herald, the ag chemical theory was brought up yesterday. His mother testified:

She would work in the fields on her knees when she was pregnant with her first child, Sylvia, and second, Alfonso, who was born in 1953 in Laredo, Texas, Dolores Rodriguez said. Under Ney's questioning, she described how spray planes coated the fields with pesticides and how her laundry on the line, including her babies' diapers, would get sticky from it.
EDIT: The Forum also reported this from today's testimony by Rodriguez's sister:

She also described how she and her brothers would play in the ditches and fields near Crookston, Minn., while their parents worked. They hid when planes flew overhead to spray chemicals, but the substances would land on their skin and turn sticky, like juice from a melted Popsicle.

D

Even if Rodriguez gets life instead of the death penalty, I hope the jury doesn't buy that crap.

I mean, if I dig hard enough, through these kinds of reasoning, I could get out of just about anything by whatever my mother, or myself, came into contact with for a period of time sometime in the past.

Did you know the home my parents lived in when I was born had asbestos insulation and lead painted walls? I wonder what crimes I can commit that I could blame that on? :hypocrite:

I know this is a snap judgement and our legal "staff" will probably disagree with me but: There is no such thing as a sane murderer. No such thing. Rodriguez raped and killed someone. What's sane about that? The fact of the matter is, no matter how crazy Rodriguez is, he still committed those horrific acts. And the acts are what is being judged here, not his childhood.

There are WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korea, Desert Storm etc. veterens out there who have endured way more in their lifetimes than farm chemicals and they don't go out and commit premeditated rape and murder......for cripes sake.

Cry me a river.

Too bad Alphonso wasn't a miscarriage.

Yeah, that's right HockeyMom, tell us how you really feel.