SiouxSports.com Forum

Season Tickets

cjsol

Umm, that's pretty ridiculous. You can't send something out a week before payment is due. On the plus side this could improve my seat since a bunch of people could not get their payment in on time. It's all about me. ;):)

The X-generation!!!

I'll call again tomorrow and try to talk to someone that knows more than the girl who knew not much.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called and talked to another young lady, this one knew something.

Invoices were mailed out Monday, May 22, 2006 and payment is due June 15, 2006.

Watch those mail boxes!! Not much time to get the check in the mail. I know if I don't mail it out the day I get it, I will forget!! Damn its a bit$h getting old! (No comments, Dirty!)

Watch those mail boxes!! Not much time to get the check in the mail. I know if I don't mail it out the day I get it, I will forget!! Damn its a bit$h getting old! (No comments, Dirty!)

Bet you can remember things from 1970 like it was yesterday. Now if you could just remember this morning :)

Mine came today. No discount this year for FSC members.

Did not raise ticket prices, just removed the discount. Great deal for the FSC members.

By the way, 1970 does seem like just yesterday!

Did not raise ticket prices, just removed the discount. Great deal for the FSC members.

Got mine today, same seats!! Hurray!!! Now to get the check in the mail before I forget or think that I already sent the check in because my yesterday memory is better than my today memory. :)

It says in the letter that they didn't raise prices for the 3rd straight year, but my check will be bigger.

Just call it what it is..............a price increase for a lot of people.

All this does is screw the bigger supporter of UND sports. When are people going to start opening their eyes to that this department is going in the wrong way.Yes this gets more people to get tickets ,but you are pissing off the big supporter that is in the diamond and emeral club that buy 12 or more tickets. That person know is only going to go to the lower level and buy less tickets. :);) This is the wrong way to raise money to get out of the RED.

All this does is screw the bigger supporter of UND sports. When are people going to start opening their eyes to that this department is going in the wrong way.Yes this gets more people to get tickets ,but you are pissing off the big supporter that is in the diamond and emeral club that buy 12 or more tickets. That person know is only going to go to the lower level and buy less tickets. :);) This is the wrong way to raise money to get out of the RED.

I'm not following what you are trying to say. Help me here.

You still have to be Diamond or Emerald club to buy "behind the benches", right? Now, instead of last year's option to buy 6 seats at full price, 6 seats at reduced price now it's option to buy 12 seats at full price?

If that's the case, if the person doesn't want all 12 behind the benches, can't UND sell another Diamond or Emerald membership and sell the unclaimed (by the first member's) seats behind the benches?

Before:

Diamond Member A: six full, six reduced.

Now:

Diamond Member A: say only goes for 8 full (not all 12 as last year, because of no reduction).

Diamond Member B (new member!): buys 4(?) at full.

I guess I see a new Diamond Club member in FSC in that deal.

What am I not seeing in that scenario (if it's right)?

You still have to be Diamond or Emerald club to buy "behind the benches", right? Now, instead of last year's option to buy 6 seats at full price, 6 seats at reduced price now it's option to buy 12 seats at full price?

If that's the case, if the person doesn't want all 12 behind the benches, can't UND sell another Diamond or Emerald membership and sell the unclaimed (by the first member's) seats behind the benches?

Before:

Now:

Diamond Member A: say only goes for 8 full (not all 12 as last year, because of no reduction).

Not trying to disagree with you, but if a person wants to be a Diamond or Emerald club member, there will be seate for them.

.. if a person wants to be a Diamond or Emerald club member, there will be seate for them.

What you just said is, "Sun rises in the east." :)

I'm just trying to find what part of this "Driveforshow" has a problem with so I can understand their point of view.

I'd be shocked if there are people who want to be diamond members, but aren't due to ticket availability. I don't think this will mint any new diamond members, simply further bleed cash from those that already are.

One really has to wonder about the deal with REA if we can be bringing in probably 10x the revenue for hockey tickets that we were at the old arena and still be in the red. Concessions and pro shop sales also have to be up considerably. Where is the money going? There's no way that women's hockey drains that much.

I'd be shocked if there are people who want to be diamond members, but aren't due to ticket availability. I don't think this will mint any new diamond members, simply further bleed cash from those that already are.

The benefit of being a FSC member has steadily gone down for quite some time now. At this point, I'm going to be paying $1,100 / year for the "right" to buy my tickets for $1,500, along with improved parking. After I take my ticket money and buy a few select single game seats, how many taxi fares will $1,100 buy? As the gouging continues, I wouldn't be surprised to see them turn the REA parking lots into pay lots in the coming years.

But here's what's telling in the letter from "Tom Bruning, Director of Athletics":

Due to growing demand for season and single game tickets and the necessity to grow revenue for the Athletic Department...

Part one of that sentence tells it all: "Take your loyalty and donation and stuff it -- there's plenty more where you came from!" Dude needs to learn something about marketing.

At my wife's urging, I'll be renewing, but I'm not very happy about it.

I received my invoice in the mail today, same price as last year for me, so I guess I didn't get any discounts in prior years to be missing out on this year :). Same seats in upper bowl section 306, so i'm happy. Due date is June 15.

They have to pay the bills.

I'm sure none of us are happy about ever-increasing costs, and that includes Tom Buning.

I'll be happy to help with the bills, as I have for many years now. But while it sounds callous, I really don't give a damn about "growing demand for season and single game tickets."

Yes, I'm going to renew... like probably 99% of the people that got the renewal form in the mail. But even mentioning demand for tickets in a Season Ticket Renewal Letter is pretty stupid if you ask me. And to list it as a reason the costs will increase is pretty much biting the hand that feeds you.

I agree with adjensen.

Dude needs to learn something about marketing.

Before:

Now:

How many people do you know that are waiting in line to pay 10,000.00 to 20,000.00 dollars to be a Diamond or Emerald member to set behind the bench. You are better to pay for Varsity club and set behind the net. Look up on the web site and see how many people belong to the big club's. If you are a owner like Wes Rydell and you get 12 tickets a year and give away 6 tickets to you'r people that work for you because you have the extra tickets.I would think that their might be 10 to 15 people that own 12 or more seats for the hockey so now you are making those very few supporters like Rydell to pay more money for tickets. Which is WRONG, because all he is going to do is buy less tickets then the people that can not pay for tickets get the shaft and in the long run KIDS suffer. I would guess that WES gives over a 100,000.00 a year to support UND sports and you only making him pay more money because of a program that can not find a way to make money.Do you think that Buning set up the game with N IOWA because it was the best thing for our football TEAM or was it for the MONEY. Their are not very many big supporters in GRAND FORKS that are going to keep dishing out money to UND, so they better find a way to make money and stop asking from the same people.

i wonder where i am on the list?? can i just call and get where i am at? im actually packing up in a month here in AZ and moving to lakeville, mn so i will be right in the middle of SIOUX HOCKEY living in the cities which i am so friken pumped about....bye bye 115 degree (and 75 degree winter days :) ) and hello -10 degrees ;) ...thank god for sioux hockey or i would be questioning this decision like crazy ;)

i wonder where i am on the list?? can i just call and get where i am at? im actually packing up in a month here in AZ and moving to lakeville, mn so i will be right in the middle of SIOUX HOCKEY living in the cities which i am so friken pumped about....bye bye 115 degree (and 75 degree winter days :) ) and hello -10 degrees ;) ...thank god for sioux hockey or i would be questioning this decision like crazy ;)

Good luck with the move I have family in lakeville and they are huge UND fans.

Let's say you're a Diamond member.

Last year --

Membership: $11000

6 at full: $2130

6 at reduced: $1600 (rounded to nearest $10)

Total: $14730

This year --

Membership: $11000

Total: $15260

That's an increase of $530, or 3.6%. I'm not a Diamond member; I can't speak for them; but, in that scale, is that that big of a deal?

Let's look at Coaches (who I think take the bigger hit):

Last year --

Membership: $1100

2 at full: $710

2 at reduced: $530 (rounded to nearest $10)

Total: $2340

This year --

Membership: $1100

Total: $2520

That's an increase of just $180, but 7.7% for Coaches members.

Another scenario:

If last year's posted "$355" for a ticket would be $370 to $385 (4 to 8%), would that be as big of an issue?

I'm trying to understand the thoughts and emotions in this from all Sioux fans.

I'm in Coaches Club. The prices changed, and I'm still paying it. My thought here is, I'm going to see my favorite team play hockey (and football). It's a weekend of entertainment for my family and we love it. If you are concerned about the prices, you have a choice. Pay it or not. It's just like the gas pump or going out to eat. Prices go up. It's a fact of life. :)

On the other hand...I haven't raised the prices of pizza in about 5 years, so save some money and have Papa Murphy's before the game! ;)