SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford probably gone

BB9

I believe you're right about the possibility of Stafford signing. I've felt all along that Smaby, Zajac and Stafford were the three highest flight-risk players on UND's roster this year. Two have already confirmed everyone's worst fears of leaving for the pros, and I also feel strongly that Stafford signs. After him I think the pipeline will end, I don't think any of the freshmen are ready for the physical and mental grind of an 80-game season plus playoffs, Parise said he guarantees he'll be back next year. But, until an official statement on Stafford or any others who haven't signed yet; we can all hope that we're wrong in our predictions.

On a side-note, Earl of Wisconsin is no longer a Badger. He signed last night with Toronto and will report to their AHL affiliate this weekend but possibly may skate for the Leafs Sunday. Congrats and best wishes to the best diver in all of college hockey. :D Hope he has many successful dives in the pros as he did in college. :glare:

I believe you're right about the possibility of Stafford signing. I've felt all along that Smaby, Zajac and Stafford were the three highest flight-risk players on UND's roster this year. Two have already confirmed everyone's worst fears of leaving for the pros, and I also feel strongly that Stafford signs. After him I think the pipeline will end, I don't think any of the freshmen are ready for the physical and mental grind of an 80-game season plus playoffs, Parise said he guarantees he'll be back next year. But, until an official statement on Stafford or any others who haven't signed yet; we can all hope that we're wrong in our predictions.

On a side-note, Earl of Wisconsin is no longer a Badger. He signed last night with Toronto and will report to their AHL affiliate this weekend but possibly may skate for the Leafs Sunday. Congrats and best wishes to the best diver in all of college hockey. :D Hope he has many successful dives in the pros as he did in college. :glare:

I WONT BELIEVE IT UNTIL I CAN SEE IT ON PAPER! I JUST WONT! ;) ( or in this case a link)

I, for one, will be surprised if Drew stays. Whoever doubts this must live in a bubble made of cherry Kool-Aid.

Let me be the first to say, Good luck in the big time Drew!! I look forwards to your between period solo,

FABIAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Wait so Stafford is close to signing a record deal for Red Seal Peach, keep me up to date on the possible tour. I ca't wait to see the sold out REA go crazy for them.

I gave the Red Seal Peach link to my 26 year old daughter and she told me she heard a "horrible noise" coming out of her computer. :glare: It was just Fabian.

According to Stafford at the Meet & Greet, Red Seal Peach is close to signing a record deal except they are torn between two record groups. I can't remember which ones he mentioned, but I want to say Sony was one of them. The band is torn between who to sign their record deal with. I really think Stafford will sign with Buffalo and also his band will sign a record deal. Stafford will be raking in the dough, he's close to signing two big-time contracts.

According to Stafford at the Meet & Greet, Red Seal Peach is close to signing a record deal except they are torn between two record groups. I can't remember which ones he mentioned, but I want to say Sony was one of them. The band is torn between who to sign their record deal with. I really think Stafford will sign with Buffalo and also his band will sign a record deal. Stafford will be raking in the dough, he's close to signing two big-time contracts.

That would be a joke :sad: Those guys have a great sense of humor, but the music is absolutely terrible.

At the beginning of this season everyone knew it would be the last one for Stafford and Smaby. The "inside information" claimed here is called "common knowledge".

The only thing these boys are gonna be signing are hockey contracts. Their music is fun but won't go beyond the "let's get together and 'make noise" stage. :sad:

FABIAAAANNNNN!!!!!

That would be a joke :sad: Those guys have a great sense of humor, but the music is absolutely terrible.

At the beginning of this season everyone knew it would be the last one for Stafford and Smaby. The "inside information" claimed here is called "common knowledge".

That was my impression of the songs that I heard I thought maybe it was a generation gap thing and that they were the latest faze but I see there are a few people like me that feel the same way.

I WONT BELIEVE IT UNTIL I CAN SEE IT ON PAPER! I JUST WONT! :( ( or in this case a link)

Yeah, what he said. I am surprised it isn't done yet. I had heard that Buffalo's GM is a thrifty and that we should expect a lot of money being thrown out. But I think I am just grasping at straws here.

According to Finley, he recently just said that the team has lost everyone who's going to leave early. From the impression I got from him was that Zajac and Smaby will be the only early departures and that Stafford, Parise and Spirko will all be back next year. Here's hoping that he is speaking truth from the heart.

Also said the entire team is sticking around the entire summer to work out all summer long and continue working towards next season. Developing a bond between the current guys and the incoming boys, here's to a hopeful great year next season. The boys must have a sour taste in their mouths if they're all staying around for the summer to work out. A good sign of maturity, let's be thankful for the kind of team we have here at UND. Incredible class-act guys all the way down the roster, great with the fans and hard-working as they come.

According to Finley, he recently just said that the team has lost everyone who's going to leave early. From the impression I got from him was that Zajac and Smaby will be the only early departures and that Stafford, Parise and Spirko will all be back next year. Here's hoping that he is speaking truth from the heart.

Also said the entire team is sticking around the entire summer to work out all summer long and continue working towards next season. Developing a bond between the current guys and the incoming boys, here's to a hopeful great year next season. The boys must have a sour taste in their mouths if they're all staying around for the summer to work out. A good sign of maturity, let's be thankful for the kind of team we have here at UND. Incredible class-act guys all the way down the roster, great with the fans and hard-working as they come.

I guess only time will tell how this pans out. Why not stay around all summer and skate at the ralph? Its the best facility in all of hockey pro and college. Why not help out with the youth Hockey camps and lift weights? They have the best weight room in the WCHA. You can assume that they will only get better, meaner and more hungrier (sp). I am for encouraging that.

On Losing. Your probably right the players must have a bad taste in their mouth that wont go away, most athletes hate losing. Most of us have experienced losing in some form or another, and we all know that it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Some of your know the one you have after a night of smoking cigars, drinking beer and wiskey all night long, yuck. The hair of the dog that bit you.