SiouxSports.com Forum

Waiting for Milwaukee

Sioux-cia

I don't know about the rest of you but this wait is excruciating for me!!

My bag is almost all packed, I've been pulling my tickets out every 15 minutes and starring at them for 15 minutes before puttting them away again, I've had to print my itinerary out several times because I'm wearing the paper out by reviewing every single item several times a day, I'm on this forum continuously getting my 'hockey fix' because if I'm not I start to shake, sweat, drool and talk to myself.......

Is there something wrong with me?! :love:

My bag is almost all packed, I've been pulling my tickets out every 15 minutes and starring at them for 15 minutes before puttting them away again, I've had to print my itinerary out several times because I'm wearing the paper out by reviewing every single item several times a day, I'm on this forum continuously getting my 'hockey fix' because if I'm not I start to shake, sweat, drool and talk to myself.......

Is there something wrong with me?! :lol:

Nothing wrong :sad: i guess but seriosly im not even going and the days arnt going fast enough 6 days yet!!! why cant it be tonight!! All next week im wearing Sioux (not any different than the rest of the year) but i just cant wait!!!!

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!

:love:

Ya gotta wonder why the NCAA pushes the Frozen Four back a week from basketball's Final Four. They're two different TV audiences and fan bases. I imagine they're hoping for additional press?

Let it be next Thursday already . . . drop the puck.

I for 1 am not coping very well. I checked the paper today for any hockey, only to see that the Wild play at 9PM.

However, some of us hockey fans from SU are planning to gather to watch the game on Thursday!

Is there something wrong with me?! :love:

You have a printer in your '63 Buick? :lol:

You have a printer in your '63 Buick? :sad:

Kinkos is only a half an hour walk away. If I put extra cardboard in my shoes,it's not too bad a walk and I can pick up some extra change if I keep my remember to bring my spray bottle and rags. :lol:

Ya gotta wonder why the NCAA pushes the Frozen Four back a week from basketball's Final Four. They're two different TV audiences and fan bases. I imagine they're hoping for additional press?

I will watch both the Final Four and Frozen Four. So, obviously it's not two different fan bases. I'm sure there are thousands of other people who are interested in both tournaments.

However, I do think it's ridiculous to wait two weeks to play the Frozen Four. It's like waiting two weeks for the Super Bowl. The people that schedule these events are just toying with our emotions. They like to see us in such agony.

It gives more time to make arrangements, line up tickets, etc. Besides, if it was the same weekend as the basketball final four, they would be terribly disappointed in the turnout for that event. :love:

It gives more time to make arrangements, line up tickets, etc. Besides, if it was the same weekend as the basketball final four, they would be terribly disappointed in the turnout for that event. :love:

I'd also imagine that it would have to do with rest. Some teams give everything they have and more at regionals just to advance to the Frozen Four. Short of injuries, it can take more than a week to fully rest up and to truly get back to full strength.

And if you were to point out that my team did not give much effort at REA last weekend far short of 'everything', that would...make me cry. I would cry. Don't make me cry. :lol::sad:

I'm anxious for the games, and I don't even get to go - that's just to watch it on tv! Of course I'll probably have to work during all of them (as usual), but there is something to be said for having large HD plasma tvs on every wall where you work. :love:

I have been ralaxing by hanging out in Florida with my brother(aka Floridasioux). Took in a couple spring training games, Twins/Orioles(We offered Liriano a ride, but he refused, jk), and Red Sox/Reds(as seen on Espn). Couple rounds of golf(Raptor Bay tomorrow!!!!!) and got my hockey fix tonight watching the Florida Everblades play the Pensacola Ice Pilots!! Everblades won 6-2, Steve Saviano(UNH) had 4 goals. Saw several ex college players including ex wcha players Luke Fulghum(DU), Dallas Steward(UAA), recently signed Rob Rankin from Mankato, Brendan cook from Bemidji and former Ice Shark, Former Green Waver and former mankato maverick nate Metcalf.

Geez, no game last night for the first Friday night since February 10, and only Friday night since early October, Thanksgiving and Christmas excepted. I woke up this morning still alive and fine.

The Friday night games are over for the year. One more big Saturday night game on the schedule coming up. We circled it in October.

Can't wait.

BTW, travel the interstates in Wisconsin at excessive speed at your own risk. The Wisconsin Highway Patrol are absolute bears, and will crack you hard for anything over about 68-69 mph.

Plan your travel time accordingly.

Geez, no game last night for the first Friday night since February 10, and only Friday night since early October, Thanksgiving and Christmas excepted. I woke up this morning still alive and fine.

The Friday night games are over for the year. One more big Saturday night game on the schedule coming up. We circled it in October.

Can't wait.

BTW, travel the interstates in Wisconsin at excessive speed at your own risk. The Wisconsin Highway Patrol are absolute bears, and will crack you hard for anything over about 68-69 mph.

Plan your travel time accordingly.

Slept surrounded by my Sioux gear, tossed and turned a bit but managed to get 3-4 hours of sleep. Is it Thursday yet?

Oh and those Wisconsin HP are really sneaky. Last time I drove throught the state, I saw the WHP driving decoy cars; a red Camero, a black BIG wheeled truck (don't know what else to call it), a white gramma car (forget what it was), all with flashing lights in their front grills and back windows. I only knew they were WHP because they had cars pulled over and were issuing tickets. I'm sure they have more in their "sneaky,gonna catch you no matter what" fleet. Be careful.

About an hour before bedtime, I fired up the DVD player and watched the Sioux smoke DU 6-2 earlier in the season. I slept like a baby. :lol:

EDIT: I'm not going to Milwaukee, but I am getting stressed out waiting for the puck to drop Thursday. :lol:

I'm so excited I don't even know what to do anymore!! I really like listening to the highlight clip that Chris made, it gets me pretty fired up in a hurry!! If I have more time on my hands, I like listening to the whole Crusader/Gopher game, the fire in the announcers' voices gets me going pretty good!! Man, Milwaukee won't come soon enough, and then I won't believe it when I'm there!! :lol:

SIOUX YEAH YEAH!!!

I'm actually thankful for that. If it were up to ESPN, I doubt they'd even care. With the seperation the NCAA could try to reap what little of overlap there is and maybe get a few that are just up for the whole experience. I know plenty of Sioux fans in Fargo here that are just as excited about the Sioux in Milwaukee as the upcoming Final Four. So it benefits them.

I think I may hybernate until Thursday afternoon......

I don't know what else to do.

I can't sleep, I can't stop talking about it, I can't stop thinking about it.

We will be here for the semis and in Milwaukee for the FINALS!!!

GO SIOUX!!!

I think I may hybernate until Thursday afternoon......

I don't know what else to do.

I can't sleep, I can't stop talking about it, I can't stop thinking about it.

We will be here for the semis and in Milwaukee for the FINALS!!!

GO SIOUX!!!

I am also having trouble sleeping. When I do fall asleep, I either dream about hockey, or reading messages on this message board. Is that a sign of addiction? I think I need to take a break after the season is over! To cope with lack of hockey this past week, and up until Thursday, I'm watching games from the West Regionals and Final Five again. I think I've seen the last 4 games about 7 to 8 times each now!

I am also having trouble sleeping. When I do fall asleep, I either dream about hockey, or reading messages on this message board. Is that a sign of addiction? I think I need to take a break after the season is over! To cope with lack of hockey this past week, and up until Thursday, I'm watching games from the West Regionals and Final Five again. I think I've seen the last 4 games about 7 to 8 times each now!

Nope, people with addictions have support groups.... Oh, wait....

Hello, my name is Sioux-cia and I am a Fighting Sioux Hockey addict.

Oh my freakin' god! Armed Forces TV is going to carry the semifinal games too! Tape delayed though. Now I'm debating if I am gonna follow the game here on the thread or wait and watch. I know there are at least 2 other SS.com posters here in the AOR so at 1100 hrs (Qatar time) on Friday the games will be shown on AFN Sports with the Wisc/Maine game immediately afterwards. I'm thinking of sliding off to the conference room and watch it on the projection system, 84+ inches with surround sound! When we advance to the championship, that game will be live at 0200 on Sunday morning.

I also found out when I was talking to my wife that her parents and brother are going to Milwaukee, why do all the good things happen when I am over here?

Since last Saturday night I too have been very anxious for the games to begin. I have been surfing only about 5 or 6 websites looking for college hockey stories and such. What's up with GPL, I still get that error screen when I try to get in?

For all you going to Milwaukee, enjoy and have fun and be safe in your travels. For all you staying home and watching the games, post OFTEN, for some of us it is the ONLY way we can "see" the Sioux play, although this time we will have at least tape delay.