SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

Forecheck:

I would still be up for one of the other non-first-time-ever-in-the-history-of-the-ncaa-ice-hockey-tourney-that-a-four-seed-beat-a-one-seed-jersey. Understand your moving situation and all. Should we contact the person ourselves? I'm going to ride my Harley to the Sioux practice in about three hours.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, now I might, just might, actually go back to the Mooch. After our despicable loss to Ferris State and our treatment that weekend, I said I've never go back. Now I have protection.

Superman cape and outfit = Holy Cross Game Worn Jersey :D:D:D

So now instead of seeing a bunch of green jerseys at Mariucci next season we're gonna see a bunch of people wearing "bible thumper" jerseys? ;):D

That will make a point though, hopefully by that point of the season most fans will have forgotten or tried to forget about that game but wearing those jerseys will place the daggers in the same place they were March 24th. :D

You guys and gals are brutal. :D

You have it admit it pretty funny to see 16 pages of Holy Cross love. ;)

My biggest fear is they are doing too much crowing too soon, similar to the Gophers fan who made the "Mike Eaves noose" on Ebay.

You have it admit it pretty funny to see 16 pages of Holy Cross love. ;)

My biggest fear is they are doing too much crowing too soon, similar to the Gophers fan who made the "Mike Eaves noose" on Ebay.

Who is 'they'? I have absolute faith that next season will be an entirely new one with the National Champion as much in the air as this year.

Crowing too soon? The Sioux haven't lost, the Gophers did. I revel in the fact that HC got to take a small program and beat one of the biggest. Yes, it's nice that it happened to the gophers. But, seriously if HC had beaten the Sioux/Michigan/Denver/BU/BC first round it wouldn't have the same effect around the college hockey world.

Crowing too soon? The Sioux haven't lost, the Gophers did. I revel in the fact that HC got to take a small program and beat one of the biggest. Yes, it's nice that it happened to the gophers. But, seriously if HC had beaten the Sioux/Michigan/Denver/BU/BC first round it wouldn't have the same effect around the college hockey world.

I have to disagree with you there, you mean to tell me that BU and BC aren't storied programs? Even the Sioux and Michigan, I think it would have had about the same impact. You just say that because you love to see the Gophers lose, which is understandable, this is a Sioux board.

Just my opinion, so it doesn't mean much. :D

But, seriously if HC had beaten the Sioux/Michigan/Denver/BU/BC first round it wouldn't have the same effect around the college hockey world.

It had the effect because Minnesota (pre-Final Five) was the presumptive favorite down the stretch to win it this year.

I have to disagree with you there, you mean to tell me that BU and BC aren't storied programs? Even the Sioux and Michigan, I think it would have had about the same impact. You just say that because you love to see the Gophers lose, which is understandable, this is a Sioux board.

Just my opinion, so it doesn't mean much.

Grand Forks - the only place where all this excitement is brewing - is not the college hockey world.

No, I wasn't talking about the 'excitement brewing in a positive sense. More of a event, #16 knocks off #2. What I meant with the comparison's of programs was this; Minn is probably the most successful program of all time. The college hockey world knows it. All the teams I listed are storied programs, and that's why I listed them. None better than the others when you look at the big picture. Sure some have more championships, stronger ties to NHL, west/east, whatever. They all have history and great ones at that. When it all boils down, I'll never say who is the best of all time because it's all relative. I love the Sioux.

No, I wasn't talking about the 'excitement brewing in a positive sense. More of a event, #16 knocks off #2. What I meant with the comparison's of programs was this; Minn is probably the most successful program of all time. The college hockey world knows it.

Not mention:

Scholarships

Minnesota: 18

Holy Cross: 0

Drafted NHL players

Minnesota: 13

Holy Cross: 0

Really?? My biggest fear is being stabbed in the kidneys in a dark alley. :D:D

It might take a day or two to find out which numbers are available of the past season jerseys. The person I've talked to in the athletic dept. said she'd have to go down to the rink herself when she has time to make a list. I'll go back and make a list of people who said they'd like one of these jerseys when my hangover backs off a little. :D

Really?? My biggest fear is being stabbed in the kidneys in a dark alley. :D:D

It might take a day or two to find out which numbers are available of the past season jerseys. The person I've talked to in the athletic dept. said she'd have to go down to the rink herself when she has time to make a list. I'll go back and make a list of people who said they'd like one of these jerseys when my hangover backs off a little. :D

Forecheck, If you are still making a list for jerseys, I think I'd like one, too. Thanks for all of your work on this project. I'll cheer for you in Milwaukee, and Sioux-cia and I will drink one for you, too. ;)

Grand Forks - the only place where all this excitement is brewing - is not the college hockey world. :D

I consider the following to be pretty representative of the college hockey world -

"Watershed moment for college hockey" - CHN front page

"one of the most stunning upsets in the history of college hockey" - Scott Brown, USCHO

"That's the biggest upset I can remember in 20 years of college hockey" - Red Berenson to INCH

"The biggest upset in NCAA hockey history the media is saying. The media is right...." - Jupiter, GopherPuckLive.com

"Holy Cross' win was simply a great thing for college hockey." - Adam Woden, INCH

"The bottom line is that their win is good for college hockey. These [newer] teams, these leagues are getting better." - Don Lucia, USCHO

I wouldn't have been happy to have the breakout occur against my favorite team, either, but I think the excitement escaped a wee bit beyond the borders of Grand Forks.

I consider the following to be pretty representative of the college hockey world -

"Watershed moment for college hockey" - CHN front page

"one of the most stunning upsets in the history of college hockey" - Scott Brown, USCHO

"That's the biggest upset I can remember in 20 years of college hockey" - Red Berenson to INCH

"The biggest upset in NCAA hockey history the media is saying. The media is right...." - Jupiter, GopherPuckLive.com

"Holy Cross' win was simply a great thing for college hockey." - Adam Woden, INCH

"The bottom line is that their win is good for college hockey. These [newer] teams, these leagues are getting better." - Don Lucia, USCHO

I wouldn't have been happy to have the breakout occur against my favorite team, either, but I think the excitement escaped a wee bit beyond the borders of Grand Forks.

There you go again Jim, letting the facts get in the way of a good arguement. ;)

I wore my Fighting Sioux Jersey to class at the U of M last Saturday. I got a few negative comments to which I replied, "Holy Cross?" One person in a class with me saw me walk in and immediately said, "Don't start with me today..." :D I told him, "It could be worse, or no wait, actually I'm this is as bad as it gets. Well unless Kessel transfers to Madison" :D

You ever notice how certain people suck the sense of humor out of others. :D

Yeah, cuz I'm such a bad guy. :D :D It was a joke. Of course I realize that game was 'heard' around the hockey community, but we wouldn't be fans of our respective programs if we didn't take good-natured jabs at each other once in a while. I wasn't being literal, but unforunately that doesn't seem to be the case for a few others. ;)