Sejna, Peter (F, Colorado College) 46 28 31 345

Umberger, R.J. (C, Ohio State) 54 14 11 323

Brown, Mike (G, Ferris State) 3 67 5 221

LeNeveu, Dave (G, Cornell) 17 20 14 159

Malone, Ryan (F, St. Cloud State) 27 6 5 158

Clarke, Noah (F, Colorado College) 40 32 152

Ortmeyer, Jed (F, Michigan) 21 9 20 152

B

I hope the voting for Kevin is a response to that USCHO poster's thread (I think he's a Ferris State fan).

Although I've read it for years, I have not taken the liberty of registering on it in order to post things on the USCHO Board. The comment from the original poster on that site demanding that Sioux fans stop stuffing the ballot by voting for Kevin Spiewak did get my goat, though. (And no offense to Kevin -- I didn't vote for him ... yet. That guy's post might make me, though ...) In any event, if any of you who do post on the USCHO Board feel like letting that guy know, below is a quote from the Hobey Baker website, itself, explaining part of the criteria for winning the award ...

The Hobey Baker Award represents more than just the top on-ice performer. Award criteria include strength of character on and off the rink along with scholastic achievements and sportsmanship

Kevin Spiewak was in the top 3 in the 1st. round of the voting. Right behind Brandon & Zach.

If the ballot box was being stuffed, I don't know who was doing it.

I posted on USCHO which I rarely do anymore. A top defensive forward should not be left out of the running because people feel the winner should be the top scorer in the country.

If your a fan of Kevin, give him your vote.

The Ferris poster has been a dufus before this thread, so I don't worry about it. I'd guess he helped get Spie some more votes.

And since you can vote just once for each player, tough to stuff the ballot box (unless you like to spend time with multiple registrations).

I gave both Spiewak and Notermann a vote, because both are deserving seniors, imo.

Right, but is there a thing that stops you from voting more than once per day??

Yeah, it only lets you vote once per day under each ID you use. They do have a specific warning on the site now that they're watching for people signing up for multiple IDs which makes it seem like they think there's been a problem.

How in the world would it be made obvious that a certain person is stuffing the ballots??

Possible software looking for duplicate email addresses and/or duplicate IP addresses that votes originate from

There are spys everywhere (paranoid?! Who Me? :0 )

BTW, Why people should care if I vote for the towel boy is beyond me. They are free to nominate whoever they like. If they complain enough they may succeed in getting the fan process completely cancelled, and I enjoy my virtually meaningless vote.