SiouxSports.com Forum

Music During HC/UND Pre-Game Highlights

MafiaMan

...you know how you get that song in your head that you just can't get out? I'm still trying to figure out the loud pre-player introduction music that was heard as Holy Cross/Minnesota and UND/UM highlights were being displayed on the jumbotron on Saturday night. Somebody help me out!

...you know how you get that song in your head that you just can't get out? I'm still trying to figure out the loud pre-player introduction music that was heard as Holy Cross/Minnesota and UND/UM highlights were being displayed on the jumbotron on Saturday night. Somebody help me out!

Can't remember it; could you hum a few bars ;)

MafiaMan, I have the Saturday night pregame song on my computer at home, but I won't be home until later this week. It's been on a lot of movie trailers, and if I remember correctly it can be found from some obscure movie, I just can't remember what movie. Check some of the movie trailer song sites and you might come across it.

MafiaMan, I have the Saturday night pregame song on my computer at home, but I won't be home until later this week. It's been on a lot of movie trailers, and if I remember correctly it can be found from some obscure movie, I just can't remember what movie. Check some of the movie trailer song sites and you might come across it.

It's almost Damien Thorne-esque in sound ("The Omen").

It might be from 'Excalibur'??

Not having been there, and going from the descriptions above, I would say:

Sirius (Alan Parsons Project) - used for a LOT of Sioux Intros, including the concept flyover videos of the Ralph (remember those?)

or

Oh, Fortuna (from the Carmina Burana) - used in Excalibur and many other...

...OK, that's enough obscure music geek for me...

So it was O Fortuna?

Too bad I wasn't there, I coulda named that one for you very easily.

I can totally see how that song, matched up with hockey highlights, could give anybody goosebumps.

It was definately O Fortuna. It is used in alot of movies during dramatic scenes.

Excellent choice.

It was really a very well put together pregame video. Whoever made it should be congratulated. I have heard more comments on it. Even my husband who was not the band geek I was commented on how neat that was.

THis is the same song that they have been playing all season long on all of the ads for the west regional and all of the other NCAA championship games and tournaments.

You may have had more advertising on TV in that area than where I live.

I've heard the song plenty of times, but I'm not up-to-date on classical music or the movie Excalibur. Posters are right about getting chills hearing that music paired with video and I appreciate my question being answered.

Thanks for the song. I posted this question on atmosphere at the ralph.

I'm currently downloading it from Real.

I thought it was a super-classy thing to do is have highlights from both games leading into the championship.

Thanks for the song. I posted this question on atmosphere at the ralph.

I'm currently downloading it from Real.

I thought it was a super-classy thing to do is have highlights from both games leading into the championship.

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only person looking for the music info, lol.

They would have to show highlights from both games to give the illusion of neutrality.

I make quite a few home movies with music backgrounds. When I hear a song that may go with a movie sometime I make a point of adding it to my library.

:) Sorry, but when I hear the words "home movies" and "music backgrounds," the O Fortuna doesn't come to mind. ;)