SiouxSports.com Forum

Prpich's salute to Sioux fans

PCM

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks PCM for posting the pic. I am technologically impaired!

This photo makes me weepy every time I look at it. As you know he's my favorite player. I love his spunk, sassy attitude, and blue collar work ethic. Other players will come and go, I'll have other favorites but Mike, you are and always will be number one with me. You're gonna be missed by the fans and your teammates.

I hope all your future dreams come true.

There is defintiely something to be said for a guy that all your opponent's fans hate! On a team stacked with first rounders, sometimes the play of your third and fourth liners gets overlooked. The play of Mike Prpich never got overlooked. Go out with a National Championship and solidify your rightful place of honor in Sioux hockey lore. The drink from the Denver goalie's water bottle is one of the greatest intimidation moves I've ever seen. I enjoyed every Prpich shift, and many times I would've loved to have had a microphone on him when he was grinning and talking to opposing players. One of the great characters in hockey. Thanks Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, Mike's a great player to watch. He was also the only player that came out Saturday after the game to greet my kids (giving away the broken sticks and signing autographs). I didn't think any players came out, 'cause everything was so calm--forgot he gives stuff to the kids who are quiet.

For a guy who's always talking on the ice, it's quite a contrast. Thanks for the memories, Prp! ;)

Mike all I can say is that I put you in the Sioux hockey lores that have shined on past players like

Archie and Eades. My entire family will miss you greatly, including my 11 year old granddaughter,

she always liked and pointed out how you were always there if another Sioux needed backing. :angry:

Best of luck, in every endeavor you pursue, especially the one coming up in Milwaukee. Oh yeah,

" GO SIOUX". :D

Mike's freshman year he gave my then 6 year old son his stick and signed it. We also got his Sioux hockey card and hung them on the wall in my little guys room - 4 years ago before he had a fan club! He has been a family favorite since and will definately be missed. He is the absolute perfect role model for kids - he never gives up, he always give it 100% and most importantly he has fun. I am proud to have held the "Prpich fan club" sign last year the Frozen 4 and "Practice Makes Prpich" sign this year.

Mike, your going to be missed..... I wish you had another 4 years here. Loved your style of play, grit, determination, physical play and what a character!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The drinking out of the Denver goalies water bottle was a classic. Best of luck in every thing you do......

Ditto's on all the wonderful comments about Mike. He's a go-getter and will go down as one of the hardest workers and biggest hearts of our fine Fighting Sioux hockey team. Your fabulous smirck will continue to make wonderful wallpaper on my computer...but would upgrade it for an NCAA Championship picture!!! Good luck in everything you do Mike.

Didn't their coach get thrown out of the game because he wanted the officials to make a call on that? Or am I mistaken?

That was the game. They gave poor Mike two minutes for that. Coach Hakstol said at the next Sioux boosters that Mike said it was completely unintentional. Hak said it was time to move on (that's what Hak said).

I think Gwoz was trying to get his team a little excited about the game by being thrown out.

Does anyone have a pic of Prpichs Fight with that dude from Duluth? anyone got a picture if u do send it to me plz and thankx

I would like to give a shout out to all fellow Sioux fans here on SiouxSports.com as a brand new poster of the Sioux hockey world. I just had a blast at the NCAA West Regional, my voice is extremely hoarse from all the yelling during the Holy Cross upset of the Golden Chokers. It was such a fantastic weekend, and I can't wait for the Frozen Four in two weeks. I'm in the process of finding tickets, but haven't found any yet. Hope to see the Sioux hang up banner #8 to the collection, and show the NCAA that the Sioux rule the Division I hockey world!!

I would also love to find a picture of that fight between Prpich and Marco Peluso of Minnesota-Duluth. I'll give my e-mail address to whoever says they've got the picture I'm looking for.

Thanks for all the awesome discussions on here, and Go Sioux!!

wakeboarding_crazed.

Me here again, I'm also just looking for whoever has the video clip of Prpich's Salute to Geoff Paukovitch. That would be sweet to get, so please pm me about information on how to obtain the person's e-mail address that has this video clip. I hope you see this message termie, you said you have the clip. Let me know what I need to do to get this clip from you.

Thanks fellow Sioux fan, have a great week.

wakeboarding_crazed