SiouxSports.com Forum

so im a bit ticked.........

stafford_rules

i had a problem with the commentators last night during the UND. first, i noticed they questioned EVERYTHING. every goal, every penalty.

second, and this is the one that really pi$$es me off. Being it was Prpich's last game at home, it would have been nice to see him actually leave the ice for the last time. yes, i thank FSN for giving us the games, but come on. couldnt they show a bit more class than that?

i had a problem with the commentators last night during the UND. first, i noticed they questioned EVERYTHING. every goal, every penalty.

second, and this is the one that really pi$$es me off. Being it was Prpich's last game at home, it would have been nice to see him actually leave the ice for the last time. yes, i thank FSN for giving us the games, but come on. couldnt they show a bit more class than that?

I took a picture of his salute to the fans. I was and still am very weepy. ;) I'm happy that I will get to see play in Milwaukee. ;)

I took a picture of his salute to the fans. I was and still am very weepy. ;) I'm happy that I will get to see play in Milwaukee. ;)

with a player like him, its hard to see him go. I have never been this emotional about a player leaving, and i hope I wont have to cry like a baby until the end of next season. it will be a big loss for UND to lose a player like Prpich, and I hope his "traditions" will be carried on for years to come. :);)

I have to admit I was a little bit choked up when UND won the game last night. My first Regional and maybe the last one at the Ralph. I think the NCAA is going to have to just eat their ridiculous stand on abusive and hostile nick names, we set an attendence record this past weekend and you can bet they made the NCAA money. What an awesome weekend of hockey.

I have to admit I was a little bit choked up when UND won the game last night. My first Regional and maybe the last one at the Ralph. I think the NCAA is going to have to just eat their ridiculous stand on abusive and hostile nick names, we set an attendence record this past weekend and you can bet they made the NCAA money. What an awesome weekend of hockey.

Yup not only was every seat sold, it was great television because of the atmosphere. Unless they go away totally from campus sites, this is as good a campus venue as there is.

Yup not only was every seat sold, it was great television because of the atmosphere. Unless they go away totally from campus sites, this is as good a campus venue as there is.

Between the 2nd and 3rd OT of the Wisconsin/Cornell game...a NCAA Selection Committee member said just that...they want to move away from campuses and onto neutral ice.

Between the 2nd and 3rd OT of the Wisconsin/Cornell game...a NCAA Selection Committee member said just that...they want to move away from campuses and onto neutral ice.

To where? Pepsi Center and Xcel? Real neutral. ;)

To where? Pepsi Center and Xcel? Real neutral. ;)

As mentioned in another thread, I ran into three Gopher fans having this discussion Saturday morning. Unbelievably enough, one of the three amigos decries the regional as being "ridiculous" because it was hardly neutral ice. The second guy did mention that the Gophers benefitted from home ice last year and probably wouldn't have made the Frozen Four without that advantage (kudos to him for admitting that). The third one piped up that he didn't care and it was time for host regionals to end and for neutral ice sites to be chosen, at which point (and I kid you not), he suggested the X as the perfect neutral ice site.

It sucks to have your team sent to another teams home regional. All year long I figured the Gophs would probably not make it out of Grand Forks if sent there. Of course I didn't expect Holy Cross to be the ones to take us down, but oh well.

As a fan of the home team it rocks. You get an arena full of real fans and the atmosphere is the best you can possibly have. Heck even Mariucci was rocking during the regionals. Combine that with the fact that your team will usually win, it's awesome.

Fans are always going to complain about being the road team during a regional, whether it's a Gophs fan, Cornell fan or even a UND fan. Complaints will happen, but I don't think the solution it oversized semi-neutral venues.

I think the only way to get neutral sites would be having it hosted somewhere none of the teams in it are from the area. Which pretty much is limited I think.

Right.

As I see it, here are the options in this area:

Milwaukee

Grand Rapids, MI

Green Bay

Chicago (United Center)

(laugh at this one) Fargo (FargoDome)

Wherever the Iowa Stars (AHL) play

Detroit

Personally I like the idea that you can host a Regional and have home ice. The sites are determined well in advance of the season, so getting a regional doesn't guarantee that you will be there. Not much more than a month ago we were in danger of not getting to play in our own Regional. You can live by the advantage and die by it. UND benefitted this year, Michigan benefits what seems like every other year, but the underlying component is that UND and those Michigan teams also earned the right to host the tournament. Additionally, while home town crowds might give a little boost, they give a bigger boost to NCAA hockey; can you say attendance records and playoff atmosphere? The game is still settled on the ice. I can't believe any Gopher fans will bitch, considering I've heard so many comments about "Mariucci West" and the Sioux being a .500 team in GF. You could put an ice sheet on Pluto, the bottom line is the game is played and one on the ice, not in the stands.

Right.

As I see it, here are the options in this area:

Milwaukee

Grand Rapids, MI

Green Bay

Chicago (United Center)

(laugh at this one) Fargo (FargoDome)

Wherever the Iowa Stars (AHL) play

Detroit

I'm not laughing because I live in Fargo. I'd be down with that. Plus there is enough UND alum that live here that it would feel almost like home... We would just have to burn all of the ndsu crap that hangs in that place.

If they go totally neutral - they get 1/2 the attendance. Semi neutral, like the X and what we saw in Green Bay this weekend is a joke if they think that is fair to all teams.

The only truely neutral venues would be ST. Loius, California, and FLorida, but how many college fans are going to travel that far and how many locals are going to go? Grand FOrks just proved how much better regionals are in attendance when in college hockey towns.

The only truely neutral venues would be ST. Loius, California, and FLorida, but how many college fans are going to travel that far and how many locals are going to go? Grand FOrks just proved how much better regionals are in attendance when in college hockey towns.

"As for which Regional, it doesn't matter where you play. If you're better, you win." Don Lucia :);):ohmy: