SiouxSports.com Forum

question about Michigan

stafford_rules

I thought they said on the audio feed last night that a former Michigan coach used it as a coaching tactic. He could tell where the players were looking during drills/plays when they were on the ice by the direction the stripes on the helmet were pointing. Then he could correct them if need be. Somehow the stripes stuck and became a part of the uniform. I thought it was interesting.

i think it's looked pretty cool but ive never know why. thanks!!

I'm with you on this one. I've always liked the look.

Never been a big Michigan fan (or even a little one), but I've always liked it.

Another reason I was so disappointed when I saw the bracket and realized I was going to miss a Sioux/Wolverine matchup.

I thought they said on the audio feed last night that a former Michigan coach used it as a coaching tactic. He could tell where the players were looking during drills/plays when they were on the ice by the direction the stripes on the helmet were pointing. Then he could correct them if need be. Somehow the stripes stuck and became a part of the uniform. I thought it was interesting.

It may have been on the audio feed but I also posted this in a different thread; but it was a football coach. A Michigan grad told me that story. It's a bit different from the info on the Michigan Helmut link. I guess Ross was only partially correct.

I have no thoughts pro or con on their helmut. But I admire that they are not adverse to falling out of the 'cookie cutter' helmut line up.

No offense Gopher fans, but Michigan's M looks nicer than MInnesota's M. Same thing for jerseys, helmets, and school colors.

redwing77, it is so unlike you to forget to include all the pertinent information! You forgot, 'same thing for hockey players!' :D

Michigan certainly has a unique look to them and I for one appreciate it.

I also dig sweaters with big M's on them. I think that's a nifty logo on a jersey.

I just prefer to see them hung up in a closet while the "Fighting Sioux" is still parading around on the ice.

redwing77, it is so unlike you to forget to include all the pertinent information! You forgot, 'same thing for hockey players!' :D

First thing is, no it's not unlike me. :( I tend to speak with my heart rather than with google.com on my side.

Secondly, I don't look at hockey players in the same regard that you do. :lol:

It may have been on the audio feed but I also posted this in a different thread; but it was a football coach. A Michigan grad told me that story. It's a bit different from the info on the Michigan Helmut link. I guess Ross was only partially correct.

After reading the links people posted on here, I was wondering if I mixed that up. :D

I think the helmets are pretty cool too, but after a close look when they were going into the locker rooms, the players must have to take a class as freshmen. Electrical Tape Designs 101. The stripes on there helmets is just electrical tape, my friend and I agreed though this is definately not the case with the football helmets.

I think the helmets are pretty cool too, but after a close look when they were going into the locker rooms, the players must have to take a class as freshmen. Electrical Tape Designs 101. The stripes on there helmets is just electrical tape, my friend and I agreed though this is definately not the case with the football helmets.

there's no way youre serious. are you??? :D:(