SiouxSports.com Forum

Other Tournament Games

Siouxdonyms

bout time.

The Big Red always seems to lose its offense in these tourney games. How many scoreless or 1-1 OT games have we seen them in these past few years?

Its hard to score when you have your stick and armed wrapped around the oppostion.

Talk about a big slow team.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just knew Skille would get the game winner. Hitting 2 posts. Seemed to be the only guy out there with gas left in the tank. I can't believe they let him by like that.

OH well... UW/Maine?? I know nothing about Maine, but I'll probably take a Pro-Wisconsin crowd as the winner.

I think the key to the game was passing. Cornell couldn't pass to save their lives and it really showed until everyone was too tired to care. Thats only when Cornell got some real chances.

Wisconsin won, but the way they were playing all game long, it shouldn't have taken OT IMO.

wow, what an amazing game. that one's sure to be on ESPN Classic.

and major props to the goalies and players of both sides. beautiful effort and I will applaud them until me hands fall off. ;)

did anyone see the guy crying in the stands?

I did. That's a real fan right there. Not afraid to cry win or lose :)

It was a real emotional night.

Four guys in their defensive zone for Cornell. I UW player. The UW player gets the puck and throws it to Skille as he was finally coming into the zone. None of the other Cornell players hardly flinched. To play for that long and have the big of defensive breakdown is unbelievable.

I'm rooting for Maine. Their fans always cheer for us and certainly will be when we play BC. I don't want to play UW in a home/neutral rink. If we lose, then I'll probably cheer for UW. Not Earl though.

I watched the whole 4 1/2 hour marathon but because it was tape-delayed I didn't want to check in here if I accidentally ran into the score but WHAT A MARATHON! At first I was hoping Cornell would win to get rid of Wisconsin but the more I watched their goalie - the more nervous I got. He turned away TONS of shots and was impressive right down to the last goal (not his fault!)

Since Wisco won...the CHEESY moment of the game goes to Robbie Earl. Granted, he probably was exhausted but the video of him CRAWLING to the bench was a bit much. The announcers, caught in the historical moment, said...

"When fans remember this game decades from now...they'll remember that image. Robbie Earl CRAWLING to the bench..."

Geez I hate to be a Robbie Earl critic :) but 2 minutes after he crawled to the bench he was back for a shift and seemed fine. THEN HE DID THE CRAWL AGAIN (I guess in case the cameras didn't catch it the first time) and was BACK for another shift minutes later :ohmy: The other players were also extremely tired but I didn't see anyone else crawling... Am I alone in my opinion Robbie is not only an ******** but ALSO a DRAMA QUEEN? ;)

Nope

Hell Yeah, he is such a drama queen. You almost wonder if his major is acting over whatever the heck his schooling is!! He tried to make the refs feel bad for him here and in the final five. IMO I think he does this whenever his team is in any trouble at all!!! I have always questioned his ethical play. ie diving like he has perfected soooo well :)

Hell Yeah, he is such a drama queen. You almost wonder if his major is acting over whatever the heck his schooling is!! He tried to make the refs feel bad for him here and in the final five. IMO I think he does this whenever his team is in any trouble at all!!! I have always questioned his ethical play. ie diving like he has perfected soooo well :ohmy:

I just laugh - think what may happen to him if he gets to the NHL trying to pull this stuff . . . :)

wow, what an amazing game. that one's sure to be on ESPN Classic.

and major props to the goalies and players of both sides. beautiful effort and I will applaud them until me hands fall off. :ohmy:

did anyone see the guy crying in the stands?

I thought the Wisconsin fan they had the camera on was going to have a heart attack. He almost collapsed after the goal. I think his wife was holding him up. :)

I felt so bad for Robbie "the Diver" Earl ;) when he had to keep going back to the box and have the team help him over the boards. And the camera just kept showing him on his knees on the floor in the box, like that made him some kind of hero. I was glad he didn't get the game winner.

I thought the Wisconsin fan they had the camera on was going to have a heart attack. He almost collapsed after the goal. I think his wife was holding him up. ;)

LOL...I saw that guy too and thought the same exact thing! "Someone call 9-1-1...my husband is having a heart attack! When you say Wisconsin, you've said it all."

The only thing I thought about Earl was that he was the only one cramping and crawling and was putting on quite a show. Is he that much under-conditioned compared to the other 37 guys on the ice??? And the television people making it a story. To me, it's like covering a guy that falls over at mile 23 of a marathon...tough bounce... better train harder next time fella...

I did note however that Earl was also the only one with his helmet off (initially) so that everyone could see him. I'm sure he knew the cameras were on him...another showboat move...I found myself begging him to put his helmet back on or shave his *** and walk backwards...

The only thing I thought about Earl was that he was the only one cramping and crawling and was putting on quite a show. Is he that much under-conditioned compared to the other 37 guys on the ice??? And the television people making it a story. To me, it's like covering a guy that falls over at mile 23 of a marathon...tough bounce... better train harder next time fella...

It's because he is so old. ;)

Here's an e-mail I sent this morning to The Sicatoka, who's been predicting a Gopher upset since last weekend.

I just needed to lay in the warm glow of this one more time. ;)

PS - I didn't just "make a pick," I saw Tony Quesada's numbers and realized they were nearly identical to Bobby Goepfert's, plus four of their top six forwards and half their defense played against UND in 2004. That, and Goldie seemed ripe for the pickin'.

I just needed to lay in the warm glow of this one more time. ;)

PS - I didn't just "make a pick," I saw Tony Quesada's numbers and realized they were nearly identical to Bobby Goepfert's, plus four of their top six forwards and half their defense played against UND in 2004. That, and Goldie seemed ripe for the pickin'.

I'm impressed.