SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Defections begin

Goon

Or maybe it's because they're good friends. :angry:

yeah i think that was pretty much explained when i said, a good memory...since thats usually what friends do. i was just wondering if anyone else had the idea that maybe he wont be here next year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can only hope that Irmen and Potulny will be gone after this season. They certainly are having good enough years to leave early.

I don't expect any freshmen to leave for the Sioux, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost the trio in Stafford, Smaby, or Zajac. I hope that we can keep one (maybe two...crosses fingers) of those 3 players.

Hey if Sid Hartman says it, it has to be true.

I figured it would be more like 15 minutes after their regional semi-final game ends on Friday night. :angry:

i'd like to see them pull the travis roche and then not ever make it to the show for more than a cup of coffee when someone get's on the DTD injured list. It'd be there pennance for chooosing the rodents over the hostile & abusive.

I admit I've only gotten through half of the threads going back through last Thursday morning, but when did we get LaPoint?

And as far as recruits are going, here's the breakdown:

Prpich is graduating. We bring in Vandevelde.

Marvin is graduating. We bring in Genoway

Now, I'm not saying it is a 1 to 1 replacement, but I'm saying that, unless someone knows which of our incoming recruits are scholarship and which are walk on or whatever, I'm just matching up known departures with known incoming.

Now, we are bringing in Darcy Zajac and Jake Marto as well. We are getting Bina back (if all things go well).

That means, if no one leaves early, we're actually losing two players and gaining 4.5 (Bina is already on the roster). 2 of those we gain (name isn't important) are negligible as 2 are leaving and those 2 fill those slots, but the other 2 mean we're going to have one or two players not returning next year. That means we could be depending upon Stafford and Smaby leaving early.

Maybe I'm totally confused and this is completely wrong, but it just seems that we are getting more players back next year than we are losing this year. Or... could this be the end of the line for Foyt and Alexander?

You forgot to list probably are most talented and biggest recruit coming next year in Michael Forney.

Do they both belong to the same NHL team. If not who will tie Danny's skates for him. :angry:

I believe Danny is Wild property - not sure about the other guy.

Danny is property of the Minnesota Wild and Ryan is property of Philly.

Let's be honest - we would take both of them on our team in a heart beat. They are both talented and play hard all the time, unlike some of the other prima donna's on their team.

Yep, your right, but to me they are just another player from the evil empire :lol:

That wears that god awful "M", and has their own propaganda machine to back them up.

Should be fun with UND beats them and we don't have to listen to their ridiculous fans talk about Mariucci west.