SiouxSports.com Forum

Western Regional

yepdude

I've heard two seperate ideas one say that the Gophers are not headed this way, the second says that they'll play at the REA. Either way UND is in and I'm there. Who do you want to see?

could care less..bring them all on

On USCHO, for their final projected NCAA bracket, they have U of M playing Holy Cross and UND playing Michigan with BC going to Worcester and playing Cornell. Will be interesting to watch ESPN2 tomorrow morning to see how close their bracketing is.

It should be a lot of fun. I am hoping the Sioux come out flying and hungry.

This might be the only regional we get to see in Grand Forks. I am watching the

championship game with a Goofer fan. I am hoping we will have lots to raz him about.

me too

Me three!!!

And, IMHO, I think USCHO will get it exactly right. The only ? is whether Minnesota gets Holy Cross or Bemidji.

And, if we do play Michigan, we friggin owe them as I still have tickets to the Frozen Four in Boston that I didn't get to use in 1998!

If the NCAA wants attendance, send Minnesota out east. The Ralph is dang near sold out, and if anyone could bring out the Cornell fans it would be Minnesota.

I would love to have Bemidji in the West Regional. They wear green, and I always cheer for sweaty beavers.

I don't think they're completely using their heads in regards to that issue. The Sioux being in it alone will sell out at least one day, and bring in more than the chumps on the east coast. They'll probably have a wonderful attendance like the CCHA showed on Friday! :lol:

I've heard two seperate ideas one say that the Gophers are not headed this way, the second says that they'll play at the REA. Either way UND is in and I'm there. Who do you want to see?

Well I think it would be funny to see the Goofers go somewhere else after all of their fans have them penciled in as the west regional team.

This doesn't have much to do with where the Gophers will go for regionals, but this has to be the blooper of the weekend.. even worse than the WCHA poster (which we all need to write to Red Baron about.)...

From the Pioneer Press and USCHO..

The motivation for St. Cloud may have come just after the first semifinal of the afternoon concluded.

"North Dakota will take on Minnesota in the WCHA championship game tomorrow night at 7:37 p.m.," boomed the public address announcer following the Fighting Sioux's victory over Wisconsin, more than an hour and a half prior to the puck drop of the nightcap.

Talk about jumping the gun.

"We were in the lobby of the hotel, and some of us were watching the North Dakota game," said Hooton. "We'd heard rumors that they'd announced Minnesota already. We just sorta decided that we'd come out and show that we deserve to be in these games."