Andy Greene - Sr., D, Miami University

Brian Elliott - Jr., G, University of Wisconsin

Greg Moore - Sr., F, University of Maine

Scott Parse - Sr., F., University of Nebraska-Omaha

Ryan Potulny - Jr., F, University of Minnesota

Marty Sertich - Sr., F, Colorado College

Brett Sterling - Sr., F, Colorado College

T.J. Trevelyan - Sr., F, St. Lawrence University

Potulny better share his award with Alaska-Anchorage... 58 points, 15 against UAA. I'm hoping for Carle.

Kessel already won ROY with the help of AA. I believe about 1/3 of his points were against AA. I don't buy the "phantom assist" BS, both Kessel and Potulny put up great numbers and deserved every point they got. However, as much as I dislike him, I think Irmen was the best player on the Gophers when he was healthy. Kessel is a very good set up guy on the PP - the knock against his teammaking skills was debunked this year IMO.

I think Carle deserves the Hobey this year. However, I think Parse from UNO will be getting a lot of looks.

I think Carle has a better shot at winning the award now that he won Player of the Year in the WCHA over Potulny. Its pretty tough to win the Hobey when you didn't win the Player of the Year in your conference especially when that player who won it is also a finalist. For instance, two years ago when Junior Lessard and Zach Parise where in the Hobey hat trick. It's pretty tough for voters to vote for Parise over Lessard when he didn't win the Player of the Year in his own conference and Lessard did. Not saying that it can't happen though.

Was DU allowed to play UAA this year? How about Eellioott and UW? Does UNO play any cake opponents in the CCHA?

This clown spends more time on the Sioux board than he does with his significant other - notice I said significant other as I'm not sure of the gender...hehe :lol:

I'm not that pumped by any of the candidates. Their numbers aren't that impressive. Potulny just doesn't seem to be the hobey type to me and Carle, while solid, certainly wasn't spectacular down the stretch. I don't see any Blake, Gionta, Panzer, Bonin, Crowley type players in the bunch this time.

I think Carle has a better shot at winning the award now that he won Player of the Year in the WCHA over Potulny. Its pretty tough to win the Hobey when you didn't win the Player of the Year in your conference especially when that player who won it is also a finalist. For instance, two years ago when Junior Lessard and Zach Parise where in the Hobey hat trick. It's pretty tough for voters to vote for Parise over Lessard when he didn't win the Player of the Year in his own conference and Lessard did. Not saying that it can't happen though.

One interesting note on this, in 2002 Mark Hartigan won the WCHA POY & Leopold won the DPOY. Leo went on to win the Hobey that year. Now granted it's comparing apples to oranges (DPOY & POY) but I still thought it was interesting, and many SCSU fans cried foul for the same reason you outlined above.

IMHO both Carle & Potulny would be excelleng choices and I never envy Hobey voters, it's hard to compare & determine who is a better player when they play different positions.

I'm not that pumped by any of the candidates. Their numbers aren't that impressive. Potulny just doesn't seem to be the hobey type to me and Carle, while solid, certainly wasn't spectacular down the stretch. I don't see any Blake, Gionta, Panzer, Bonin, Crowley type players in the bunch this time.

none of the players you listed scored more goals than Potulny. Carle has 2 more goals and 5 less assists than Crowley had.....I think the numbers are impressive in that group