SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Mich Tech

Sioux-cia

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Sioux are the team we want them to be in the postseason, then they should be able to beat Mankato in a 3 game series at home, even though Mankato is playing very well right now.

Assuming we take care of Mankato, finishing 4th gives the Sioux a slight advantage in the play-in game as the Sioux would be the home team with last line change. Take anything you can get. And like someone else mentioned, and small percentage chance that an upper tier team gets knocked off gives the Sioux a chance to move out of the play-in game.

All-in-all might as well be 4th than 5th, IMO.

Assuming we take care of Mankato, finishing 4th gives the Sioux a slight advantage in the play-in game as the Sioux would be the home team with last line change. Take anything you can get. And like someone else mentioned, and small percentage chance that an upper tier team gets knocked off gives the Sioux a chance to move out of the play-in game.

Exactly. Finishing 4th gives the Sioux a better shot at winning the Final Five (although it would almost certainly require that one of the top three seeds be upset in the first round of the playoffs).

Good point to dagies on the last shift change of play in game for Final Five.

Let's say this happens:

We finish fourth and beat MSUM to go to the Final Five and knock them from TUC status (I think more than likely that would happen with a sweep). One of the top three (can't imagine, but UW???) loses and we don't play SCSU or CC in the play in. We then face like DU or UW and lose. Therefore, possibly don't make the NCAA's due to TUC record.

I do think that scenario is unlikely. I think with the way the CCHA tourney has gone and will finish, we'll get in. But it could happen.

I really do want us to win all our games and will be doing so tonight, but this could be one of those situations where a team is better off not winning. Like DU a few years ago. For us it may just be tonight so that we face SCSU in the first round. I just think we may need another TUC win or two.

The problem is that we need to win that first round series. If we win against MSUM, they aren't a TUC and our PWR will drop. That would mean that we would still need to probably win a game or two at the Final Five to get our spot.

Also, MSUM gives us trouble when we play them. We have motivation against SCSU because of them sweeping us at home. That's the other reason I wanted to face SCSU.

Then again, who knows what else will happen in other leagues.

EDIT: Just checked, and we can tie Tech and still take the N. Mich. comparison.

That is a pretty lame excuse for I am scared of playing MSU-M. Have some confidence in the boys that they can win the series. They have proved even this season as young as they are they can play and win in big games.

That is a pretty lame excuse for I am scared of playing MSU-M. Have some confidence in the boys that they can win the series. They have proved even this season as young as they are they can play and win in big games.

Absolutely!!!

No excuse at all about playing MSUM. While I think they are playing well, they have a two week layoff that will hurt them and I don't see them hanging with us for three games. I'm more concerned about who we could face at the X. Denver is playing well right now. We are the Gophers only loss in 18 games, so they are hot but we did beat them, and with UW who knows? We do struggle against great goaltending.

Personally I really want revenge on SCSU and all I care about is making the tourney.

No excuse at all about playing MSUM. While I think they are playing well, they have a two week layoff that will hurt them and I don't see them hanging with us for three games. I'm more concerned about who we could face at the X. Denver is playing well right now. We are the Gophers only loss in 18 games, so they are hot but we did beat them, and with UW who knows? We do struggle against great goaltending.

Personally I really want revenge on SCSU and all I care about is making the tourney.

won't we play CC Thursday night and the Goofs Friday night - who actually deserve to play the night game this year as opposed to the previous ones.

won't we play CC Thursday night and the Goofs Friday night - who actually deserve to play the night game this year as opposed to the previous ones.

If you read my previous post, in that scenerio we finish fourth and one of the top seeds loses. That would put us out of the play in game. Therefore, we wouldn't be playing CC.

Oshie Zajac & Sparky really worked hard last night & deserved a few goals

The Stafford - Toews- Duncan line were the best they have been (Men amongst boys) Duncan continues to prove size is not all that Big of a Deal - the other lines were also giving it their best & looked good

Can they do it the rest of the way ? ? ? How many games are left to win it all :whistling: