SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA ROY

7NationalTitles

I am new to this site, but have been a WCHA lover for years. I realize this is a Sioux website

and the subject of the Sioux and their successes should dominate. However, there seems to be

more Gopher bashing on this site than discussion on the Sioux.

I'm quite certain that's not true, but thanks for your fair and balanced observations.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact of the matter is this both Oshie and Toew's NHL stock his risen this year, phils has fallen off, why is it ? Is it because he's an offensive wizard ? All his points at the WJC couldn't garner the US a bronze medal on a talent-laden team. This is the case with phil all year, rack up points against cupcakes, disappear vs. real competition. The Twin Cities' very own PA and Dubay have nothing but praise for Oshie and Toews yet at the same time can't understand the kessel hype. If Oshie were to be in this years draft he's a top 3 pick, no question. I want to see where it is written that the criteria for ROTY is who scores the most points, someone please show me that, or is it merely the opinion of everyone that it is the deciding factor. Awards like this are for who people think is the most outstanding player. I'm sorry you folks are having such a hard time accepting the fact that phil IS NOT the most outstanding freshmen this year but it is the simple truth. It's funny to me that most of us Sioux fans praise our players for their hard work on both ends of the ice, yet won't give them equal cosideration for an award that they are convinced a one dimensial player like kessel will probably win. Undeservingly.

I think your over playing the NHL angle. Toews has potentially gone past Kessel, in other words moved from the #2 forward to the #1 forward. Kessel has potentially dropped one spot. It's not like he is playing himself out of the 1st round.

Oshie has been superb, he is now likely going to get is contract offer by the end of his freshmen or sophomore year vs. his Junior year.

Toews and Oshie deliver goals and a physical game, Kessel delivers goals and is a superb power play distributor.

Like the Vanek/Parise contest, the voters don't have a bad option.

He isn't, and it is an opinion, sorry you don't like it. I can hardly wait til they hand him the award so all of you can say "see Triouxper you were wrong, you're stupid, you're an immature jerk, we told you kessel was the bestest ever, shame on you Triouxper", yep that's gonna be a fun day.

Weird that you say it is an opinion when in post 168 you say something like "I'm sorry you folks are having such a hard time accepting the fact that phil IS NOT the most outstanding freshmen this year but it is the simple truth". So then you said it was a fact, now it is an opinion? That is why we all don't understand where you're coming from. You should try to make it known that it is your opinion, not what everyone should believe. And don't get so upset with people who disagree with you. I'm sorry but you are starting to look dumb and childish on this site saying stuff like "don't tell me what to do" and getting very upset with people who disagree with you. And trust me, I am giving Oshie full consideration, but to me, Kessel is just as deserving as he has put up a very good season over at Minny.

Weird that you say it is an opinion when in post 168 you say something like "I'm sorry you folks are having such a hard time accepting the fact that phil IS NOT the most outstanding freshmen this year but it is the simple truth". So then you said it was a fact, now it is an opinion? That is why we all don't understand where you're coming from. You should try to make it known that it is your opinion, not what everyone should believe. And don't get so upset with people who disagree with you. I'm sorry but you are starting to look dumb and childish on this site saying stuff like "don't tell me what to do" and getting very upset with people who disagree with you.

The don't tell me what to do was supposed to be funny. Funny you want me to respect everyone else's yet you all try to convince me that mine is wrong. You are right, my opinion is just that. The facts are from the experts, none of which post here, including myself. It is the experts that have said kessel is not what the hype would lead you to believe, not me. Why do all of you care sooooooo much about what I think of phil? Hmmm, I'm starting to think I may just be right.

LOL Triouxper. You're starting to think you may just be right? Right about what? Do you think some of us secretly like the gophers and kessel or something. I'm just giving my opinion with my green shades off.

Careful, by expressing an objective opinion you too could be denied entrance into the super secret level that apparently only certain Sioux fans have access to.

So I chose not to jump on the kessel bandwagon, so what, big deal. I've said it before, I don't care who wins the dumb award, it's a moot thing. There are seven banners hanging in Englestad, someday there will be more, they mean a hell of a lot more than phil and his ROTY. As far as anybody thinking I'm stupid, childish, blah, blah, blah, I honestly don't give a damn. I'm so glad that you were capable of finding my inconsistencies congratualtions to you for that. You are a message board guru, and get my vote for the message board inconsistency pointer outer of the year, which is base on how many inconsistencies you can find.

Careful, by expressing an objective opinion you too could be denied entrance into the super secret level that apparently only certain Sioux fans have access to.

The only objective opinion you have is he scored more points. I have yet to see any one answer questions I have posed several times. For instance, even though phil led team USA in points at the world juniors, how come he failed to lead them to a medal. And why is it he can rack up points against cupcakes and dissappear against tougher teams. Why do people in the local Twin cities media talk more highly of our two outstanding freshmen than their own. Someone please give me an "objective" answer to these questions, please. Or am I just making all of this up for the sake of argument ?

So I chose not to jump on the kessel bandwagon, so what, big deal. I've said it before, I don't care who wins the dumb award, it's a moot thing. There are seven banners hanging in Englestad, someday there will be more, they mean a hell of a lot more than phil and his ROTY. As far as anybody thinking I'm stupid, childish, blah, blah, blah, I honestly don't give a damn. I'm so glad that you were capable of finding my inconsistencies congratualtions to you for that. You are a message board guru, and get my vote for the message board inconsistency pointer outer of the year, which is base on how many inconsistencies you can find.

Just for the record I am not a Kessel fan at all, in fact, I don't like him, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has played very well this year, as has Oshie and Toews. I would really take any of them. As for the award you gave me, I thank you and will do my best to repeat as champion a year from now.

Just for the record I am not a Kessel fan at all, in fact, I don't like him, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has played very well this year, as has Oshie and Toews. I would really take any of them. As for the award you gave me, I thank you and will do my best to repeat as champion a year from now.

You haven't won the award yet, it's based on who gets the most points.

I know I'm going to regret this, but...

All his points at the WJC couldn't garner the US a bronze medal on a talent-laden team.

So the entire success of a "talent-laden team" falls squarely on the shoulders of Kessel? Why not on the shoulders of Oshie? Can you even remotely provide a logical and coherent answer that explains why the entire failure of a "talent-laden team" falls so much on Kessel and not Oshie? Never mind try to explain how that invalidates anything Kessel has done in the WCHA with respect to the ROY award?

I know alot of Sioux fans that don't post here, or even follow this board because they don't want to waste their time with people like you. I'll guarantee, that they are bigger supporters of their team they you will ever know.

I know I'm going to regret this, but...

So the entire success of a "talent-laden team" falls squarely on the shoulders of Kessel? Why not on the shoulders of Oshie? Can you even remotely provide a logical and coherent answer that explains why the entire failure of a "talent-laden team" falls so much on Kessel and not Oshie? Never mind try to explain how that invalidates anything Kessel has done in the WCHA with respect to the ROY award?

[/quot

He's USA Hockey's "big gun", I didn't hang that on him. Oshie pretty much carried the team, when he got knocked out of the game vs Finland so did the heart and soul of the team. Why didn't phil step up and lead them to the bronze medal, cause he's got no heart, he's no leader. The US had a one point lead and couldn't close the deal when TJ didn't return. Go back and watch the tapes, listen to the announcers, then tell me I'm wrong. As far as validating WCHA play, a leopard can't chage it's spots.

I know it has nothing to do with the topic, but I just need to ask you one question Triouxper. Who do you think will/should win the rookie of the year in the NHL?

Don't really care. I'll just say Ovechkin so that you can run with it, since I feel you're baiting me on here.

Oshie pretty much carried the team, when he got knocked out of the game vs Finland so did the heart and soul of the team. Why didn't phil step up and lead them to the bronze medal, cause he's got no heart, he's no leader. The US had a one point lead and couldn't close the deal when TJ didn't return. Go back and watch the tapes, listen to the announcers, then tell me I'm wrong. As far as validating WCHA play, a leopard can't chage it's spots.

Okay find. Oshie rules, Kessel blows. I apologize to the rest of Sioux-nation for dragging this on - I should have known better than to respond. That is all. ;)

I know alot of Sioux fans that don't post here, or even follow this board because they don't want to waste their time with people like you. I'll guarantee, that they are bigger supporters of their team they you will ever know.

For what it's worth - I'm a Sioux fan and don't post here much anymore because of the way non Sioux fans are treated and the obsession/hatred of Kessel, Denver, Paukovitch, etc. The list of hated people/teams is much longer than this but I'll refrain.

I have checked out Gopher Puck Live - and you know what - most of the board conversations are MUCH more civilized and at a higher level of discussion, albeit less conversations.

BTW - my Ford truck is bigger and better than your Chevy. I hate Chevy's - their worthless pieces of junk. I don't care what anybody says - I saw one at the dealership the other day and it sucked ! I am an expert and Ford should be named truck of the year. Screw all you Chevy lovers - go find a board like Chevy dot com where you are welcome. We don't want you here unless you like Ford and HATE Chevy.

For what it's worth - I'm a Sioux fan and don't post here much anymore because of the way non Sioux fans are treated and the obsession/hatred of Kessel, Denver, Paukovitch, etc. The list of hated people/teams is much longer than this but I'll refrain.

I have checked out Gopher Puck Live - and you know what - most of the board conversations are MUCH more civilized and at a higher level of discussion, albeit less conversations.

BTW - my Ford truck is bigger and better than your Chevy. I hate Chevy's - their worthless pieces of junk. I don't care what anybody says - I saw one at the dealership the other day and it sucked ! I am an expert and Ford should be named truck of the year. Screw all you Chevy lovers - go find a board like Chevy dot com where you are welcome. We don't want you here unless you like Ford and HATE Chevy.

yeah, paukabitch is pretty hated here as expected...and yes kessel isnt liked because he wears the maroon and puke...i would love to see your list of HATED people though..would make for a better thread ;) seems like you enjoy gopher puck live a lot, great for you, just a question for you...have you gone to the dark side yet?

darth_vader.gif

Well Bear Man, to make an analogy if you prefer your Ford truck why don't you stay on the Ford truck chat where everyone agrees with you. Or are you not entirely sure about what the Chevy might have to offer because of a lack of comprehensive information on your site so you come trolling on the Chevy chat and turn the conversation on its head when someone suggests that the two new halogen lamps on the Chevy are better than the one beam wonders on your Ford. I love my Chevy Truck and I feel secure and will informed on the site; therefore I have no desire to troll the Ford site. Good enough for you. ;)

For instance, even though phil led team USA in points at the world juniors, how come he failed to lead them to a medal. And why is it he can rack up points against cupcakes and dissappear against tougher teams. Why do people in the local Twin cities media talk more highly of our two outstanding freshmen than their own. Someone please give me an "objective" answer to these questions, please. Or am I just making all of this up for the sake of argument ?

Why is that Kessel failed to lead them to a medal but you don't blame Oshie one bit? Oh that's right, you're a biased idiot who views the world through green colored glasses.

Triouxper, the reason I don't take anything you say seriously is because of how venomous you sound when talking about Kessel. It's just so obvious that you hate the gophers and Kessel no matter what they do. I'm positive that if Kessel played for the Sioux and Oshie played for the Gophers your argument would be reversed. You come off as an EXTREMELY biased fan with no objectivity what so ever. You're an absolute clown who can't even say ONE good thing about the leading scoring frshman in the nation.

And by the way, if Oshie would've faced the defensive attention that Kessel has this year there's no way he'd have the numbers he has.

Why is that Kessel failed to lead them to a medal but you don't blame Oshie one bit? Oh that's right, you're a biased idiot who views the world through green colored glasses.

Triouxper, the reason I don't take anything you say seriously is because of how venomous you sound when talking about Kessel. It's just so obvious that you hate the gophers and Kessel no matter what they do. I'm positive that if Kessel played for the Sioux and Oshie played for the Gophers your argument would be reversed. You come off as an EXTREMELY biased fan with no objectivity what so ever. You're an absolute clown who can't even say ONE good thing about the leading scoring frshman in the nation.

And by the way, if Oshie would've faced the defensive attention that Kessel has this year there's no way he'd have the numbers he has.

:lol::lol:

and if kessel tried more than his pee-wee style push the puck up and jump over the defender 1 move every game on every shift then his numbers would be even higher :0 think about that

honestly, kessel will win, he has bigger numbers and these usually are number awards. just think oshie and kessel could be linemates in a few years in st louis ;)

Thanks for showing your ignorance Bucky Sucks. You have probably only watched Oshie play a team that doesn't hit, your Goofs. He has been the recepient of big hits and guess what he gives them back just as big. He actually thrives on getting into the physical play and scores the big goals. If you had watched him play all season you would understand why he is a complete package, your one move wonder is not. Please stop embarassing yourself and annoying us by returning to your site for a few consoling group hugs. ;)