SiouxSports.com Forum

DU and UND

Goon

Two wrongs never made anything right. Let's be bigger men and not lower ourselves to their level. Beat them on the scoreboard, where it counts, and throw all that macho vigilante BS out the window. I believe that thug Bertuzzi was just trying to "right a wrong" when he damn near killed that guy from Colorado. The refs, not the players, are the people in charge of handing down punishments for dirty play.

Agreed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goon, you and I cheer for the same team. I don't want to get into a heated debate regarding our feelings about the etiquette of the game. You have your opinion and I have mine. We both like to state them at every given opportunity. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Fair enough. :huh:

Well, like it or not, someday punkobitch will get his. My favorite example of this is jeff taffe getting his face busted up last year in the AHL, sooner or later all the cheap stuff catches up with you. It's an old school mentallity, but hey, it's effective.

Karma is a sum of all that an individual has done, is currently doing and will do. The effects of those deeds and these deeds actively create present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain in others.

Sorry, it's just that the hippy in me demands to be heard sometimes. (Back, old hippy, back!)

Just got to Vail this afternoon and am seriously stoked for the games this weekend! The Sigh-Ox will do well, I really don't expect the tape-to-tape pass, pass, scores like last weekend but last weekend with the goophs was a bust. I'm not sure the pios can bring the shut down defense anymore?

Fisher, Mannino, & Gwoz will be the boyz that instigate, Gauth will provide the reality tv highlights, and carle will be nursing the chronic pain from the Finley, Radke, Porter hits.

I'm looking forward to Magness, I hear they serve beer :huh: No really, I think we'll do well this weekend. I felt we were the better team in Nov. when I went to the games. Saturday the just didn't show up. I understand spring is different than fall but there's really not a good enough team or outlook on a three-peat.

The real deal breakers will be Fabian, Porter, Zajac, Toews, Parise, and the collective patience I believe Dave, Brad, & Cary have finally instilled in the team. Duncan will finally beat Peter glove side upper corner, Sparky will be 3-4 points on the weekend, and Radke's going to have the weekend of his career.

FWIW?

i made comments earlier ragarding to kicking packabitches azz. to clarify i would never want another player hurt at all that may prevent him from playing or something like that. he just deserves a good old fashion hockey fight, thats all :huh: a couple of shiners will do :love:

i made comments earlier ragarding to kicking packabitches azz. to clarify i would never want another player hurt at all that may prevent him from playing or something like that. he just deserves a good old fashion hockey fight, thats all :love: a couple of shiners will do :D

Taking a cue from RunningwiththeDogs sig. We should put him in a cage, stick a banana down his pants and turn the monkeys loose! :huh:

Taking a cue from RunningwiththeDogs sig. We should put him in a cage, stick a banana down his pants and turn the monkeys loose! :huh:

makes me think of that old Elvis story... "release the monkeys"

IMO revenge is a dish best served cold. Don't hit the punk, just beat Denver soundly and not stoop to their level.

WPoS

If you squint, he does look a little like Randy Quaid.

I wish you were still going to Denver, because now I am! I need some good hockey to take my mind off the real reason I'm going to Denver. :love: I'll either be watching on TV or maybe going to one of the games w/my mom.

It seems lately that when I've thought the Gophers were facing an unavoidable "war" for an upcoming weekend series, that for whatever reason the teams ended up avoiding such an event. Not to say that things didn't get chippy, and unfortunately chippiness seems to be a neverending result with both CO teams (CC running goalies, DU playing dirty) etc., but don't be surprised if both teams are so concerned with winning such extremely important games for both sides that you end up seeing more hockey and less wrestling. Unfortunately, "boxing" events at college hockey games have gone the way of the Old Ralph and Maroosh arenas. :huh:

[edit] I miss the days of opening the Sunday morning Mpls Strib and seeing a box score from the second 7-1 Gophers shellacking of a team in a total-goal series, and the 3rd period "penalties" records was a never-ending string of "10-minute misconducts". :love: Of course then you didn't have to worry about automatically losing a player for a game. :mad:

It seems that lately whenever I thought the Gophers were facing an unavoidable "war" during for an upcoming weekend series, for whatever reason the teams ended up avoiding such an event. Not to say that things didn't get chippy, and unfortunately chippiness seems to be a neverending result with both CO teams (CC running goalies, DU playing dirty) etc., but don't be surprised if both teams are so concerned with winning games that are extremely important for both that you end up seeing more hockey and less wrestling. Unfortunately, "boxing" events at college hockey games have gone the way of the Old Ralph and Maroosh arenas. :huh:

[edit] I miss the days of opening the Sunday morning Mpls Strib and seeing a box score from the second 7-1 Gophers shellacking of a team in a total-goal series, and the 3rd period "penalties" records was a never-ending string of "10-minute misconducts". :love: Of course then you didn't have to worry about automatically losing a player for a game. :mad:

Not according to your coach. :D

I too, would prefer to see a loosening of the restrictions, even though I'm not a proponent of adding fighting to the game. Fighters as a strategy? No. Occasionally needing to protect yourself or your teammate? Yes.

If you squint, he does look a little like Randy Quaid.

I wish you were still going to Denver, because now I am! I need some good hockey to take my mind off the real reason I'm going to Denver. :love: I'll either be watching on TV or maybe going to one of the games w/my mom.

I am so jealous!!! I'll see you at the Final Five! ;)

Tickets haven't arrived yet. But our seats are in section 119, row 21, seats 1-8. Right in front of the most obnoxious, know it all, talks thoughout the game-regardless of who is playing, Goofer fan!

Alot of the subject but I am getting a little bit worried - have the West Regional Tickets been mailed out yet?