SiouxSports.com Forum

DU and UND

Goon

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the games will be on TV this weekend in GF!

Press Release

That is sweet because I will not have to watch the game on saturday on delayed telecast. Very nice to see.

I suppose we are going to be stuck with Denver's homer announcers though. Or do we get our two rubes.

I actually listened to them last week and they weren't that bad.

What's all this stupid smack about getting the wins and then getting a hit on Paukovich at the end of the Saturday game? First of all, its a dumb strategy that takes the Sioux's focus off of playing a good series......secondly, its putting the cart before the horse.........The right strategy is to send someone, anyone, after Paukovich immediately at the start tonight (preferably taking him out of the game).....then the Sioux will immediately have the frustration monkey off their back and it will cause Denver to lose focus (helping the Sioux for the weekend).......If Bina was my teammate, I couldn't concentrate on only the game until I knew Paukovich had paid the price.

This is a perfect time against a perfect team to take a few hitting from behind game misconducts, especially the way Denver turns their backs......who cares if one of our guys gets kicked out for a game......as long as he takes Paukovich out with him, the emotional charge to the rest of the team will be all we need to sweep.

That's the last thing that this team needs to do. The Sioux need to focus on winning, not getting a cheap shot on a cheap player. And as discussed for the CC series, several of the players may suffer from the altitude change, so while losing a player for any typical away series may not seem like that big of a deal, the team really can't afford it on this one....especially when so much of the NCAA playoff chances rest on this series. While most people on this board can't stand Paukovich (myself included), we'd all rather see wins and the Sioux make the playoffs than taking him out of the series and having our season be over way too soon.

What's all this stupid smack about getting the wins and then getting a hit on Paukovich at the end of the Saturday game? First of all, its a dumb strategy that takes the Sioux's focus off of playing a good series......secondly, its putting the cart before the horse.........The right strategy is to send someone, anyone, after Paukovich immediately at the start tonight (preferably taking him out of the game).....then the Sioux will immediately have the frustration monkey off their back and it will cause Denver to lose focus (helping the Sioux for the weekend).......If Bina was my teammate, I couldn't concentrate on only the game until I knew Paukovich had paid the price.

This is a perfect time against a perfect team to take a few hitting from behind game misconducts, especially the way Denver turns their backs......who cares if one of our guys gets kicked out for a game......as long as he takes Paukovich out with him, the emotional charge to the rest of the team will be all we need to sweep.

What in the blue hell are you talking about ?

One of the many reasons it's best that some of us are posters, and not players.

One of the many reasons it's best that some of us are posters, and not players.

I think we should at least expect our players to play the game and really not focus on that Punk unless he commits more aggregious acts of violence. That being said we don't really want our team to come off as a bunch of classless thugs like Punkovich. Were not in the playoffs as of yet so I hate to say it that maybe our boys will take the high road and play the game.

I think we should at least expect our players to play the game and really not focus on that Punk unless he commits more aggregious acts of violence. That being said we don't really want our team to come off as a bunch of classless thugs like Punkovich. Were not in the playoffs as of yet so I hate to say it that maybe our boys will take the high road and play the game.

I love the way you phrased that!

I would love to see a sweep of the Pios this weekend.

I think we need a Wisconsin moment like we had last year when the Sioux took three of four points from the Badgers. It was the second to last series of the season and gave UND real momentum heading into the playoffs. Before that, the Sioux had gone 0-4 against Wisconsin. Getting over the hex the Pioneers have had on UND the last two seasons could be just what the doctor ordered for a strong finish.

:blush: Lighten up...

Concentrate on winning, getting the sweep, playoffs, NCAA, etc.

No one cares for Paukovich but like others have said, the win is more important than that bonehead.

I can't imagine Coach Hakstol has that philospohy.

But along what Dagies had stated, I'm only a poster, not a player (good thing).

:blush: Lighten up...

Concentrate on winning, getting the sweep, playoffs, NCAA, etc.

No one cares for Paukovich but like others have said, the win is more important than that bonehead.

I can't imagine Coach Hakstol has that philospohy.

But along what Dagies had stated, I'm only a poster, not a player (good thing).

I would bet that the above poster ATLSioux didn't play hockey either. If I had been a player I would have spent a lot of time in the box myself.

I liked the "Saturday Night Sioux" at Mariucci this year. Beaten and bloody with a humiliating season sweep looming, they landed one square on the jaw of the heavyweight Gopher and dropped him for the 10-count.

Win tonight and force the Pios to play desperate hockey on Saturday. Then, win again.

Go Sioux!

taz