SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State Visits the Ralph

SiouxHockey1410

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, Campion is the best official in the WCHA (not sure that says too much).

I rarely have any significant complaint with games he has done, unlike some other officials.

Shepard is absolutely terrible, not sure he has ever done a game that I thought was good.

I only remember Zelkin from the series with the Wisconsin diving team earlier this year. He was on par with Shepard, at least in that series.

Adam used to be barely acceptable but after the Bina incident I never want to see him officiate any game again, he should be booted from the league.

Mason and Schmidt are tolerable.

Don't hammer on me to hard for this, but I'm wondering one thing. Has there ever been a game where the officiating met anyones expectations ? It just seems to me that every game win or lose it's always the same complaints about officials. I know some calls get botched, however blaming officials seems too easy of a target sometimes. I hardly think it's any referee's fault that we lead the nation in checking from behind calls, for example. Go ahead let the smearing begin.

I have seen the officating good but in the NHL, it just seems that college is way more biased then the NHL.

I have seen a lot of ticky tacky penalty calling in college this season and I think the refs have it out for UND for some reason, wether its the arena or we are still paying for how Blais worked over and complained about the refs all the time. I think the officating in the WCHA is second rate. S#!tty, would be the word I use.

Apparently MSU-M is 6-1-1 in its last 8, and during that time have outscored opponents 32-17. I don't think they'll be pushovers...

I am reading and hearing UND players say they're sick of teams feeling "comfortable" playing at the Ralph. Maybe they'll do something about it for once.

Don't hammer on me to hard for this, but I'm wondering one thing. Has there ever been a game where the officiating met anyones expectations ? It just seems to me that every game win or lose it's always the same complaints about officials. I know some calls get botched, however blaming officials seems too easy of a target sometimes. I hardly think it's any referee's fault that we lead the nation in checking from behind calls, for example. Go ahead let the smearing begin.

I don't recall ever attacking an official for the checking from behind rules. In fact, of the recent start of "crackdowns," this one is actually a crackdown and is actually called. The obstruction crackdown is yet to be implemented in the WCHA.

No, seriously, there have been good officiating in the WCHA this year. However, my point of view isn't the perspective of "Bad" vs. "Good" officiating. It is "consistent" vs. "inconsistent" with me. Bad calls are going to happen. The officials are human. HOWEVER, the official should be able to stick to his (in this case) convictions. Meaning if he calls interference on one team (good or bad call), then he calls the same thing on the other team (good or bad call) if the other team commits it.

I don't expect mistake-free officiating. I expect consistent officiating. Mistake-free is rare, if not impossible. Consistent officiating is difficult, but can be accomplished IMO.

IMO, Campion is the best official in the WCHA (not sure that says too much).

I rarely have any significant complaint with games he has done, unlike some other officials.

Shepard is absolutely terrible, not sure he has ever done a game that I thought was good.

I only remember Zelkin from the series with the Wisconsin diving team earlier this year. He was on par with Shepard, at least in that series.

Adam used to be barely acceptable but after the Bina incident I never want to see him officiate any game again, he should be booted from the league.

Mason and Schmidt are tolerable.

I could agree with that in principle. Actually well said. I used to think that Zelkin was ok, until I saw him do his number on UND this year during the Wisconsin series.

Apparently MSU-M is 6-1-1 in its last 8, and during that time have outscored opponents 32-17. I don't think they'll be pushovers...

I am reading and hearing UND players say they're sick of teams feeling "comfortable" playing at the Ralph. Maybe they'll do something about it for once.

Ok, lest break this down further, Mankato have and tied beat UNO, tied and lost to Minnesota Duluth, beat and lost to Notre Dame, beat and lost to MTU, tied Yale, beat UNO and UAH (must have been a tourney), and beat UAA (2). That in my opinion is not very impressive list of teams, however, they have beat UND at home in the past. So on paper UND should win this series.

Of course one of the reasons why teams might feel "comfortable" at The Ralph is because we, as fans, perhaps, are not sometimes rabid enough. Nothing beats a building full of loud loud fans. No profanity. No sexism. No racism. No left wing stuff. Just good, solid, fun cheering and heckling at warp speed and maximum volume. That's college hockey, and that is what makes college hockey so fun.

Aside, of course, from the sheer skill, determination, and outright athleticism being played out on the ice.

I have seen many athletes. Hockey players, I have come to believe, are the best athletes of them all.

Can't wait to get to The Ralph. Sioux rule. Mavs drool.

Of course one of the reasons why teams might feel "comfortable" at The Ralph is because we, as fans, perhaps, are not sometimes rabid enough. Nothing beats a building full of loud loud fans. No profanity. No sexism. No racism. No left wing stuff. Just good, solid, fun cheering and heckling at warp speed and maximum volume. That's college hockey, and that is what makes college hockey so fun.

Aside, of course, from the sheer skill, determination, and outright athleticism being played out on the ice.

I have seen many athletes. Hockey players, I have come to believe, are the best athletes of them all.

Can't wait to get to The Ralph. Sioux rule. Mavs drool.

Knowing NorthDakotaHockey as well as I do, he's rabid enough. And if he starts foaming at the mouth this weekend in Grand Forks, please, someone, get him to a veterinary clinic.