SiouxSports.com Forum

So who fights Demarchi this weekend.

Goon

35 members have voted

1. 1. So who fights Demarchi this weekend.

• a. Matt Greene no DQ's yet: Let get ready to rumble.
    • b. David Hale has one DQ.
    • c. Ryan Hale has one DQ.
    • d. Andy Schnider No DQ's but our offensive defensemen.
    • e. David Marvin hum...
    • f. Nick Fuher...
    • g. all of the above.
    • h. Palmo...

It is pretty much a given that Matt Demarchi will go after Parise.

Matt is a goon (one without any honor, a guttless puke, a thug the saddam hussien of college hockey) there is no doubt he will try something cheap when the Sioux play UofM... Demarchi is a class piece of S#!t on a class program...

I think UND has to stand up to this guy this weekend...

We all know DeMarchi's history and the crap he is capable of, but I was hoping that for once, he wouldn't engage in an illegal and/or injurious acts and that none of our guys would have to fight him and that none of our guys would have to be suspended and that none of our guys would miss anymore games. We have been shorthanded for too long now.

That being said, if DeMarchi does pull his usual crap I hope the Sioux player that tangles with him, if it comes to that, works him over.

Hey regardless of whether DeMarchi pulls his usual cheap stuff or not, I say that Matt Greene pounds the crap out of him just out of principle. With that being the case, let's all hope that Greene like's the Elton John song "Saturday Night's All Right For Fighting" and chooses to open up a can on live TV. That way he'll only be sitting for the first game at Alaska.

Ho, Ho, Ho

Greene Giant

I've no doubt that if DeMarchi pulls one of his patented hits from behind, throw them head first into the boards move, the closest Sioux to him will be in swinging. Chances are, since they usually occur behing the Gopher net, it will be a Sioux forward (with both Dmen trying to get into the action).

Not to advocate physical play too much, but...... I'm thinking that if there is an altercation it'll be Prpich or Massen taking on "Vanilla Thug" ..... I think that JM plays much better when he lays out a couple of good hits in the beginning of a series and I think that Prpich isn't one to shy away from contact...... our de-men would be better occupied taking care of our zone (around the goalie) let the forwards take care of DeMarchi if necessary.

I don't believe DeMarchi will be a problem this weekend. Despite past history he seems to be trying hard to keep the nonsense to a minimum this year and I expect that will continue this weekend. But you never know. That said, it better not be a Sioux forward that goes with DeMarchi because most of them will get their arses kicked in excepting possibly R Hale. I don't think they are big enough though a couple have the spunk. Say what you want but DeMarchi is still a pretty big guy and our forwards mostly are not. And Massen doesn't strike me as the fighting type. It would likely be one of our D-men should it happen.

I hope it doesn't. I would like to keep our guys on the ice.

Dagies, you are right. Actually, don't you think that thanks to the water bottle incident/pubilcity the officials will keep an even closer eye on DeMarchi, more than they normally would? As it has been stated previously, as important as this series is for UND it is more so for the gophers. They really need a couple wins, especially while playing at home. Maybe instead of a Marquee DeMarchi Matchup, they could let Virg and Sid wage a NCC/Div.II/Herb likes us better vs. Big 10/Div.I/we have no money to compete: the word war (print vs. radio).

DeMarchi may be a stone cold moron, but he's not stupid. :( If he tries a really cheap shot on any player, Parise or otherwise, he's going to have his hands full in a hurry. Moreover, Lucia can't afford having his team taking dumb penalties, and neither can we.

Unlike last season's team, this team doesn't take "stuff" from others. They stick together and it shows on the ice. However, if DeMarchi, or anybody else gets too chippy or cheap, I'd guess D. Hale, Greene or perhaps Schneider will be happy to "chat" with him.

I am concerned about Saturday, to be honest.

This year has a different feel than prior years ... we have a very cohesive dish-it-back team, and the Gophers have a lot of wannabe guys trying to make a name for themself. The ingredients are there, I can see a lot of offsetting minors and stuff ... but nothing with a slug of DQs. I hope our most skilled big guys stay clean (Massen, Schneider, 2xHale to name a few).

Oh, and BTW its Canady that whups DeMarchi.

he's not stupid. :(  If he tries a really cheap shot on any player, Parise or otherwise, he's going to have his hands full in a hurry.  

i don't know Demarchi personally so i don't know of his intelligence, BUT he's not a smart hockey player. Demarchi won't let this opportunity go without taking at least one cheap shot at Parise. although, i"d be surprised if Canady doesn't have a bullseye on his head after what he did last year. my only hope is that Matt Greene gets Demarchi squared off on sat. and shows him how to fight standing face-to-face instead of the usual cheap shots he likes to give to the back his opponents head. Goon said it best.

Take Hale, Hale, Spiewak, McMahon and Fuher off your list to start. They've each already served a suspension, so the next would be for two games. That leaves only Schneider, Greene, Prpich and Canady in my book.

DeMarchi has been bad in the past, to be sure, but it's a little closed-minded to think he's that much worse than any other team's enforcers. We celebrate Archie, Commie and Greene, and while I know there's a big difference between physical play and cross-checks in the back, most neutral observers would have a tough time distinguishing one team's crusher from another's.

Thinking back to our game last year, don't forget the cheap trick.

Pulling the jersey over the head of our player and scoring the winning goal. Wasn't it Keith Ballard, that was really funny. :(

That was an interesting move.

Maybe Cannady will go toe to toe with Demarchi. Also I would never advocate fighting in college hockey. :p