SiouxSports.com Forum

Bush League Fans @ UM

OETKB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you should have heard TH and crew rip into the UM fans, who were throwing things at the Sioux at the end of the game. And, of course, Campion called no delay penalty.

"Bush league fans" is their exact consensius, not mine.

Good character comeback tonight for UND. This is what we expected the whole weekend. The whole year, year after year, for that matter.

I wonder if TH has seen the memo from Tom Buning (Director of Athletics) towards the behavior of UND Students at the Ralph? Maybe before he starts ripping into Minnesota fans as being Bush league he should read the memo. Minnesota has some idiot fans (key word "SOME") just like every other program.

Originally done by tUMD PB of course and written about in INCH. ???

What he said. Copycats! Plus there are way more trees in Duluth.

If you want to find real A$$hole students fans go to the Kohl center. They are pricks before and after the games. They really get into during the game, but they know nothing about hockey. So they just like to swear at yea and throw crap.

I couldn't agree with you MORE.

It is nice to be a Bulldog fan because (among the million other reasons) we don't really inspire hatred in anyone the way the Gophers, Sioux, and Badgers do. I don't hear F*** the Bulldogs every time I put on my jersey and the worst I hear is "Gopher rejects."

like it has been said, bad fans can be found anywhere, in Columbus last year my friend had to pull me away from UND fans that were getting in my face after our loss/your win....they are everywhere, and all of us have examples of good and bad....time to move on and look for post season match ups...

WPoS

I remember a couple of years ago when UND got swept at home against Minnesota that our fans started throwing stuff on the ice at the end. Every team has their fans, and I would put the Minnesota fans who threw stuff on the ice at the end of the game on the same level as the sioux fans who threw stuff on the ice at the end of the series a couple of years ago.

UND won the game, let it go.

Exactly, we all have some bad fans. For the series in December in Grand Forks I had something fly right by my face as I was walking up the aisle in my gopher jersey. I could care less what Hennesey thinks about Gopher fans. They're certainly no worse than Sioux fans.

Friday's game was the first I have ever been to at Mariucci. I have been to numerous road games in Mankato, St. Cloud and at the Xcel. The fans we encountered at Mariucci were by far the rudest and had little knowledge of the game. I won't go into details, but the sign at Friday's game discussed in another thread was just one thing that rubbed us the wrong way. Like I said, no details, but wow, were there a bunch of idiots at that game.

I wonder if TH has seen the memo from Tom Buning (Director of Athletics) towards the behavior of UND Students at the Ralph? Maybe before he starts ripping into Minnesota fans as being Bush league he should read the memo. Minnesota has some idiot fans (key word "SOME") just like every other program.

FWIW, I thought TH was talking more about Campion not calling a penalty being bush league, but I wasn't listening as closely at that point...

like it has been said, bad fans can be found anywhere, in Columbus last year my friend had to pull me away from UND fans that were getting in my face after our loss/your win....they are everywhere, and all of us have examples of good and bad....time to move on and look for post season match ups...

WPoS

At the same tournament, WPoS, Sioux fans waiting for the Al Pearson charter bus to show up were greeted by plenty of Gopher fans yelling "Sioux still suck" and "we hope Denver kicks your a** Saturday". It's unfortunate that fans like you and me can't seem to find each other at tournaments like this and it always seems that bad apples meet good ones, resulting in a potential altercation.

well at least Sec 13 and 14 should, Sec 2 and 3 didn't pull that crap!

WPoS

Give me a break. I was in SRO in Section 1. Sections 2&3 were filled with the lowest of low of hockey fans. All night it was one thing after another. There was this guy in a throwback jersey....he was the WORST!

Give me a break. I was in SRO in Section 1. Sections 2&3 were filled with the lowest of low of hockey fans. All night it was one thing after another. There was this guy in a throwback jersey....he was the WORST!

pppbbbttthhhhhhhhh!

WPoS

I saw the throwback jersey guy, too. He's the kind of fan whose jersey usually has a nice set of heat press-on letters applied to it with a goofy name like "Rubiks Cube" or "Back-to-Back Champs" along with the #69!