SiouxSports.com Forum

TJ Oshie

sioux rube

Any word on his injury.I hope he is alright because obviously the SIOUX need him.

My sources at the game in Vancouver tell me that TJ will be just fine, and hopes to play this weekend against Alaska. That is very good news. It sounds as if he may have went into the boards somewhat in a head-first fashion, which is always scary. I don't know the complete details of the incident, however. When things like that happen you don't even care about wins, losses, or medals, just like with Bina's injury, or anyone else's for that matter, you just hope they are OK, everything else is secondary. We can all be proud of our players on this team and the hard work they put into this tournament even though they come home without a medal. I congratulate all of them and can't wait to see them back in a Sioux Jersey.

My sources at the game in Vancouver tell me that TJ will be just fine, and hopes to play this weekend against Alaska. That is very good news. It sounds as if he may have went into the boards somewhat in a head-first fashion, which is always scary. I don't know the complete details of the incident, however. When things like that happen you don't even care about wins, losses, or medals, just like with Bina's injury, or anyone else's for that matter, you just hope they are OK, everything else is secondary. We can all be proud of our players on this team and the hard work they put into this tournament even though they come home without a medal. I congratulate all of them and can't wait to see them back in a Sioux Jersey.

and on top of the injury i believe oshie was called for a BS penalty that he couldn't even serve because he was hurt...

Thanks for the great news.

MY SOURCES, the famous words, you sound like you should be working for ESPN, they always say that :lol:

just giving you a hard time..glad to hear osh may be ok!!

My sources at the game in Vancouver tell me that TJ will be just fine, and hopes to play this weekend against Alaska. That is very good news.

That's good to hear. I just saw the play and that was the most rediculous call I've seen all tourney.

Hakstol is going to have some tough decisions whether or not to play these guys after each has played five tough games in the last seven days.

That's good to hear. I just saw the play and that was the most rediculous call I've seen all tourney.

Hakstol is going to have some tough decisions whether or not to play these guys after each has played five tough games in the last seven days.

I don't know how tough a decision it will be...Oshie's been their best player this year....And I totally agree with you on the call they made when he got injured. It was total hustle by him and total BS by the ref...

Oh, and you Canadian fans...If you think you hate the U.S. now, wait until we make you the 51st state. :lol:

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/s...ta/13561108.htm

hakstol talking

"All four guys have played quite a bit," he said. "I think those guys will be excited to come back to the team and adrenaline will carry them through the weekend. We'll have to be careful to manage their minutes."

Oshie suffered an injury after being checked into the boards during the second period of Team USA's 4-2 loss to Finland in the bronze medal game Thursday. He was taken to the hospital after the game and was released when the X-rays came out negative.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the Blues forum on that site. There is a thread called something like "Who the hell is TJ Oshie?" started when he was drafted. All their fans rip the Blues for drafting some unknown loser from some USHS team and talk about how the Blues just totally wasted the pick. Now in the same thread, people are praising the Blues for the pick and talking about how great Oshie is. :huh:

Anybody happen to see who missed the cut on the bottom of the HF aticle?

Hint, he was given a phantom assist from the bench against the sioux to keep his point per game streak going :huh:

How does a player get a phantom assist from the bench? :love: