SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH qoute

siouxguyinstpaul

"A road map highlighting the intersection of Talent Ave. and Maturity Street. Once the young Sioux learn how to bring their best stuff on a nightly basis, they'll be a very dangerous team."

They just need to win enough games to make the regional so they have the opportunity to be dangerous. A sweep of Bemidji was a good start, now a sweep of Harvard is the next order of business. Both Harvard and Bemidji will probably be bubble teams so four wins would be a big boost. With a full roster I think we would sweep Harvard for sure, but missing 4, maybe 5 (Finley) key players is a big obstacle. Hopefully the guys are up to the challenge.

They just need to win enough games to make the regional so they have the opportunity to be dangerous. A sweep of Bemidji was a good start, now a sweep of Harvard is the next order of business. Both Harvard and Bemidji will probably be bubble teams so four wins would be a big boost. With a full roster I think we would sweep Harvard for sure, but missing 4, maybe 5 (Finley) key players is a big obstacle. Hopefully the guys are up to the challenge.

Not to sound too cocky but if you went through our line up. I'd bet any money that UND is more sound that Harvard.

Zajac, Spirko, Stafford

Miller Porter Duncan

Watkins, Kozick, Prpich

Kaip, Fabin. with who ever. I suppose Foyt. Thats not a bad line up. Tweek the lines which ever way you but I like our chances against a second tier team like Harvard. My guess is that BSU was a tougher team. The goalies might get some work with some of the guys that will be playing but Marvin looked better last time he played on Defense.

Not to sound too cocky but if you went through our line up. I'd bet any money that UND is more sound that Harvard.

Zajac, Spirko, Stafford

Miller Porter Duncan

Watkins, Kozick, Prpich

Kaip, Fabin. with who ever. I suppose Foyt. Thats not a bad line up. Tweek the lines which ever way you but I like our chances against a second tier team like Harvard. My guess is that BSU was a tougher team. The goalies might get some work with some of the guys that will be playing but Marvin looked better last time he played on Defense.

I'm glad you are confident. Our best young talent is gone for this series (with the exception of Duncan and Zajac) and Harvard loses no one. I like Watkins and Kozek but they haven't gotten into the swing of things so far to become consistant scoring threats. Harvard isn't a slouch by any means and could very well take a game from us.

One thing is for certain: We're going to REALLY have to step it up defensively and stay out of the box vs. Harvard.

My projected lineup:

Spirko, Zajac, Stafford

Kozek, Duncan, Porter

Fabian, Watkins, Prpich

Miller, Kaip, Mertens

Smaby-Radke

Jones-Marvin

Foyt-Alexander?

(I know Finley, Chorney, and Lee are gone but I feel like I'm missing a defenseman...)

Ouch.... our defensive corps looks scary.

Folks, when the Crimson come to town what'll our D look like?

Smaby (dinged)

Radke

Jones

Finley (out?)

Marvin (he didn't have a BSU weekend that gives me confidence)

Foyt or Alexander (both if Finley is out)

Somebody fire up the iron lung: Smaby and Jonesy are gonna need it. They'll be loggin' mega-ice time in the tradition of recent "MacKensie and Caldwell" days at DU. (I swear those two would log 80 of the 120 minutes of DU D-man ice time in a game.)

Forwards?

Duncan Zajac Sparky

Porter Stafford Miller(reward for a good BSU weekend?)

Fabian Prpich Watkins

Kozek Kaip (Foyt or Martens)

I can live with that for a weekend, but I'll really miss "7" and "9".

(I know Finley, Chorney, and Lee are gone but I feel like I'm missing a defenseman...)

Caller: Under the B, 28, B, 28.

Paukovich: Bingo!

You and me: :D

(And dang you for pointing out the scary D before I could. :lol:;) )

Edited by The Sicatoka

Folks, when the Crimson come to town what'll our D look like?

Smaby (dinged)

Radke

Jones

Finley (out?)

Marvin (he didn't have a BSU weekend that gives me confidence)

Foyt or Alexander (both if Finley is out)

Somebody fire up the iron lung: Smaby and Jonesy are gonna need it. They'll be loggin' mega-ice time in the tradition of recent "MacKensie and Caldwell" days at DU. (I swear those two would log 80 of the 120 minutes of DU D-man ice time in a game.)

Forwards?

Duncan Zajac Sparky

Porter Stafford Miller(reward for a good BSU weekend?)

Fabian Prpich Watkins

Kozek Kaip (Foyt or Martens)

I can live with that for a weekend, but I'll really miss "7" and "9"

I thought Miller, Kaip and Fabian played good together on Saturday night!!!

I believe the last two defensive pairs will be:

Berry/Hakstol

sprig/dagies

Whew! My days skatin' backwards are long since gone. I'm glad someone else is hung with it. Am I skatin' on a line with Staff or Sparky? ;) Whaddaya mean "Prpich"? What are you trying to say? :lol::0:D

Edited by The Sicatoka

:lol: friggin' hilarious :D

I love it!

At the most recent Fargo Sioux Booster meeting someone asked Berry that very question, namely if he and Hak would be skating against "Haaaavid."

I believe the exact response from Brad was, "God I hope not." ;)

Edited by The Sicatoka

Hahvad is currently 17th in the Krach rankings on this site. Sioux are 8th.

Hahvad leads the ECAC while the Sioux are mired in 6th place in the WCHA though they have 2 games in hand over 5th place Duluth. Hahvad's record is 9-5-1. The Sioux's record is 12-7-1.

Hahvad has a SOS of about 38. The combined records of the teams they've beat is 41-40-4 and includes good teams like BC (currently 9th in Krach), New Hampshire (18th), St. Lawrence (5th) and Colgate (10th). They've lost to teams with a combined record of 20-23-2 including dogs like Quinnipiac (43rd in Krach) and Yale (44th). Other losses are all in-conference with Cornell (13th), Clarkson (21st) and Darmouth (35th). Looks like they are capable of just about anything.

Sioux SOS is about 60. Only 5 teams have played a more difficult schedule according to Krach. The Sioux don't have too many notable wins, though they have beaten Miami (2nd in Krach), New Hampshire (18th), Denver (15th). The Sioux have lost to Michigan State (22nd in Krach) and St. Cloud State (27th). All other losses are to Denver (15th), Minnesota (7th), Wisconsin (1st). Not exactly poor company.

Relevant to Hahvad's current Krach ranking (17th), the Sioux have beaten and tied New Hampshire (18th) on the road, and split at home with Denver (15th).

It would seem that the Sioux should be expected to beat Hahvad, especially being at home, but the paper also seems to indicate this series is up for grabs, especially with the Sioux short a number of important players.

Hahvad is currently 17th in the Krach rankings on this site. Sioux are 8th.

Hahvad leads the ECAC while the Sioux are mired in 6th place in the WCHA though they have 2 games in hand over 5th place Duluth. Hahvad's record is 9-5-1. The Sioux's record is 12-7-1.

Hahvad has a SOS of about 38. The combined records of the teams they've beat is 41-40-4 and includes good teams like BC (currently 9th in Krach), New Hampshire (18th), St. Lawrence (5th) and Colgate (10th). They've lost to teams with a combined record of 20-23-2 including dogs like Quinnipiac (43rd in Krach) and Yale (44th). Other losses are all in-conference with Cornell (13th), Clarkson (21st) and Darmouth (35th). Looks like they are capable of just about anything.

Sioux SOS is about 60. Only 5 teams have played a more difficult schedule according to Krach. The Sioux don't have too many notable wins, though they have beaten Miami (2nd in Krach), New Hampshire (18th), Denver (15th). The Sioux have lost to Michigan State (22nd in Krach) and St. Cloud State (27th). All other losses are to Denver (15th), Minnesota (7th), Wisconsin (1st). Not exactly poor company.

Relevant to Hahvad's current Krach ranking (17th), the Sioux have beaten and tied New Hampshire (18th) on the road, and split at home with Denver (15th).

It would seem that the Sioux should be expected to beat Hahvad, especially being at home, but the paper also seems to indicate this series is up for grabs, especially with the Sioux short a number of important players.

Why didn't you just say THAT? :lol:

I just think that losing to a EZAC team isn't an option. Hak has to teach the boys that it doesn't get any easier than this, maybe except for MTU and UAA. I believe we must win these two games. I also believe we can and will. Some of the experienced gents need to step it up this next weekend. As for Scoring the combo of Stafford, Spirko and Zajac have really shinned lately and are making a moves in the points departments.

Lets hope that continues. Lastly it appears the two headed monster has returned in net.

I just think that losing to a EZAC team isn't an option. Hak has to teach the boys that it doesn't get any easier than this, maybe except for MTU and UAA. I believe we must win these two games. I also believe we can and will. Some of the experienced gents need to step it up this next weekend. As for Scoring the combo of Stafford, Spirko and Zajac have really shinned lately and are making a moves in the points departments.

Lets hope that continues. Lastly it appears the two headed monster has returned in net.

Goon, I agree with you. With the way things are for the Sioux right now, they have a very good chance of finishing 5th in the WCHA. Hopefully that would be enough to get into the NCAA's. Regardless, the Sioux need to give themselves the best seed possible, with the regional on home ice. I would think winning these last 2 non-conference games against a reasonable opponent will really help at the end of the year. I think the Sioux need to play these as if they are critical to the post-season. I'm not as convinced as you that Harvard is a patsy, however. But I do think the Sioux should approach these games like losing is not an option.

I agree that losing to an ECAC team is unthinkable for a top 7 wcha team, but i think Hak needs to tell the boys the game will be as tough as a wisco series. if you tell them it's going to be easy, they may take some time off. i say let em know this is one of the most important series (aren't they all?) and that a loss at home is not in the cards.

Goon, I agree with you. With the way things are for the Sioux right now, they have a very good chance of finishing 5th in the WCHA.

Honestly I think that with the schedule that UND has the Sioux could finish 3rd or 4th in the league. There are 18 games left and we only play C.C. twice, UMN two more times and Denver twice. The rest of the teams we play are bottoms feeders in the league.