SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BEAVERS PART 2

AZSIOUX

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't hear much from the people on GPL saying that they were glad Oshie was coming in right out of high school because he wouldn't be ready. For that matter, you don't hear many people on here questioning the coaches wisdom for bringing him in right out of high school. Safe to say the coaches know what they were doing, and that it wasn't just a numbers game after Brady Murray left.

Guess I'm lost on this one... Why would GPL people talk about Oshie?

Last summer there were people on GPL questioning Hakstol saying that he was going to bring in Oshie without regard to Brady Murray leaving. Some, not all, were saying they were very happy that Oshie was coming in, because they were certain he wasn't ready for this level of play. Turns out he seems to be more ready for this level than some of their freshmen.

Just got home from the game a little while ago. I'm home for the holidays, so this is the first live Sioux game I've caught since the Final Five in 2004. A few things I noticed from the game:

T.J. Oshie is a stud. Even if he hadn't gotten a hattrick, that kid hustles up and down the ice shift after shift and definately does not shy away from playing the body.

Parise looked a little slow at times, and his angle seemed a little off during the first period. But he came up with some monumental saves at the end of the second and beginning of the third. The post helped, too, of course.

The shorty was absolutely beautiful. Zajac set that up so perfect, Stafford had a wide open net.

For getting minimal playing towards the beginning of the season, Miller seem fairly confident on the ice and had a couple of great scoring opportunities.

How old is the Ralph announcer? That kid is good...especially for it being his first season.

That's about it. This was the perfect game to fulfill my longing for Sioux hockey. I only wish I could have seen Toews play.

Also gotta offer a tip of the cap to Layne Sedevie, who must have had all kind of emotions tonight. I was really impressed with the quotes in the GF Herald article this week.

Here's hoping he restarts a long winning streak.

he has already played a full game at the ralph last year so it probably wasn't as big of a deal having already suited up vs the sioux compared to if it was his 1st game vs them...still a great story and glad to see him on the ice 1st off and 2nd how great he is doing...

How about sparky with 4 assists and no penalty in 50+ games. Thats amazing.

Spirko was officially credited with three assists. I believe that he was originally given an assist on Oshie's third goal, but it wasn't on the final stats sheet.

Edited by PCM

Spirko was officially credited with three assists. I believe that he was originally given an assist on Oshie's third goal, but it wasn't on the final stats sheet.

Good, that clears that up. Sure heard his name a lot last night. Not a bad weekend for him.

First off, congrats TJ, 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th goal of the year, game winner both nights, and first college hat trick. Not too shabby of a weekend. Good luck at the World Juniors. Aside from that, I thought Miller put forth one heck of an effort, at least on Sat. night. Good to see he go hard to the net like he did, keep it up and it will pay off.

Who'd a thunk Oshie would have 10 goals before Christmas? (I know Yttrium and THETRIOUPER (sp?) probably did.) When Mueller and Oshie were headed to the U.S. summer camp and there was some comparison between the two, one of the aforementioned posters said: "let's let them get out on the ice and see how it goes." I guess we're seeing. What a revelation. Way to go TJ, good luck tonight, for the US for a few weeks, and in calendar 2006.

Yeah, JK that was me. I said, let them lace them up and see what happens. Then some goopher idiot came back and said something like "this is clearly a thread about comparing Oshie and mueller, and Oshies not in mueller's league blah blah blah" or something like that. Then Redwing chastised me for jumping all over those goopher idiots, ect. That's ok, water under the bridge. Just glad to see TJ having the success that he is. Now here's hoping he stays long enough, as well with Lee, Toews, Chorney, ect. to hang a banner in the Ralph. That would be icing on the cake.

Yeah, JK that was me. I said, let them lace them up and see what happens. Then some goopher idiot came back and said something like "this is clearly a thread about comparing Oshie and mueller, and Oshies not in mueller's league blah blah blah" or something like that. Then Redwing chastised me for jumping all over those goopher idiots, ect. That's ok, water under the bridge. Just glad to see TJ having the success that he is. Now here's hoping he stays long enough, as well with Lee, Toews, Chorney, ect. to hang a banner in the Ralph. That would be icing on the cake.

:lol:

Uh Wha?!

I may appreciate the insight of a few Gopher posters here (Greyeagle, sagard, and occasionally WPoS), but when smack talk is thrown down, especially saying Mueller > Oshie, have at it. See if I care :D

Like I said water under the bridge, but if I could archive, some of you guys were almost as hard on me as I was to the goopher idiots. My whole thing was no one was comparing Oshie to mueller, it was simply a discussion of who we all thought may be on the world junior's from our squad. Like always the gooher faithful showed up and started interjecting their crap. I don't mind most of those guys either as long as the have something worthwhile to add. In retrospect it all worked out for the best, Tj did his talking on the ice and has now silenced all the critics, and really, who would want it any other way. Sorry RW, no hard feelings at all towards you. :lol: