SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BEAVERS PART 2

AZSIOUX

WE NEED A HOME WIN!!

pregame hak says...little bit of a street fight last night...best kind of of game we could have had last night for our team...said kaip and prpich showed what they were made of last night...all guys showed a little mean streak..jones snapped a "little" and had a very good third period..he was physically abusive...phil has been very good in the last 3 weeks in practice...we were happy with our penalty kill...sluggish on powerplay...i expect this game to pick up right where it left off last night..says it was pre determined that phil would go friday and jordan saturday...

pregame bsu coach says...we have to play with energy every night...go hard to the net...TH says if bemidji had more skill they would have scored more goals :silly: ..coach says is that a slam (laughing)...coach says my guys might take that as a slam...your not going to beat UND by scoring 1 goal...it was a great hockey game to play last night, to coach and to call for TH and for the fans...

pregame oshie says....bemidji's crowd was intense...we showed a lot of emotion...they pressured very hard on penalty kill...have to support everyone on ice better and move puck quicker...chorney, lee and myself fly to seattle tomorrow then start wjt practice...will be nice to play in front of my family and friends wo have not seen me play in 4 years or so...

pregame spirko says...1st penalties in 56 games last night...1st one was questionable sparky says...i do stuff when the refs are not looking :lol: ..my position is to make plays and score goals...they will come out hard tonight but we will come out harder...

zajac, dislocated thumb last night

obvious players out...finley broken arm, toews team canada

sedevie in net for bsu

parise in net for sioux

for those following on siouxsports tonight i will have intermision trivia for 2 sioux legends signed cards...stay tuned

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BSU's coach is a very down-to-earth guy. He has no illusions that his team has as much talent as UND. That is why he coaches an aggresive, emotional style of hockey. I like playing BSU type teams. They keep UND honest in that we need to play with more emotion and play more physically.

BSU's coach is a very down-to-earth guy. He has no illusions that his team has as much talent as UND. That is why he coaches an aggresive, emotional style of hockey. I like playing BSU type teams. They keep UND honest in that we need to play with more emotion and play more physically.

Mankato usually has the same type of team. On paper, it looks like an easy win, but once we get on the ice, it always to seem as big as battle, if not bigger, than the bigger teams.

Mankato usually has the same type of team. On paper, it looks like an easy win, but once we get on the ice, it always to seem as big as battle, if not bigger, than the bigger teams.

Exactly. Against the Goofs, UND played their style of hockey. And Potulny & Irmen took it to us. Sad.

UND needs to play Sioux hockey - physical defense, strong forecheck, relentlenss puck pursuit, talent to finish plays. That is the way it has been and the way it shall always be. Go Sioux!