SiouxSports.com Forum

No Local TV-----No Problem

01grad

It was a pretty decent picture last year. I have never seen that dataflix thing we have, but people said the picture looks a lot like that. It doesn't freeze up, which is good, but the picture doesn't have a lot of color and is a little blurry.

Thank you...we will try it at the bar....put in on the big Screens ..better then nothing...Guess what UND it's FREE!!!......Get a Clue..UND?

great point!! or get a feed that actually works if your going to charge.........

Dataflix has worked fine for me this year.

We all know you are the resident defender of Dataflix, but there are way too many problems with a service that charges that much to use it.

The web audio is also a joke. UND has had to issue press releases stating their technical difficulties with the web audio, that in my opinion is a joke.

We all know you are the resident defender of Dataflix, but there are way too many problems with a service that charges that much to use it.

The web audio is also a joke. UND has had to issue press releases stating their technical difficulties with the web audio, that in my opinion is a joke.

I agree. It seems odd to me that so many posters here have so much problems with Dataflix to have it be considered a reasonable service. 90 percent success is one thing, but when it is consistently failing for many, if not most, of its users? No. Dataflix is a horrid waste of money. And since there has been no appreciable increase in quality and reliability since its release, I can say that it is also mismanaged.

Dataflix is a horrible waste of money. I'll listen to it on the radio, watch it on tv, or tune in here before I'll even consider Dataflix.

What a crock! I guess I shouldn't have posted this because now I can't even get in. I hope all of you suckers that saw this are enjoying the game. I didn't know this was even possible that it would fill up.

I feel Bad...Sorry hooked on at 5:30 pm....No Audio...Seperate feed for that and its full..Watching Game and Listening to our Local Radio ..they are at least 5 seconds ahead

Speaking of a good, free web broadcast, have any of you watched the Anchorage one? It is put out by the cable company up there (GCI?) Supposedly it is only meant for GCI subscribers but I have been able to get it several times. The quality is phenomenal for a web broadcast, good picture, no choppiness or freezing and the audio is very good also.

I don't know NoDaks schedule but if you play at Anchorage, check out the game thread on USCHO, somebody should post a link for it.

Looking forward to a Sioux beat down next weekend :glare:

Speaking of a good, free web broadcast, have any of you watched the Anchorage one? It is put out by the cable company up there (GCI?) Supposedly it is only meant for GCI subscribers but I have been able to get it several times. The quality is phenomenal for a web broadcast, good picture, no choppiness or freezing and the audio is very good also.

I don't know NoDaks schedule but if you play at Anchorage, check out the game thread on USCHO, somebody should post a link for it.

Looking forward to a Sioux beat down next weekend :glare:

You better hope you get beter team goaltending from your sievey goaltender or your team will be lucky to get a point next weekend. Briggs looked sick and I haven't been that impressed with Frazee. Also, your team defense is non existant, they are all up ice in the offensive zone and will give up a lot of out maned breaks.

You better hope you get beter team goaltending from your sievey goaltender or your team will be lucky to get a point next weekend. Briggs looked sick and I haven't been that impressed with Frazee. Also, your team defense is non existant, they are all up ice in the offensive zone and will give up a lot of out maned breaks.

Briggs certainly wasnt stellar, but a good share of the problem was the team defense like you said. It definately needs to improve.

After watching last nights game I think the Gophers will need more luck to get a point this weekend than next.

Can someone stop watching the video so I can watch it? I was all pumped for it too.

I made sure I was on very early tonight since I didn't get to watch last night. Right when they were ready to drop the puck I was logged off and now I can't get in, F this.

Is it just me or does it sound like they are playing NPR in the background on the webcast?

Yeah, it's definitely A Prairie Home Companion. Doesn't really fit the hockey - no songs about putting the powdered milk biscuit in the basket yet...

John

Edited by johndahl