SiouxSports.com Forum

IUP rejected, Illinois accepted (sort of)

jimdahl

• 2 months later...
Looks like Illinois is back in the fight.

Linky

The latest appeal, to the same committee that approved the original policy, challenges the NCAA's power to impose it, the school said.

I take it that they read through UND's latest appeal before they wrote theirs.

I think that all schools involved should just issue one joint appeal about the implementation of this policy in general. Instead of everyone appealing to get off of the list, let's just get the whole list thrown in the garbage. Strength in numbers.

I take it that they read through UND's latest appeal before they wrote theirs.

I think that all schools involved should just issue one joint appeal about the implementation of this policy in general. Instead of everyone appealing to get off of the list, let's just get the whole list thrown in the garbage. Strength in numbers.

Though the situation with every school has it's own peculiarities, I have wondered if there wouldn't be some advantage to them all pooling together to fight this. But maybe it's impractical for these 2 reasons:

1. Because of each school's unique situation, there's no good way to make a more general attack to the policy.

2. The time and expense needed to try and get 16-17 schools together, to cooperate on an offensive (no pun intended) approach might be prohibitive.

Though the situation with every school has it's own peculiarities, I have wondered if there wouldn't be some advantage to them all pooling together to fight this. But maybe it's impractical for these 2 reasons:

1. Because of each school's unique situation, there's no good way to make a more general attack to the policy.

2. The time and expense needed to try and get 16-17 schools together, to cooperate on an offensive (no pun intended) approach might be prohibitive.

I'm not talking in the sence of the schools appealing together to get off of the list, I am talking in the sence that all schools involved should go after the policy itself and the legality of it. UND seems to already have a pretty strong case put together. All that would need to be done is get all of the University Presidents and Athletic Directors of the schools involved to agree to sign 1 joint appeal and present it to the NCAA.

I'm not talking in the sence of the schools appealing together to get off of the list, I am talking in the sence that all schools involved should go after the policy itself and the legality of it. UND seems to already have a pretty strong case put together. All that would need to be done is get all of the University Presidents and Athletic Directors of the schools involved to agree to sign 1 joint appeal and present it to the NCAA.

I agree. The policy is invalid regardless of what it is. The NCAA isn't an institution of social change. It regulates collegiate athletics. If it doesn't have to do with how collegiate sports is run, gender issues, and academic and athletic eligibility guidelines, then it isn't the NCAA's business.

Not that I'd like it to happen, but if the NCAA has a problem with these 18 schools, then perhaps they should contact the ACLU or the Civil Rights Authority and file a complaint. They are out of their jurisdiction here. Franklin and Brand are getting dillusions of grandeur. They see the likes of Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks and they feel left out, so they dreamt this up with help from a crazy, embittered SCSU president and a few other jokers.