SiouxSports.com Forum

DI Forum

dakotadan

If I'm not mistaken there used to be a separate forum for discussing a possible move to DI and NDSU's move to DI. I was just wondering if all of the threads were deleted when the forum was removed? If not is there a way to still go back and read through them?

I look forward to knowing when that the study becomes newsworthy.

Though it is arguable that the Forum article last week was a story about a non-event, I felt that after Bunning starting making a number of comments about the process that it was newsworthy.

It is newsworthy, but when considered in the context of Kupchella's comments on Hot Talk last week, those who interpret this study as being a sign that UND will soon move to DI aren't seeing the big picture.

I look forward to knowing when that the study becomes newsworthy.

Though it is arguable that the Forum article last week was a story about a non-event, I felt that after Bunning starting making a number of comments about the process that it was newsworthy.

Nothing has happened yet as far as a commission having any sort of results / recommendations, or even holding a single meeting as far as I know. I'm not the self-proclaimed arbiter of newsworthiness, Sioux fans just aren't talking about it much (and I presumed because nothing has happened to talk about yet). There are a few threads in community and a few in football on the implications of a possible reclassification, but certainly not so much that I think it demands breaking it out. If traffic on the topic picks up, we'll happily provide a dedicated space for such discussion.

• 1 month later...

Now the D-I news / talk is definitely picking up in the football / basketball / community forums. Though it still seems to be only one or two threads per forum -- what do people think, is it starting to become annoying and dominate those forums? Is it time to reopen "UND's Division Classification" forum and kick it all there? Or is it still nice to have the discussions about each sport in the proper place?

• 3 months later...
The talk has definitely been building... I'm perhaps a little slow, but it's alive!

Yeah, but it's mostly been smack. Jim had to close the thread earlier about that column because there were like... 5 posts on the subject at hand and what... 30 posts of smack?

Yeah, but it's mostly been smack. Jim had to close the thread earlier about that column because there were like... 5 posts on the subject at hand and what... 30 posts of smack?

No doubt, that thread sucked. However, people are obviously going to want to discuss D-I while UND is actively considering a division reclassification. Such a discussion would be disingenuous if it didn't include discussion of NDSU's success or lack thereof in having reclassified just a couple years ago.

Moving the discussion to one place helps keep the sports forums about sports, lets people who want to avoid the topic do so, and makes it easier to moderate as the incendiary threads are all in one place. On the other hand, not having a dedicated forum for it may have reduced the smack by dispersing the discussion and leading to only highly relevant threads being started.

I definitely appreciate the feedback, keep it coming.

No doubt, that thread sucked. However, people are obviously going to want to discuss D-I while UND is actively considering a division reclassification. Such a discussion would be disingenuous if it didn't include discussion of NDSU's success or lack thereof in having reclassified just a couple years ago.

Moving the discussion to one place helps keep the sports forums about sports, lets people who want to avoid the topic do so, and makes it easier to moderate as the incendiary threads are all in one place. On the other hand, not having a dedicated forum for it may have reduced the smack by dispersing the discussion and leading to only highly relevant threads being started.

I definitely appreciate the feedback, keep it coming.

My suggestion would be to just delete any smacky posts. This issue should be able to be discussed with out all the vitriolic BS...... If posters continue posting inapproriate stuff, ban them. But....treat all fans the same, Bison or Sioux!

• 2 weeks later...

My suggestion would be to just delete any smacky posts. This issue should be able to be discussed with out all the vitriolic BS...... If posters continue posting inapproriate stuff, ban them. But....treat all fans the same, Bison or Sioux!

But I LIKE VITRIOL!! (goes well with my Prozac!) ??? Nice to see Bison posters are trying to spread Bisonvilles policy of "NO DISSENT" to this board! What are we...democrats??

• 1 month later...